Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JI Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Jets Insider VIP

JI Mock Draft Discussion Thread

It is less than 3 hours until draft time. Here is where we can discuss the picks made.. Good luck to everyone.

Jets Insider VIP
    Can a Mod please Sticky this?

Undrafted Free Agent
    Picked up the first Draft magazine I've seen appear this year at the airport the other day - "Lindy's Sports Pro Football Draft." I live for this stuff. In their mock, they have the Jets picking Marqise Lee in Round 1, and Carlos Hyde in Round 2.

New GM of the Philadelphia Eagles "Beerfish McScroggins" has put the word out that he is willing to perhaps trade the Eagles 1st round pick. He will be tossing out possible offers to other gms via pm.

Jets Insider VIP
    I will be criticizing all of you

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Can a Mod please Sticky this?
    Apparently the mods are too busy stickying threads in the hotties forum right now. They should be along soon.

All Pro
    Sorry for the delay boys... internet was all fcky, and then i had a case of "wait a minute..." I scrapped my selection in lieu of who I'd want (over who i think they'll take)
    Last edited by Paradis; 03-21-2014 at 01:42 PM.

Interesting first two picks. We are on our way!

Jets Insider VIP
    So much for the speculation of the Texans not drafting a QB. All a smokescreen.

All Pro
    Good pick for STL. I know tackle is the popular theory, but Watkins makes sense on so many levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    New GM of the Philadelphia Eagles "Beerfish McScroggins" has put the word out that he is willing to perhaps trade the Eagles 1st round pick. He will be tossing out possible offers to other gms via pm.
    If you're wanting to trade up I'll probably be looking to trade back. I'm the Bears so anyone who wants to move up to 14 let me know.

All Pro
    Over 2 days in and only 6 picks. At this rate it will take us almost two weeks just to finish the 1st Round. C'mon guys, if you signed up for the draft, please check the JI Draft thread frequently so we can get this thing moving.

Jets Insider VIP
    Interesting. Will we see 3 Texas A&M Prospects go in the Top 10?

Jets Insider VIP
    I updated the SIG, listing the user names assigned to each team. So please remember to do the common courtesy of PMing the next team after making your pick

Jets Insider VIP
    To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't want the Jets to trade up for Evans. The draft is so deep.... I really did it, because there have been no trades here yet, and I wanted to shake things up.

All Pro
    I wonder...if the real draft fell this way, would the Jets fans in the room start chanting for Bortles right around now? Might not be the smart pick but it sure would be tempting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    I wonder...if the real draft fell this way, would the Jets fans in the room start chanting for Bortles right around now? Might not be the smart pick but it sure would be tempting.
    Can't believe Manziel went before him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Can't believe Manziel went before him.
    Manziel is the new Tebow. Some people are projecting his college success into the NFL without regard for objectivity. I wouldn't lend long-term money to the NFL GM who takes him in the first round.

Now contemplate this scenario in real life. The Jets move up to grab Evans. And Bortles is available at their original pick. The lamentations of the Jet fans will be loud.
    Last edited by nycdan; 03-24-2014 at 11:15 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Manziel is the new Tebow. Some people are projecting his college success into the NFL without regard for objectivity. I wouldn't lend long-term money to the NFL GM who takes him in the first round.

Now contemplate this scenario in real life. The Jets move up to grab Evans. And Bortles is available at their original pick. The lamentations of the Jet fans will be loud.
    Why? Bortles has high upside, but he wasn't really graded any higher than Geno was last year. I think the Jet fan's that would be upset are in the minority.

I'm no expert, but the highlight videos I have seen of Bortles are among the least impressive of any highly-touted QB I have ever seen. He has that JAG look. I wouldn't touch the guy in the first round, let alone #1 overall like McShay has suggested.