Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Vick is a Jet (MERGED)

Michael Vick is a Jet (MERGED)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artner=ya5nbcs

Report: Vick wants No. 7 in New York
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 21, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
    Seven Getty Images

That three-ring circus in New York could become a seven-ring fiasco, if a report from TMZ regarding quarterback Mike Vick is true.

Per TMZ, via NJ.com, Vick wants to wear No. 7 if he signs with the Jets. But that number already has been assigned to quarterback Geno Smith.

While not a deal-breaker, it reportedly will be a “big issue” for Vick. If so, that’s more than a little silly, from Vick’s perspective. With precious few opportunities to win an NFL starting job, he shouldn’t care whether he wears 7, 5, 9, 99, or 24601.

Vick has worn No. 7 throughout his NFL and college career. And while an easy solution could be for Smith to switch to his own college jersey, he wore No. 12 at West Virginia. The Jets have retired that number, for Joe Namath.

If there’s anything to this, it’s likely a ploy by Vick to get a better offer from the Jets. Surely, he doesn’t want to walk through the door as the guy who took Smith’s jersey and then embarked on taking his job. Vick, at this stage of his career, surely would be content to simply take Smith’s job.

UPDATE 2:29 p.m. ET: In response to the TMZ report, a source close to Vick says that wearing No. 7 is the “last thing on his mind.”

And the circus begins. Enjoy pro-Vick Jets fans!

And some people think Sanchez will cause locker room problems..

I'd give him 00, just because.

Otherwise find another team.

All League
    I think number 24601 would be pretty cool, but would Vick get the Les Mis reference?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaJet View Post
    TMZ is actually reporting on the Jets now thanks to Mike Vick. And to think all these "Youre stupid we need Vick as our backup" Jets fans actually think this won't be inciting another Tim Tebow mega-circus. LMFAO what world do they live in?

Cannot believe that the Jets would go for this. (I know it's player to player but if they knew this was part of the package they would not give Vick a thought.) Remember how Idzik talked about character.

IF this is true, I'll bet we see Sanchez on the team on Tuesday.

I hope Idzik is who I really think he is. The first red flag should cause idzik to back away. This is it, if true. We just shed the whole circus persona. I'm really holding on to hope here.........

THE REPORT WAS REFUTED. Calm down everyone

Vick is not a leader!! I don't want this POS mentoring Geno!!

Waterboy
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    THE REPORT WAS REFUTED. Calm down everyone
    Yep.

Apparently the #7 is the last thing on his mind!

LOL, media people going to TMZ to get their reports now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    LOL, media people going to TMZ to get their reports now.
    Get used to it after we sign Mike Vick. NY Jets, Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian on TMZ, E News and GMA just about every friggin day.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Get used to it after we sign Mike Vick. NY Jets, Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian on TMZ, E News and GMA just about every friggin day.
    IF we sign Vick

So you are the type of person that believes everything the hack media spits out at you. Good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by TebowCan'tThrow View Post
    Vick is not a leader!! I don't want this POS mentoring Geno!!

Please explain to all of us, based on your apparent vast football knowledge, how Vick inhibited the growth of Nick Foles. I am eagerly awaiting your response...

If he needs to wear 7 than the Jets are not an option, so it's settled -
    Vick won't be a Jet. Someone call Rex and Mr. I.

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Please explain to all of us, based on your apparent vast football knowledge, how Vick inhibited the growth of Nick Foles. I am eagerly awaiting your response...
    Vick sucked and Foles took over. Foles had 27 tds to 2 ints playing in the same offense that Vick had 5tds and 3ints - and his numbers are inflated because he was facing an Arena League Washington Redskins defense week 1 that couldn't stop Ryan Leaf. I swear most of you guys have not seen the dog killer play since 2010.

Jets Insider VIP
    Maybe he can wear this number...

33765-183

That's the number he wore at Leavenworth.

TO ALL THE VICK HATERS, THE STORY WAS FABRICATED....ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE ANTI VICK. GOD HAS KILLED MILLIONS OF PEOPLE IN HIS NAME. I THINK YOU CAN FORGIVE VICK FOR FUNDING DOG FIGHTING ON HIS PROPERTY. IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, THEN GO ROOT FOR THE PATS OR GIANTS. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH ALREADY...JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!