offer. I'll be surprised if the Midgets give him what he's
    probably looking for so we still may get him. And if not, there's
    no reason we can't fill our secondary needs in the draft. There
    are plenty of SEA type of CB's coming out this year

- My "caucasian brother" Decker has been the victim of reverse
    racism with some of the subtle jabs directed at him in the media
    and by some on the board. Because if he was black at 6-3 220 pounds
    with the same stats people wouldn't be saying "he can't beat press
    coverage", "he's not fast enough" and "he's a product of his QB".
    Tell me one WR who has had a big year with a QB who stunk, I can't
    think of any. Every WR is affected by the play of their QB, just
    look at Fitzgerald in AZ after Warner retired. If any thing Decker
    deserves props for the stats he put up when Tebow was QB in DEN.
    My biggest concern with him was he was going to want a "Holmes type
    of contract" but that isn't the case. He's a productive WR signed at a
    reasonable cost

Agreed, but the DRC offer from Denver wasn't as good as it seemed (way backloaded and would have only gotten him something like $12M in the first two years). At this point he is definitely the odd one out in the game of CB musical chairs. I like Stanley Sean Baptiste as a bigger CB in the mid round of the draft, but the bottom line is that this team's future will be dictated by what we do in the coming drafts, not FA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Agreed, but the DRC offer from Denver wasn't as good as it seemed (way backloaded and would have only gotten him something like $12M in the first two years). At this point he is definitely the odd one out in the game of CB musical chairs. I like Stanley Sean Baptiste as a bigger CB in the mid round of the draft, but the bottom line is that this team's future will be dictated by what we do in the coming drafts, not FA.
    I agree, but the dollars he declined are :
    But it’s also fair to say he didn’t really turn down six years and $54 million. He rejected one year for $10 million, or two years for $16 million or three years for $24 million.
    This is a good read on how Elway negotiates and structures contracts http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...d-facts/26687/

Assuming the Jets wanted DRC at a reasonable salary, I still get the feeling DRC will sign with the Jets. I don't believe the Giants will offer more, it is not their style.

Quote Originally Posted by OC_Jet View Post
    I agree, but the dollars he declined are :

This is a good read on how Elway negotiates and structures contracts http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...d-facts/26687/
    Interesting, I thought rapapport had posted something different but i don't remember and I can't really check right now. Thanks tho

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Assuming the Jets wanted DRC at a reasonable salary, I still get the feeling DRC will sign with the Jets. I don't believe the Giants will offer more, it is not their style.
    There have been so many twists and turns this offseason so far that idk what to believe. I do think that there's still a good chance we get DRC. Besides that, who knows...

Jets Insider VIP
    The worse part is the multitude of Jets's fans the really believe Idzik is clueless and not prepared for free agency. One week into the process and everyone is convinced he's inept. He has a plan, will follow it regardless of what we as fans are expecting him to do. The picture will be clear in few months - patience is a virtue. Unfortunately, patience is not something most here are willing to exhibit.

Jets Insider VIP
    The DRC offer from Den was basically a one-year, $10M deal.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TexJet View Post
    The worse part is the multitude of Jets's fans the really believe Idzik is clueless and not prepared for free agency. One week into the process and everyone is convinced he's inept. He has a plan, will follow it regardless of what we as fans are expecting him to do. The picture will be clear in few months - patience is a virtue. Unfortunately, patience is not something most here are willing to exhibit.
    Everyone?? Really? when I last looked the poll was 28-2 Pro Idzik..

Jets Insider VIP
    I'm happy with every signing Idzik has made.

I can't criticize deals he hasn't made because I simply don't know what was on the table.

I am definitely concerned about cornerback, but Idzik has a good track record so far. He has enough credibility at this point to be trusted until he fails. We have not failed yet.

All League
    Here's the link to Cromartie's offer from DEN

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...d-facts/26687/

Jets Insider VIP
    One week into the process and everyone is convinced he's inept.
    Are you....

1. Dumb (can't read the fact that 90% of people support Idzik right now)
    2. Lying (read it but can't face reality so you lie about it and spin reality to suit your purposes)

Pick one.

Jets Insider VIP
    What poll was that? You're kidding right - have you not been reading the threads and posted replies? 90% of it is directed at Idzik, need for Tannenbaum, or how clueless we appear during free agency! Don't need a poll to comprehend what's being written in most of these threads.

thank you, KRL, for always being a voice of clarity and reason on this forum. if only it was a little more contagious

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Here's the link to Cromartie's offer from DEN

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...d-facts/26687/
    Yup. See my earlier post.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

What poll was that? You're kidding right - have you not been reading the threads and posted replies? 90% of it is directed at Idzik, need for Tannenbaum, or how clueless we appear during free agency! Don't need a poll to comprehend what's being written in most of these threads.
    All the negative threads and posts come from the same group of numbnuts..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Are you....

1. Dumb (can't read the fact that 90% of people support Idzik right now)
    2. Lying (read it but can't face reality so you lie about it and spin reality to suit your purposes)

Pick one.
    Are you an absolute idiot? Are you lacking in comprehension skills? Read the posts and forget your poll.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    All the negative threads and posts come from the same group of numbnuts..
    Well Savage, then they are taking over the site! Cause that's all I'm reading about this morning.

Hall Of Fame
    Might also need a section for the whining about whining.

I think it is perfectly fine to question some moves. I don't see why everyone must agree with everything that is being done. You can like the guy and still not like one of his decisions. It does not have to be black and white all the time.

There is a stereotype for white skilled position players just like there is a stereotype for black QBs. It is what it is. I look forward to our white WR out-running and jumping DBs and our black QB beating defenses with his arm.

Jets Insider VIP
    Don't confuse the same 10 people screaming and posting over and over with the more quiet majority who are satisfied with the Jets measured approach to FA.