Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vick to Visit Jets **merged Vick**

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Vick to Visit Jets **merged Vick**

Not happy about this....
    http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...york_jets.html

Even though Michael Vick is the top free-agent quarterback on the market, things have been pretty quiet for him since free agency started last week.

That's about to change.

Vick is planning on visiting the Jets this weekend, a source close to the situation has told NJ.com. This will be Vick's first official visit, and could be his last if all goes well. And the pressure could be on the Jets to land a free agent, given a methodical and fruitless approach that has left fans impatient and critical of general manager John Idzik -- while the Giants have been on a shopping spree.

Vick is looking for a starting job, but the Jets -- while they won't declare the quarterback situation settled -- seem committed to second-year Geno Smith.

Even if Vick is not handed the starting job, he probably believes he could beat out Smith in an open competition. Although Vick ended up losing his job due to injury, he beat out Nick Foles last season, playing some of the best football of his career in the preseason. Foles, once he had the job, never surrendered it.

Vick's visit to the Jets (or ensuing visits elsewhere) could be bad news for the Eagles, because the team does not have a clear option at backup quarterback, although the chances of Vick returning were slim.

Follow Eliot Shorr-Parks on Twitter at @EliotShorrParks

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Vick to Visit Jets

Doesn't bother me one bit. Perfect kinda signing. Capable starting QB that can be a backup for smith.

For this dissing it Matt Simms and Brunnell have been the past 2 backup QBs.. Vick is better than both by far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Scoop24; 03-19-2014 at 09:07 AM.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    YUCKKK!!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    There will be 500 posts in this thread, and not a single mind will be changed about Vick (pro or con). But it should be good reading.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really don't want Vick here. I'd prefer they restructure or cut/sign Sanchez.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next year's QB depth chart

1. Matt Simms
    2. Mark Sanchez
    3. Michael Vick
    4. Geno Smith

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He tortured and killed dogs. He is a creepy scummer. I dont care if he is joe montana he should have been banned for life by the nfl.

If i see anyone with a vick jersey at a game, im going to have to get a new beer

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Vick to Visit Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    I really don't want Vick here. I'd prefer they restructure or cut/sign Sanchez.
    Sanchez is in his prime .. I'm pretty sure he wants a chance to start. Not sure why he would come back here once he is released.. When Oakland would love to give him that shot

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do NOT want.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Not happy about this....
    http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...york_jets.html

Even though Michael Vick is the top free-agent quarterback on the market, things have been pretty quiet for him since free agency started last week.

That's about to change.

Vick is planning on visiting the Jets this weekend, a source close to the situation has told NJ.com. This will be Vick's first official visit, and could be his last if all goes well. And the pressure could be on the Jets to land a free agent, given a methodical and fruitless approach that has left fans impatient and critical of general manager John Idzik -- while the Giants have been on a shopping spree.

Vick is looking for a starting job, but the Jets -- while they won't declare the quarterback situation settled -- seem committed to second-year Geno Smith.

Even if Vick is not handed the starting job, he probably believes he could beat out Smith in an open competition. Although Vick ended up losing his job due to injury, he beat out Nick Foles last season, playing some of the best football of his career in the preseason. Foles, once he had the job, never surrendered it.

Vick's visit to the Jets (or ensuing visits elsewhere) could be bad news for the Eagles, because the team does not have a clear option at backup quarterback, although the chances of Vick returning were slim.

Follow Eliot Shorr-Parks on Twitter at @EliotShorrParks
    Headline-grabbing controversial figure ✔︎
    Past his prime ✔︎
    ...and...
    "[played] some of the best football of his career in the preseason"?! ✔︎
    That has NY Jets written all over it. Welcome to New York Mike!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    He tortured and killed dogs. He is a creepy scummer. I dont care if he is joe montana he should have been banned for life by the nfl.

If i see anyone with a vick jersey at a game, im going to have to get a new beer
    Whenever I hear people say this I always wonder if they have any idea how a chicken gets from that egg to their plates. They are tortured and killed by the millions but nobody's hunting down farmers :-)

Anyway, yes Vick's QB skills have eroded and I am a Geno supporter but of the backs ups that are available and of the ones we have had the last few years Vick is the BEST option available....including those who think the Sanchise should be considered.

Like him or not personally that is a FACT. I want my team to finally take some steps to improve our chances of winning this year. Vick is a good locker room guy, never balked in the past in the event he was relegated to a back up position and his skill set is similar to Geno's.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I assume you will get a hot dog with that beer. A hot dog made from a cow that was tortured and killed (look up videos on how cows are treated prior to death).

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by James Hasty View Post
    Next year's QB depth chart

1. Matt Simms
    2. Mark Sanchez
    3. Michael Vick
    4. Geno Smith
    reverse it.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I pray I am the one that you dump the beer on. I am pretty sure they don't allow you to drink beer when you have a colostomy bag the rest of your life.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh... here we go. I would hate to have Idzik sign Vick and it has NOTHING to do with dogs and EVERYTHING to do with his crappy, injury prone play on the field

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRy923 View Post
    Ugh... here we go. I would hate to have Idzik sign Vick and it has NOTHING to do with dogs and EVERYTHING to do with his crappy, injury prone play on the field
    But he's a backup quarterback. THAT'S THE IDEA.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    There will be 500 posts in this thread, and not a single mind will be changed about Vick (pro or con). But it should be good reading.
    You're right.

Because unlike most players, Vick brings baggage at isn't about football.

Mike Vick makes the Jets better. I don't want to be better if it requires Mike Vick.

Some things (for me) go beyond my love of the Jets. What Vick did is one of those things, and I will never, ever, support him or the team he plays for.

Even if it's my beloved Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lmao here's goes PETA stuff.. Had feeling this couldn't be kept to just football..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If there were any justice in the world, he'd end up in CLE playing in the dawg pound. That first game would make for some great TV.