View Poll Results: Do you believe in what Idzik is doing?

Voters
136. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    120 88.24%
  • No

    16 11.76%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 84

Thread: Do you believe???

  1. #1

    Do you believe???

    This is pretty simple... All I read on this forum anymore is a bunch of whiners. No actual content any more.

    But I want to put up this thread because I want you all to eat your words when we actually have a winning team this year. Seattle built their Superbowl team through drafts and trades. They got Percy Harvin through trade. How have you given up a week into free agency. As others have stated there are going to be further cap casualties and 12 draft picks in a very deep draft. Do you whiners even realize that seattle had starters that weren't drafted??? Did we not find snacks and douzable as UDFA?

    This is ridiculous so... I want you whiners to put your name to it and sign up here in march that you think that Idzik is horrible and we will be a worse franchise because of him...

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptable View Post
    This is pretty simple... All I read on this forum anymore is a bunch of whiners. No actual content any more.

    But I want to put up this thread because I want you all to eat your words when we actually have a winning team this year. Seattle built their Superbowl team through drafts and trades. They got Percy Harvin through trade. How have you given up a week into free agency. As others have stated there are going to be further cap casualties and 12 draft picks in a very deep draft. Do you whiners even realize that seattle had starters that weren't drafted??? Did we not find snacks and douzable as UDFA?

    This is ridiculous so... I want you whiners to put your name to it and sign up here in march that you think that Idzik is horrible and we will be a worse franchise because of him...
    Douzable while undrafted was on 3 other teams before the Jets.. But I'm 100% behind Idzik..

  3. #3
    I'm fine with what's going on. I'm excited about having a gm that likes to build through the draft and makes good picks as well. I'm also not under the assumption that in order to get good talent it must be taken in the first round of the draft either so we don't need to take specifically a wr or a cb at 18 in order to have a guy competing to start. I believe you can reasonably go to the third round and expect a guy to possibly start this season. 4th through 7th round players are more developmental and should be able to contribute on special teams.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,790
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptable View Post
    This is pretty simple... All I read on this forum anymore is a bunch of whiners. No actual content any more.

    But I want to put up this thread because I want you all to eat your words when we actually have a winning team this year. Seattle built their Superbowl team through drafts and trades. They got Percy Harvin through trade. How have you given up a week into free agency. As others have stated there are going to be further cap casualties and 12 draft picks in a very deep draft. Do you whiners even realize that seattle had starters that weren't drafted??? Did we not find snacks and douzable as UDFA?

    This is ridiculous so... I want you whiners to put your name to it and sign up here in march that you think that Idzik is horrible and we will be a worse franchise because of him...
    I am fine with how things are playing out currently. As to whether or not anyone "believes" is a bit much as there really isn't much in the way to believe as of yet.

    Also, the entire concept of this thread is also a bit whiny. Just sayin'...

  5. #5
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I am fine with how things are playing out currently. As to whether or not anyone "believes" is a bit much as there really isn't much in the way to believe as of yet.

    Also, the entire concept of this thread is also a bit whiny. Just sayin'...
    You can believe Idzik is taking the right approach so far nothing wrong there?? I don't understand the whiny bit unless you meant the OP was complaining about whiners in general??

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,853
    yeah, im fine with what has transpired so far. I believe its an overwhelming minority that think we have sucked it up so far in FA.

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,920
    This time last year I was concerned. But after FA and the draft I thought he did a great job (within his constraints)

    So I'd really rather answer this question in May. But based on previous results I have to say yes.

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,810
    I'm fine with making reasoned, pragmatic decisions. I have faith -- gotta see how it plays out.

  9. #9
    As I thought most of the posters in the other threads b#@$%ing about Idzik don't want to put their name on it. They just want to whine and complain that everyone is now better than us.

    If you think the pats are far better you haven't been paying attention. They lost talib and replaced him with revis ... With the way Talib played last year, only a slight upgrade. They signed Browner but he was average and replaced last year within Seattle, plus he misses the first 4 games. They lost Wilfork with a bad taste in his mouth... That's huge, there defense is half as good without him. They resigned edleman and signed lafell both could be good, but with the way Brady played in points last year you could see he is definitely declining. They have a ton of question marks. With little to no cap room left.

    We have a ton of cap room and a lot of areas to improve, take your time and do it right. I believe

  10. #10
    I'm in on Idzik, every GM has to do things their own way. It's also my experience that going against the "sky is falling" crowd around here, is usually the better way to go.

  11. #11
    One more thing... Do the people not remember that Howard (our big loss ) was a big liability 2 years ago. He turned into a replaceable average right tackle and now everyone acts like he is Winston or Vollmer in their prime... He was better than average last year... But by all metrics Breno played better. He is simply replaceable... So we did.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,539
    I support Idzik 100%. But I would've liked a CB and guard at this point. But let's see how it plays out

  13. #13
    Where are all the nay sayers?

  14. #14
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,250
    If you're referring solely to this free agent period, nope, I'm not. Would've liked Lamar Woodley, Sproles, McCown (if they release Sanchez), and would've re-signed Cromartie. Revis on a multi-year deal would've been huge addition.

    Overall on Idzik's performance since he's been here though, he's done a good job.

  15. #15
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeptable View Post
    This is pretty simple... All I read on this forum anymore is a bunch of whiners. No actual content any more.

    But I want to put up this thread because I want you all to eat your words when we actually have a winning team this year. Seattle built their Superbowl team through drafts and trades. They got Percy Harvin through trade. How have you given up a week into free agency. As others have stated there are going to be further cap casualties and 12 draft picks in a very deep draft. Do you whiners even realize that seattle had starters that weren't drafted??? Did we not find snacks and douzable as UDFA?

    This is ridiculous so... I want you whiners to put your name to it and sign up here in march that you think that Idzik is horrible and we will be a worse franchise because of him...
    Almost half the league is comprised of UDFA's. I have screamed from the hilltop that great stars are important but without solid play from rounds 5 and after, you go NO WHERE.

  16. #16
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,132
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    If you're referring solely to this free agent period, nope, I'm not. Would've liked Lamar Woodley, Sproles, McCown (if they release Sanchez), and would've re-signed Cromartie. Revis on a multi-year deal would've been huge addition.

    Overall on Idzik's performance since he's been here though, he's done a good job.
    Revis is impossible to work with long term Buzz.. As for the other players mentioned Woodley will be 30 this year. Sproles will be 31 in June and while I liked McCown I don't think Idzik wanted to pay 10 million for 2 years on a backup who may have unseated his hand picked QB.. Idzik wants to go young and build through the draft and will go the big FA when we are 1 player away down the road that's why Revis and the Pats made sense..

  17. #17
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,250
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Revis is impossible to work with long term Buzz.. As for the other players mentioned Woodley will be 30 this year. Sproles will be 31 in June and while I liked McCown I don't think Idzik wanted to pay 10 million for 2 years on a backup who may have unseated his hand picked QB.. Idzik wants to go young and build through the draft and will go the big FA when we are 1 player away down the road that's why Revis and the Pats made sense..
    You've got a point on Revis, but on the other players, they're on short-term deals: 2 years for Woodley and McCown, 1 year for Sproles, so there wouldn't be a situation where you're stuck w an aging player on a big, long-term deal. Idzik has an obligation to put the best possible team out there, and we're way under the cap.

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,124
    I'm all in.

    It's evident that Idziks approach is to be patient, don't overspend, and build through the draft. As much as I want to win a Super Bowl in a finger snap, his approach is better for sustainable success.

  19. #19
    What if we sign Asante on a cheap contract... Old but a stop gap to developing walls, Patrick or lankster. What if we sign mjd or Chris Johnson? And possibly a desean or James Jones... How would this be a failure... There is a lot still out there or will be and we have some of the most money.... What if this is the plan all along... Let everyone overspend, come in swoop through and nab the rest at reasonable value.

    This country has gotten out of control with the immediacy of everything our young culture has forgotten manners and patience.No wonder they ccan't live through a week where we only sign 2 new players and resign 4 others. Ridiculous

  20. #20
    Geez I sound like an old curmudgeon.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us