racism with some of the subtle jabs directed at him in the media
    and by some on the board. Because if he was black at 6-3 220 pounds
    with the same stats people wouldn't be saying "he can't beat press
    coverage", "he's not fast enough"
    and "he's a product of his QB".
    Tell me one WR who has had a big year with a QB who stunk, I can't
    think of any. Every WR is affected by the play of their QB, just
    look at Fitzgerald in AZ after Warner retired. If any thing Decker
    deserves props for the stats he put up when Tebow was QB in DEN.
    My biggest concern with him was he was going to want a "Holmes type
    of contract" but that isn't the case. He's a productive WR signed at a
    reasonable cost
    Good post, but the race card?

This isn't about the race - it's about reality. He was the 3rd and sometimes 4th option on a very good offense - and no one is saying he's not good, just that's he not a number 1, wasn't even a 2 on his last team and will have trouble when he draws more attention from other teams.

Even then most people are saying it was a good move as he was probably the best out there - just don't expect too much from him

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Might also need a section for the whining about whining.

I think it is perfectly fine to question some moves. I don't see why everyone must agree with everything that is being done. You can like the guy and still not like one of his decisions. It does not have to be black and white all the time.

There is a stereotype for white skilled position players just like there is a stereotype for black QBs. It is what it is. I look forward to our white WR out-running and jumping DBs and our black QB beating defenses with his arm.
    Or in your case, a section for whiners who whine about whiners and think they know it all, and have an answer for everything.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    And here's what I've learned:

- Sooth needs to create a "whiner" section that automatically
    redirects those twits as soon as they hit the site

- Rodgers-Cromartie (Ro-Cro only if he's a Jet) is experiencing
    the "pain of regret". He's probably ticked at himself and
    definitely blaming his agent for not taking the DEN deal. Now
    unless he goes to OAK he's going to have to accept a much lesser
    offer. I'll be surprised if the Midgets give him what he's
    probably looking for so we still may get him. And if not, there's
    no reason we can't fill our secondary needs in the draft. There
    are plenty of SEA type of CB's coming out this year

- My "caucasian brother" Decker has been the victim of reverse
    coverage", "he's not fast enough" and "he's a product of his QB".
    reasonable cost
    Agree with all of that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the link to Cromartie's offer from DEN

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...d-facts/26687/
    Good info. Far from how the media reported (reports) it. Thanks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's another funny point, if Idzik had come out spending like PHI did back in 2011 (Dream Team)
    you know all of the whiners would still be complaining saying:

"What are the Jets doing??? Are they trying to win the off-season championship??? We should build
    through the draft!!!"

There's no way to shut whiners up. They'll complain about anything

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's another funny point, if Idzik had come out spending like PHI did back in 2011 (Dream Team)
    you know all of the whiners would still be complaining saying:

"What are the Jets doing??? Are they trying to win the off-season championship??? We should build
    through the draft!!!"

There's no way to shut whiners up. They'll complain about anything
    To be fair, fans have been conditioned towards a certain expectation. Jets have in almost the past almost fifteen years been packing the FA peace pipe.

It creates drama, extends the season for fans to the hypothetical, it sets and negotiates expectations.

This new approach is a shock to the system for the fan.

And u know what? The Denver - Ne drama has created a noticeable, definite narrative going into the season, its kind of interesting to see this dynamic, this rearmament.

As for the jets - having dynamic contracts is not the same as having good- even dynamic - players. We have invested heavily in the secondary over the past decade. How many position groups have more draft first round draft choices than CB since Revis?

EDIT: and that's not even considering FA signings - Cro, which is in a tradition of CB signings - and team expectations - stretching back to Ty Law.
    Last edited by Darth Vader; 03-16-2014 at 03:09 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    See for yourself how many highly rated CB are in this draft:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/tracke...ition-input:cb
    Last edited by KRL; 03-16-2014 at 03:13 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Are you....

1. Dumb (can't read the fact that 90% of people support Idzik right now)
    2. Lying (read it but can't face reality so you lie about it and spin reality to suit your purposes)

Pick one.
    3. Dumb liar?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    If we want to judge Idzik let's wait until January 2015. If we go 6-10 then we have a right to BMC. If we go 10-6 then he's doing a good job. We got Decker for a good deal and he was probably the best WR out there even though he's really a #2 receiver. Howard was overpaid. We were never getting Revis. I wouldn't get DRC unless the price was right. I am a little worried about the CB and backup QB positions. I am assuming that Sanchez will be on the roster until we find a good #2 QB.

Either way who cares what happens now. Let's see how what he throws on the field does after 16 regular season games.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    See for yourself how many highly rated CB are in this draft:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/tracke...ition-input:cb
    Lots of guys with decent height too.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Might also need a section for the whining about whining.
    That was good.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The whiners on this board are nothing more than a vocal minority.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    AUSTIN COLLIE
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegi5894 View Post
    Agreed, but the DRC offer from Denver wasn't as good as it seemed (way backloaded and would have only gotten him something like $12M in the first two years). At this point he is definitely the odd one out in the game of CB musical chairs. I like Stanley Sean Baptiste as a bigger CB in the mid round of the draft, but the bottom line is that this team's future will be dictated by what we do in the coming drafts, not FA.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not part of the gimme DRC or gimme death parade - but we have not done an adequate job of addressing the secondary thus far. If we're hoping to use a bushel of rookies to solve that problem, we're dead in the water.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Assuming the Jets wanted DRC at a reasonable salary, I still get the feeling DRC will sign with the Jets. I don't believe the Giants will offer more, it is not their style.
    Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie takes physical with Giants
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Broncos CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie is spending the night in New York so he can undergo a physical Monday with the Giants, per source.

I hope this is not true!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    The irony of the whole thing is that when Tannenbaum was still here, everyone said we needed to be more like Pittsburgh or the Giants. Draft well, and be thrifty in free agency. Idzik comes in and has done exactly that (so far), and people are now complaining because he isn't pissing cap money away the way Tanny used to.

We needed an upgrade at receiver in the worst way. Idzik signs the best free agent receiver on the market to a very team-friendly deal.

He let Austin Howard go, because he wasn't going to overpay for a player that frankly is pretty replaceable. The guy turned into a solid player, but losing him is hardly the catastrophic loss that some on here are making it out to be. Giocomini is known to be a good run blocker with a mean streak. I like that in an O-lineman.

Finally let's really look at CB. Verner is a lousy fit in Rex's scheme. I think the reported interest in him was B.S. Vontae Davis is very inconsistent. He's not worth what Indy gave him (maybe their owner was high when he offered that contract? ) DRC is not worth the kind of money he's looking for. Cro is still out there, and loves playing for Rex. I'd rather bring him back on a 1-2 year deal than overpay for a guy that will become an albatross on our cap down the road.

Anyone who thought we were going on a spending spree in free agency was fooling themselves. Idzik has said that the draft would be our lifeline. So far he has stuck to his word.
    Last edited by TheColonel; 03-17-2014 at 09:23 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheColonel View Post
    The irony of the whole thing is that when Tannenbaum was still here, everyone said we needed to be more like Pittsburgh or the Giants. Draft well, and be thrifty in free agency. Idzik comes in and has done exactly that (so far), and people are now complaining because he isn't pissing cap money away the way Tanny used to.

We needed an upgrade at receiver in the worst way. Idzik signs the best free agent receiver on the market to a very team-friendly deal.

He let Austin Howard go, because he wasn't going to overpay for a player that frankly is pretty replaceable. The guy turned into a solid player, but losing him is hardly the catastrophic loss that some on here are making it out to be. Giocomini is known to be a good run blocker with a mean streak. I like that in an O-lineman.

Finally let's really look at CB. Verner is a lousy fit in Rex's scheme. I think the reported interest in him was B.S. Vontae Davis is very inconsistent. He's not worth what Indy gave him (maybe their owner was high when he offered that contract? ) DRC is not worth the kind of money he's looking for. Cro is still out there, and loves playing for Rex. I'd rather bring him back on a 1-2 year deal than overpay for a guy that will become an albatross on our cap down the road.

Anyone who thought we were going on a spending spree in free agency was fooling themselves. Idzik has said that the draft would be our lifeline. So far he has stuck to his word.
    Great post. I salute you, Colonel.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing with this is most people are agreeing with Idzik's position - just a few people - the "Vocal Minority" are screaming loudly. Just look to the poll that we created - There was over 90% of the votes in favor of Idzik's strategy so far.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Really accurate post. Most on here know Idzik is doing this the right way. Championships are not won in March, as a matter of fact they can be lost. You really cannot concern yourself with the others who would complain no matter which approach was used.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    And here's what I've learned:

- Sooth needs to create a "whiner" section that automatically
    redirects those twits as soon as they hit the site

- Rodgers-Cromartie (Ro-Cro only if he's a Jet) is experiencing
    the "pain of regret". He's probably ticked at himself and
    definitely blaming his agent for not taking the DEN deal. Now
    unless he goes to OAK he's going to have to accept a much lesser
    offer. I'll be surprised if the Midgets give him what he's
    probably looking for so we still may get him. And if not, there's
    no reason we can't fill our secondary needs in the draft. There
    are plenty of SEA type of CB's coming out this year

- My "caucasian brother" Decker has been the victim of reverse
    coverage", "he's not fast enough" and "he's a product of his QB".
    reasonable cost
    Honestly, Decker is a #2 WR who has never been productive without at least 1 WR (if not 2) who are more talented than him. I think a best case scenario for him this season is about 70 catches, 1000 yards. But it could easily be much worse.

As a fairly "reasonable" fan, you can't help but be concerned that the Jets have not picked up any of the top 10 CBs available. It's particularly strange that they didn't even make a move for a guy like Thurmond.