Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emmanuel Sanders Has Foot Issues

All League

Emmanuel Sanders Has Foot Issues

That seems to be why he's having problems finding a deal:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...dical-concerns

Jets Insider VIP
    And I imagine Holmes' lisfranc injury is a factor in him finding a home as well. WR foot issues are never a good thing.

All League
    Wow and he's looking for a contract comparable to Golden Tates.....I don't see it happening, he'll probably have to take a short term "prove it" deal unless he is willing to sign for less than Tate.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Glad we got Decker. If I'm not mistaken Nicks also has foot injury history

Veteran
    To be fair, he played every game the last two seasons with screws in his foot. I don't see how this could be a huge issue.

I'd love for the Jets to sign him. He turns 27 in two days, so he could be part of the team for the next 3-4 years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PaPZ187 View Post
    Wow and he's looking for a contract comparable to Golden Tates.....I don't see it happening, he'll probably have to take a short term "prove it" deal unless he is willing to sign for less than Tate.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    On the other hand, the injury was in 2011. He played in 16 games in each of 2012 and 2013 and had a pretty decent year in 2013. I'm sure his agent is playing that angle.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post
    To be fair, he played every game the last two seasons with screws in his foot. I don't see how this could be a huge issue.

I'd love for the Jets to sign him. He turns 27 in two days, so he could be part of the team for the next 3-4 years.
    Beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    On the other hand, the injury was in 2011. He played in 16 games in each of 2012 and 2013 and had a pretty decent year in 2013. I'm sure his agent is playing that angle.
    He's not a dynamic player. He doesn't stretch the field or make big plays. Pass.

So we pass on Nicks and all we're left with James Jones, who will be garbage without Rodgers, and now Sanders has foot issues. Awesome.

Hope he just signs with the Bucs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    He's not a dynamic player. He doesn't stretch the field or make big plays. Pass.
    Agreed. I'm not advocating that the Jets sign him. I was just addressing his injury concerns.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    So we pass on Nicks and all we're left with James Jones, who will be garbage without Rodgers, and now Sanders has foot issues. Awesome.
    We still have the draft no?

I like Jeremy Kerley more than I like Emmanuel Saunders

Quote Originally Posted by Mario View Post

No thanks. We just had a former Steeler wr with foot issues. Never the same. Pass. I rather go with a young kid in the draft. Spend the remaining money in FA on defense and OL.

We still have the draft no?
    Mike Evans over Marquise Lee

PLEASE

Oh and we still don't have a tight end.

Agreed. I'm not advocating that the Jets sign him. I was just addressing his injury concerns.
    Which is kind of odd since his workout numbers were really impressive.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

It we don't sign another FA then I think we'll definitely be going WR at #18. It's a need and there'll be some talented options to choose from. It's too bad that Stephen Hill looks to be a bust, we'd have been in great shape if he had developed as expected.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mike Evans over Marquise Lee

PLEASE

Oh and we still don't have a tight end.
    So you just want to sign every top FA that's out there without any regard for the cap? Something that's plagued us for 2 years and has finally been fixed by a GM who just may know what he's doing? I

'll defer to Idzik until he proves otherwise.

So you just want to sign every top FA that's out there without any regard for the cap? Something that's plagued us for 2 years and has finally been fixed by a GM who just may know what he's doing? I

'll defer to Idzik until he proves otherwise.
    Nicks wouldn't have cost us more than 2 year deal. Do you see me advocating for Jarrius Byrd or Jared Allen. If we draft Lee over Evans OMFG.

Jets Insider VIP
    Nicks wouldn't have cost us more than 2 year deal. Do you see me advocating for Jarrius Byrd or Jared Allen. If we draft Lee over Evans OMFG.
    Do you think either will be there at our spot?

As for Nicks, we need a guy who can stretch the field, since Hill is obviously not working out. Nicks doesn't do that.