Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is Going on With Mark Sanchez - Jason, Over the Cap Article

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    That's because understanding the article requires having a clue, which these, days on the topic of Mark Sanchez, most are clueless about or too emotionally biased against him to understand that what the team is doing is exactly how they should be proceeding, they are handling the Sanchez situation perfectly, great article.
    Thank you. If you don't hate or like Sanchez, you can see it makes sense. Idzik is not a fan, and will do what's in the best interest of the team

Sanchez will be our starting QB at some point next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    That's because understanding the article requires having a clue, which these, days on the topic of Mark Sanchez, most are clueless about or too emotionally biased against him to understand that what the team is doing is exactly how they should be proceeding, they are handling the Sanchez situation perfectly, great article.
    Ray there is no fault to be placed. the jets are handling it right. Until the day it costs them a dollar to keep him on the roster, there is no reason for criticism, I only took exception to jason's reasoning that there was a reason to pay Sanchez 6mill dollars this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Sanchez had a team of near all pros when he "QB'd" the Jets to the AFCCG( two times). The minute more was asked of Mark, he developed happy feet and was a lot more inaccurate then normal and became the 32 ranked QB in the NFL. I think he also failed in the leadership department. I still see division in the locker room if we keep Sanchez. If this is one of REX's famed QB competitions and MARK is declared the winner and it is perceived to be unfair by the team I see potential for disaster. I hope I am wrong. I just think both Mark and the Jets need a fresh start!
    You are delusional. Please list the skill positions that were even top half of the league. Brad Smith, Cotchery, Keller, Jones, Edwards? They were all cast off or mid round picks. All pros? Jones went to one pro bowl in his career, Edwards was all pro, two years before he came to the Jets when Cleveland dumped him, Holmes was never all pro or pro bowl. The Jets did have a good oline until they replaced Woody with Hunter and screwed up the Faneca deal. Quite a coincidence that Sanchez's regression started with that, Edwards gone, and LT fading tot he sunset.

But yea, like you said it was all pros. Don't let facts get in the way. I mean Trent Dilfer was surrounded with all Pros in Baltimore also, doesn't matter the were on the defens and the offense completely sucked.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Good read, thanks for posting. McCown's the only vet FA I thought might be a good signing, would rather keep Sanchez with a restructured deal than sign Vick.

Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    he is not talking about athletes he's talking about QB's. Aside from a ridiculous amount of turnovers, which is correctable, Sanchez is probably a better QB. Vick is a stud athlete.
    I've taken dumps with more skill as a QB then Mark.

Jets Insider VIP
    +1 what the article does not factor in is the divisiveness SANCHEZ sitting on the bench or Geno sitting on the bench would bring to the Jets locker room. IMO the Jets would be wise to dump Sanchez as soon as they can if they truly believe in Geno. If they don't, get rid of geno and go with REX's darling. We need a united locker room for this young team to survive. United we stand; divided we fall. I'd go for Ryan Fitzpatrick over Sanchez for the Jets.
    So get rid of Sanchez even if he'd renegotiate to be the backup just because of some potential hurt feelings in the lockeroom? You think Kerley will run a slower route for one guy versus the other? You think D'Brick will block harder for one QB and not the other?

The idea that we should settle for a worse roster so that guys can be BFFs in the lockeroom is preposterous.

Darrelle Revis called Bill Belichick a jerk on national TV and then received $12M from the guy. You know why? Belichick values winning more than feelings.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 03-15-2014 at 12:51 PM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    This says everything we need to know about your credibility as an objective poster when it comes to Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by BRONX JET View Post
    Do not disagree.

I like Idzik. He is not a fan. He is a GM. That's what I get from the article. Do what is in the best interest of the team.
    This. Team first. Feelings and egos last.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    This says everything we need to know about your credibility as an objective poster when it comes to Sanchez.
    What credibility? He never had any.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Great article as always by Jason & appreciated the read.

I wanted Mike Vick signed the day he was eligible to come back to the NFL. Back then most here thought I was crazy wanting a "dog killer" on the NYJ roster but here we are years later & now his name is being thrown around as a potential vet back up QB in green & white. I say too little too late & pass on Vick.

As for keeping Sanchez around it's not the worst idea if he can be content as a clip board holder, he supportive of Smith as the #1 with Simms as the #2 and Jason had me LOL at the thought of fans screaming "Put in Sanchez" at a NYJ game should either of the other QB's start with the 3 & out pattern we are used to seeing on NFL Sundays.

JMHO. (-;

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    It is sooooo evident that john Idzik could give a rats ass about what the media, the fans, and maybe even his HC thinks about how to build a team. And I say that's how it should be. If keeping Mark makes sense for him, then that's what he'll do.

Personally, I think Sanchez could be the perfect guy to push Geno. He has proven to be a class act, will respect Geno, and guess what? If he has to play, he's played well before.

Geno can handle Mark's presence... and if he can't? We'll be in the market for a QB next year.
    Well said. Couldn't agree more.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Because REX is known to favor MARK SANCHEZ. He never had a legitimate QB competition in camp before. Why start now? That would tear this team apart!
    Rex favored Mark when he had no alternatives. There is no chance that he puts Mark in over Smith. Once there is no possible trade and his guaranteed money becomes due he will be released.

I can't believe there are actually fans here who think Sanchez is competition for Smith. If you won't ever get a start, you aren't competition.

Undrafted Free Agent
    If he restructures to a max of 4.5 m per year the snackchez is ok in my books. He might yet still have upside. But not a penny more.
    This is what this asset is worth and we have space to carry this developmental project. Gives us time to see Geno under less stress,

If I called the shots I would wait until the last possible day to threaten to cut him thus limiting his options in the smaller open market

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    So get rid of Sanchez even if he'd renegotiate to be the backup just because of some potential hurt feelings in the lockeroom? You think Kerley will run a slower route for one guy versus the other? You think D'Brick will block harder for one QB and not the other?

The idea that we should settle for a worse roster so that guys can be BFFs in the lockeroom is preposterous.

Darrelle Revis called Bill Belichick a jerk on national TV and then received $12M from the guy. You know why? Belichick values winning more than feelings.
    Where do you see anyone calling for a worse roster or guys being BFFs? Can I suggest remedial reading 101 or rewinding tapes for Sanchez' last two seasons. I want what I think is best for the team. We all see things differently!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    +1 a thousand times over!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Rex favored Mark when he had no alternatives. There is no chance that he puts Mark in over Smith. Once there is no possible trade and his guaranteed money becomes due he will be released.

I can't believe there are actually fans here who think Sanchez is competition for Smith. If you won't ever get a start, you aren't competition.
    You could have a point about them releasing him when the guaranteed money is due. I'd just hate for Rex to anoint Mark as he has done in the past. He coddled him to the point of no return. I'd not like to see Geno coddled but I'd hate top see him get the shaft !

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

You could have a point about them releasing him when the guaranteed money is due. I'd just hate for Rex to anoint Mark as he has done in the past. He coddled him to the point of no return. I'd not like to see Geno coddled but I'd hate top see him get the shaft !
    I agree but think we tend to look at what happened, add in the tried and true "he loves" him without realistically looking at what Rex was dealing with. Who did Rex have that was a better alternative to Sanchez? Clemens? Brunnel? Tebow? If the HC and team see in practice etc that Sanchez is the only real option at QB how can you have a competition that is anything but a PR move? Would Sanchez really feel any of these players was a real competitor? How could he not be handed the job without an alternative in the roster? I don't see where Rex had a choice other than to repeat that Sanchez was their best chance to win games. And taking the job away from his 4 year starter, a player who was with Rex every year as a HC and one who took his team to playoff success was dumped for a rookie 2nd round QB. There was no chance Sanchez was starting one game if he was healthy last season IMO. Even Sanchez fans admit he would have been replaced at some point if he somehow was named starter.

Hardly blind devotion.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I've read enough of your posts to confidently say that you're a f*cking idiot.

All League
    Just a great article by some one I trust, and knows his stuff.