Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bridgewater blew his pro day

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    I have to agree, I'm a fan but he didn't look like he had enough arm to get the job done for certain outdoor teams. Bortles just had his pro-day and killed it. Jaws was on the espn radio tonight and said he thinks he will be the number 1 pick.

I see Manziel and Bridgewater sliding, maybe out of rd. 1 for both and possibly after Carr.
    If Jaws likes a qb coming out of college I've learned that that's a big red flag.

I'll take Bortles gf however.

Pro days don't mean squat. He showed what he can do during games, he's definitely the best QB prospect.

Some team is going to talk themselves into Bortles ahead of Bridgewater based entirely on stuff that happened after the college football season ENDED, and they're going to regret it in a few years. GMs regularly get fired in this league and most are horrible talent evaluators, don't assume because one guy gets drafted in front of another that it was a wise or even prudent decision. Remember, the Bills were dumb enough to take an athlete playing QB at #15 last season instead of taking the natural passer that fell to us. Bad franchises do stupid things, expect more of that in this draft

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Pro days don't mean squat. He showed what he can do during games, he's definitely the best QB prospect.

Some team is going to talk themselves into Bortles ahead of Bridgewater based entirely on stuff that happened after the college football season ENDED, and they're going to regret it in a few years. GMs regularly get fired in this league and most are horrible talent evaluators, don't assume because one guy gets drafted in front of another that it was a wise or even prudent decision. Remember, the Bills were dumb enough to take an athlete playing QB at #15 last season instead of taking the natural passer that fell to us. Bad franchises do stupid things, expect more of that in this draft
    Disagree with this. I do not think you can necessarily improve your draft position a lot if at all with a good pro day. However, if you are in shorts, with no defenses to read, no rush and throwing to receivers that you are really familiar with--essentially playing catch and cannot perform it can hurt you. If you cannot perform in that environment, it raises the concern you will not be able to perform in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Disagree with this. I do not think you can necessarily improve your draft position a lot if at all with a good pro day. However, if you are in shorts, with no defenses to read, no rush and throwing to receivers that you are really familiar with--essentially playing catch and cannot perform it can hurt you. If you cannot perform in that environment, it raises the concern you will not be able to perform in the NFL.
    Jamarcus Russel went from unknown to the number ONE pick after his strong pro day. Of course you can improve your draft position from a good pro day.

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Jamarcus Russel went from unknown to the number ONE pick after his strong pro day. Of course you can improve your draft position from a good pro day.
    That's just false.

All League
    If Teddy Bridgewater was white, he'd be called A.J. McCarron.

If Bridgewater falls to 18 the Jets almost have to take him as BPA (no way he should make it into round 2)

or get a extra 2nd+ round pick to trade down

According to STATS Ice, Teddy Bridgewater's 11.9 percent "off-target" throw rate in 2013 was the best among this year's top-rated signal callers.

Among Bridgewater's 427 attempts, he was charged with just seven underthrows, 12 "wide" throws, and 32 overthrows. Johnny Manziel had the worst "off target" rate at 14.9 percent. Zach Mettenberger's 12.2 percent came in second behind Bridgewater. Blake Bortles and Tajh Boyd tied for third at 12.6 percent.

Source: John Pollard Stats
    Interesting that Mettenberger is up there. Those other guys are all talked up way more than this kid - who I think will be a good pick if someone gets him in the later rounds. I keep reading positive things about him.

Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Someone doesn't follow college football even on the casual level.