Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Media continues to pour it on the Jets; Decker to NY one of the WORST FA signings

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Media continues to pour it on the Jets; Decker to NY one of the WORST FA signings

Jets a poor fit for Eric Decker

Poor*Eric Decker. Yes,*he got paid. He's on this list not because of the contract, which is actually somewhat reasonable, but rather because of the fit for the receiver. Decker is closer to a*No. 2 receiver*than a No. 1. In New York, he's currently 1A, 1B and 7F. He goes from being the third option, to having the likes of*Darrelle Revis*andBrent Grimes*shadowing him on Sundays. Decker traded in his Bentley,*Peyton Manning, for an Oldsmobile Toronado,*Geno Smith. As we discussed on Friday's "Around The League Podcast" wide receiver went from a pass-happy offense to one that wants to grind the ball. Surely, his reality show will get better ratings in New York now, but his football life just got a whole lot tougher.

-- Kevin Patra

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ignings-so-far

------------

Lol. Any other team and it's a great move for a team trying to get better. When it's the Jets? Terrible move and poor Decker.

Pretty incredible how the media continues to bash the Jets for anything and everything.

Tapping while talking

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's actually a joke. Watching NFL network yields the same results as well.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    The media's scrutiny of everything the jets do is laughable at this point. Sit back and enjoy a young hungry and improving football team Jets fans!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    We can never win with the media. It's ridiculous. Oh I'm sorry we shouldn't sign a great #2 WR to a reasonable contract just because we don't have a #1 yet? There isn't an original thought amongst these idiots. The fact that we didn't let Decker and his agent bend us over the barrel due to our desperation for WRs makes this signing amazing.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup they make it a lose lose situation.

We have no weapons? "LOL I DONT THINK ONE JET IS ON MY FANTASY TEAM LOLOL"

We try to improve the situation by signing a free agent? Subjected to the dog crap above.

I love how apparently the season begins tomorrow, too. Can't believe Decker is options 1A-7F of our offense, we're in trouble folks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are all Pats* fans. Those are the only people they hire. Well, 99% of them anyways.
    If you watched FA coverage it was clear. All crying when Denver stole Talib and then made a bunch of other moves, the BEGGING Revis to "please, come to NE"
    "Show us you want to be a winner, and that money isn't all that;s important"

fckin mooks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and I didn't realize Decker was gonna be facing Revis every, single, week!

fuk them. Pasts* are gonna go down in a flaming pile of shyt as usual

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood Nosebleed View Post
    We can never win with the media. It's ridiculous. Oh I'm sorry we shouldn't sign a great #2 WR to a reasonable contract just because we don't have a #1 yet? There isn't an original thought amongst these idiots. The fact that we didn't let Decker and his agent bend us over the barrel due to our desperation for WRs makes this signing amazing.
    They like is when we are good and not an embarrassment which we have been the past few years.

Show them the wins, perform on the field, and stop embarrassing yourselves. you will get respect. If that's what u want.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    These articles are a result of producing an anemic offense with questionable quarterbacks during the Rex Ryan era. Decker will put up solid numbers here in NY, but he will be lucky to get a reception against Revis this year, that is if Geno dares to throw his way.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vader View Post
    They like is when we are good and not an embarrassment which we have been the past few years.

Show them the wins, perform on the field, and stop embarrassing yourselves. you will get respect. If that's what u want.
    We went 8-8 when they picked us as the worst team in the league. They still don't show us any respect.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the Patriots signed him they would be labeled geniuses.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who gives a F*** what the media think. Do you think Manish or Cimini have ever played a down of tackle football in their lives?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by engage8 View Post
    These articles are a result of producing an anemic offense with questionable quarterbacks during the Rex Ryan era. Decker will put up solid numbers here in NY, but he will be lucky to get a reception against Revis this year, that is if Geno dares to throw his way.
    Won't have to throw his way. We will be able to run the ball down their throats. They have no run defense so it works in our favor. Pats are trying to keep up with Denver, but physical teams will be able to beat them up.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything we do is the worst, you know that.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mluongo View Post
    Who gives a F*** what the media think. Do you think Manish or Cimini have ever played a down of tackle football in their lives?
    But...they've played Madden...that makes them knowledgeable experts.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    so just let me understand, the entire last year the media and Jets fans were complaining that the Jets don't have enough skill position players mostly in the receivers section.

so now the Jets sign a player who is CLEARLY an upgrade over what the Jets had last year and some Jets fans and the media complain about it?

do they understand how stupid this sound?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember when we were ranked 32nd and 'experts' were even picking us to go 0-16 last year?

Stop listening to the media.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    look he's not calvin johnson and we paid a lot, but we desperately needed a starter and he was arguably the best receiver on the market. companies have to sell papers to make money, they'll always complain..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    Remember when we were ranked 32nd and 'experts' were even picking us to go 0-16 last year?

Stop listening to the media.
    Bingo.

Let the talking heads make idiots of themselves one again.

Decker will work out fine, especially once we add another WR in FA or high in the draft to form a top 4 of Decker, the new guy, Kerley and Hill with Nelson and maybe Salas for depth and STs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live in NH & have a lot friends that are Patriot fans. The realist ones see an aging QB, & an Oline that each year has been beset by injuries. An average defensive front & at least 5 games last year pulled out of their azz.
    Then there are the homers, calling me, texting me, rubbing it in that they have signed Revis & Browner.
    One realistic one told me, " sure I'm happy we signed Revis & Browner, but I have to say, seeing Wilfork cast aside, even though I know it's the right thing to do makes me feel like I have to take a shower"
    The Patriot way has been exposed since Welker was cast aside over 2 million dollars. It was exposed when they signed Haynesworth, now they sign a guy suspended for the 1st 4 games of the season. Last year Tampa couldn't wait to get Talib out of there & the Patriots were more than happy to bring in that azzhole.
    The media won't say it, I have no idea why, but the Patriot way is just a bunch of BS, touted by talking heads on the NFL network.
    Just the idea that grown men in the media are PLEADING for a player to go to a particular team smells of bias.
    F*ck the Pats, there is no way in hell you can put two soulless characters like Belichick & Revis together & win a Bowl.
    They will go down in flames again.