Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NY Giants have signed CB Walter Thurmond

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I have been down on us as much as anybody the past couple of years but I really felt that after last year that we would be able to compete for a division title this year. $40 million in cap space, 12 draft picks, continuity in the coaching staff, etc. So if you are right then that would be a disappointment to me.

Outside of Verner and Talib I think the CB deals have been reasonable. I applauded the Giacomini and Decker signings but I think we have really dropped the ball when it comes CBs and the interior OL. We could sign guys that don't break the bank. I don't like the idea of depending on rookies at those positions. This can all change in a hurry if we sign a CB soon but pretty soon the music is gonna stop and there will be nowhere for us to sit.
    Yes we could have signed guys who the fO doesn't think fit their system, who they don't want on this team so neurotic fans like you can stop whining about players you think should have been signed. That's how the team should be run, forget what the GM and HC want, sign someone so that fans are happy.

Of course if we signed Talib you would be whining that we could have signed Revis. If we signed Revis you would have whined how he is a POS and should have been ignored. If they sign players lyou would complain that they're trying to buy championships and it doesn't work. How many times over the past year have you whined that if they don't do X then Y will happen and it will be bad. Let's face facts, whatever they do fans like you find something to whine about.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I like your analogy of musical chairs. We right now have left the seat with one decent CB left, do you honestly think that DRCs agent doesn't know that the Jets missed the CB train?
    Now granted, Cro might come back & I'm sure he'll be healthier than last year but I was looking for an upgrade, maybe steal Grimes from the Fins?
    We sure as hell aren't getting DRC for a bargain rack price I can tell you that.
    I'm not being over critical at being slightly disappointed that we at this moment have no CB & probably will have 40 million to spend.
    I'm under no dillusions that we have the talent to win a Super Bowl, but I want to vie for a playoff spot! 4 years out of the playoffs would suck to be honest with you, especially with the parity in this league.
    Anyone who witnessed the Pats last year would be lying if they consider them unbeatable, for gods sakes Brady had a lot of bad games, they had numerous come from behind pull games out of their azzes wins, their trench play is average, Dline is below average, and I'd be shocked if Edelman can get through another season unscathed making a living 5 yards from the LOS.
    Chrebet was good at that too, until concussions took their toll.
    My feeling is we lost out in the cornerback frenzy & Idzik and the gang are regrouping in Florham Park.
    If we don't sign DRC? Who's left?
    If we draft for need again at 18 it will have to be a CB if Cro isn't brought back. So, for the 100 threads on here about what WR we are taking at 18, the discussion could soon shift to "Who's the best CB in the 2014 draft".
    It's not the end of the world as we should get 5 good players but it can't be BPA with a gaping hole at CB.
    If the Giants don't make a bigger offer than what the Jets may offer DRC, he is the one with the least leverage. jets would have other options, DRC would have none. Jets may be in trouble without him but they will play without him signing here. Without a deal DRC is sitting home.

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    If the Giants don't make a bigger offer than what the Jets may offer DRC, he is the one with the least leverage. jets would have other options, DRC would have none. Jets may be in trouble without him but they will play without him signing here. Without a deal DRC is sitting home.
    Who are these CBs left that your talking about? Not being facetious but really? The cupboard has been picked pretty clean with Ramon noodles being the only thing left.

This is depressing. Get up and do something, Idzik!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Who are these CBs left that your talking about? Not being facetious but really? The cupboard has been picked pretty clean with Ramon noodles being the only thing left.
    You missed the whole to whine about what you think is left. I said nothing about who is left other than to talk about DRCs leverage. Nice post

Rex always said Joe McKnight could play corner in the NFL. He is still available.

Quote Originally Posted by killu4what View Post
    Rex always said Joe McKnight could play corner in the NFL. He is still available.
    I never liked him but per Wikipedia, Joe McKnight is under contract with the Chiefs.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    I never liked him but per Wikipedia, Joe McKnight is under contract with the Chiefs.
    Now I am concerned!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    The Kansas CIty Chiefs have signed former New York Jets running back Joe McKnight to a reserve-future deal.
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...McMillian.html

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    The Kansas CIty Chiefs have signed former New York Jets running back Joe McKnight to a reserve-future deal.
    http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...McMillian.html
    Andy will not put up with fumbling.

All Pro
    We need to upgrade at least 6 positions. We can do that at a reasonable rate with our cap space, or we can sign 2 or 3 stupid splashy contracts. Then have scrubs or rookies fill in, not to mention having no depth. These whiners are like spoiled children.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    We need to upgrade at least 6 positions. We can do that at a reasonable rate with our cap space, or we can sign 2 or 3 stupid splashy contracts. Then have scrubs or rookies fill in, not to mention having no depth. These whiners are like spoiled children.
    6 on O.

Not that its a big factor as he wants as much money as possible, but just wanted to check what DRC has made in his career. Basically he has made $20 million over 6 years in the NFL.

It really is amazing he turned down that denver offer.

Giants know what they are doing,Idzik doesn't. Giants will be a contender next year.

Jets Insider VIP
    I have been down on us as much as anybody the past couple of years but I really felt that after last year that we would be able to compete for a division title this year. $40 million in cap space, 12 draft picks, continuity in the coaching staff, etc. So if you are right then that would be a disappointment to me.

Outside of Verner and Talib I think the CB deals have been reasonable. I applauded the Giacomini and Decker signings but I think we have really dropped the ball when it comes CBs and the interior OL. We could sign guys that don't break the bank. I don't like the idea of depending on rookies at those positions. This can all change in a hurry if we sign a CB soon but pretty soon the music is gonna stop and there will be nowhere for us to sit.
    Good post and understood. But divisions aren't won and lost in March. Media "experts" predicted a 4 win season last year and the Jets drafted 4 guys who started....Richardson, Geno, Bohanon, Milliner. While I'd be surprised if we start 4 rookies again, don't underestimate early contributions from rookies. It happens a lot in the NFL these days.

In addition to FA and the Draft, there are Summer cuts, there are trade possibilities, etc. so let's not panic.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonsta View Post
    Giants know what they are doing,Idzik doesn't. Giants will be a contender next year.
    Ecwff and my girlfriend model say 90% chance of mostly cloudy and the Giants sucking.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Ecwff and my girlfriend model say 90% chance of mostly cloudy and the Giants sucking.
    Coating - 2 inches of snow tomorrow.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    Yes we could have signed guys who the fO doesn't think fit their system, who they don't want on this team so neurotic fans like you can stop whining about players you think should have been signed. That's how the team should be run, forget what the GM and HC want, sign someone so that fans are happy.

Of course if we signed Talib you would be whining that we could have signed Revis. If we signed Revis you would have whined how he is a POS and should have been ignored. If they sign players lyou would complain that they're trying to buy championships and it doesn't work. How many times over the past year have you whined that if they don't do X then Y will happen and it will be bad. Let's face facts, whatever they do fans like you find something to whine about.
    Thanks for letting me know what goes on in my mind..

Since you clearly know everything inside my head perhaps you can help me with something. I misplaced my spare set of car keys last week. When you have a chance please delve into my mind and let me know where I put them. Thanks.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Thanks for letting me know what goes on in my mind..

Since you clearly know everything inside my head perhaps you can help me with something. I misplaced my spare set of car keys last week. When you have a chance please delve into my mind and let me know where I put them. Thanks.
    I've accurately described your posting style and mindset. You've earned your rep with a ton of posts in a short period of time. You are what you are, wear it

Thanks for adding that youre also an absent minded person who loses his keys for weeks on end.