Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boston fire 2 doors down from Tom Brady's apartment

Veteran

Boston fire 2 doors down from Tom Brady's apartment

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Images

Jets Insider VIP

"I can't express my gratitude and thanks enough to all the first responders and people that were there fighting that fire all night last night," Brady said in an interview Thursday morning on Boston radio station WEEI. "I had a firsthand view of all the action and was just blown away by the bravery, the teamwork that they displayed."

"I feel so badly for the families of the two firefighters that were lost and obviously all the men that were fighting that fire yesterday losing their close friends," Brady said.

"We as athletes think we're heroes, but when you witness firsthand what we saw yesterday, you realize who the real heroes are in this world. It's the people that work hard to protect our lives and protect our safety ... certainly the firefighters and Boston police and the state troopers. I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart."

"At one point, I saw a pretty big explosion of flames and a lot of the firemen were coming out of the building, and that's when I really got nervous," Brady said. "Our lives were never in jeopardy at all thanks to those brave men fighting that fire for us.

"It was a very intense day of weather and wind. You just can't imagine all those things that really happened, how quickly those things can get out of control. I have a newfound respect for nature and what it's all about, and under those conditions for those men to try to put out the fire in freezing conditions and all the different elements they had to deal with. There's no way to prepare for things like that."

"Those firemen, they're in our thoughts and prayers all day," Brady said. "Without them it could have been a very tragic day for not only the houses in the neighborhood but the lives of the people they kept safe."

"We as athletes think we're heroes..."
    What a douchebag

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    What a douchebag

Totally taken out of context just to call the guy a douchebag.
    He's a douchebag for a lot of reasons, but this quote isn't one of those times.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post

ALso someone please photoshop a smoldering pile of charred dildos next to Tom.

thankee

Quote Originally Posted by giddy up View Post
    Please tell me that's a misquote. For an athlete to say he thinks he's a hero is truly despicable.
    misquote != out of context

Maybe the words were awkward but the sentiment is clear. Two firefighters lost their lives and that's what is important?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Speak for yourself. How the **** is an athlete considered a hero by anybody? That's the dumbest thing this douche could have ever said. Even worse, nobody thinks of them as heroes, THEY do. According to him. And he thinks he speaks for everybody. Just a huge douchebag like I said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All League
    Speak for yourself. How the **** is an athlete considered a hero by anybody? That's the dumbest thing this douche could have ever said. Even worse, nobody thinks of them as heroes, THEY do. According to him. And he thinks he speaks for everybody. Just a huge douchebag like I said.

he's pretty much saying that athletes are not hero's, even some think they are.

Can't believe some of the responses in this thread, as a firefighter myself and somebody who has personally met many of the members of Engine 33 and Ladder 15, the station that these brothers lost their life from, I find it very insulting that some would use anything to insult a member of a rival sports team, when he goes out of the way to show respect for LT Walsh and FF Kennedy.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    Can't believe some of the responses in this thread, as a firefighter myself and somebody who has personally met many of the members of Engine 33 and Ladder 15, the station that these brothers lost their life from, I find it very insulting that some would use anything to insult a member of a rival sports team, when he goes out of the way to show respect for LT Walsh and FF Kennedy.
    Co-sign to both. I'm all for ripping Brady for good reasons or bad but this really isn't the time. The guy is expressing sympathy to the fallen fire fighters and admiration for fire fighters in general. JMO, but its bad form to twist what he's saying simply because he's Tom Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by loluchka80 View Post
    he's pretty much saying that athletes are not hero's, even some think they are.
    Of course they're not heroes! That's the point! It takes an incredible douchebag like Brady to still suggest that athletes think they are heroes. And again, he thinks he speaks for everybody when he's speaking for himself really. I don't think Mo considers himself a hero. Nobody would have said that but that's what makes Brady such a douche

I have nothing but respect for Brady, even though I can't stand him. Probably similar how Red Sox fans feel about Rivera or Jeter. We can only dream of having a QB with his talent and will to win.

You knew there would be one "that guy" in the thread.

The hero comment is kind of douchey... Generally respect Brady though. Good guys can still make douchey comments however.

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

The point is that real heroes lost their lives and this jackass says he sees himself as a hero. He's nothing. He plays games for a living. It's an insult to firefighters to even act like what he does is heroic.

Again, I'm giving Brady the benefit that this is a misquote. If not, then he's despicable. Why would you ever say such a thing?

RIP to the fireman who lost their lives.
    what he is saying is that sports stars aren't heroes, firefighters are heroes.

I'm not sure what you're saying here.

The point is that real heroes lost their lives and this jackass says he sees himself as a hero. He's nothing. He plays games for a living. It's an insult to firefighters to even act like what he does is heroic.

Again, I'm giving Brady the benefit that this is a misquote. If not, then he's despicable.
    What is more likely that he's using this as an opportunity to call himself a hero or that his words didn't come out the way he wanted? Is this really debate worthy? Is it really questionable? Sorry, I don't have anything more to add. I think the focus shouldn't be on Brady whether he (inconceivably) wanted to call himself a hero or not.

Mods please dump this thread.

Its just sad.

First off, what he is saying is that Athletes are not heroes, and these brave fire fighters are the real heroes. So jump on him how he said it all you want, but you could not be more wrong.

And 2nd, you do not think society considers athletes heroes? They are always considered heroes. Marketing campaigns are made around the hero worship athletes have. They are probably the most put up on a pedestal people in the entire population. The whole world considers athletes heroes, for right or wrong. That is just the way it is. I personally do not, I enjoy watching great athletes perform, and cheer for my team, but you are kidding yourself, if you do not think the vast majority of Americans think of Athletes as heroes.