Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Vick is a Jet (MERGED)

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but Jet fans whining about their QB isn't new. Try again.

Lol

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Aero View Post
    And this week's discovery of primordial gravitational waves, which is only explained through the big bang, what're your thoughts?

I only ask because in a world where science dominates everything and continues to prove fundamentalists wrong, how do you keep that illogical belief? Faith in the supernatural and mythology can only go so far without evidence. and seeing how the Bible was written a few hundred years after the birth of Christ I put its validity in question
    but in answer to your question first I don't separate science and GOD why people do I do not understand

2nd I believe GOD uses science to teach us the wonders of his creation.

3rd I don't need a piece of evidence to prove their is a GOD...........your talking about the creator of the universe so I fully believe he can do things that even science can't explain.

my mind can not fathom the mind of a GOD it's to bad humans with their flawed mind think that just because their is no scientific evidence then they dismiss the thought of one.

to many people think they are smarter than GOD and you wonder why alot don't believe.

they can conceive the possibility of ufo's and comic hero's but GOD no way can't be possible we have no evidence.

the truth is evidence is all around your just not looking for the right evidence or dismissing it as other things like science.

Enough with the religious discussions. Need to discuss why Mike Vick to Stephen Hill = 9-7 = Super Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    but in answer to your question first I don't separate science and GOD why people do I do not understand

2nd I believe GOD uses science to teach us the wonders of his creation.

3rd I don't need a piece of evidence to prove their is a GOD...........your talking about the creator of the universe so I fully believe he can do things that even science can't explain.

my mind can not fathom the mind of a GOD it's to bad humans with their flawed mind think that just because their is no scientific evidence then they dismiss the thought of one.

to many people think they are smarter than GOD and you wonder why alot don't believe.

they can conceive the possibility of ufo's and comic hero's but GOD no way can't be possible we have no evidence.

the truth is evidence is all around your just not looking for the right evidence or dismissing it as other things like science.
    Oh for f*ck's sake. Enough with you, and your f*cking religion. This is a football board. Spew that horsesh!t elsewhere.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheColonel View Post
    Oh for f*ck's sake. Enough with you, and your f*cking religion. This is a football board. Spew that horsesh!t elsewhere.
    free speech and i was answering a question..............want a dictatorship move to korea

free speech and i was answering a question..............want a dictatorship move to korea
    This is a privately owned message board. Free speech doesn't apply here.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Same bs said about the Tebow trade.

"Oh its just the media and jets fans. No real circus in the team"

Big difference..... Tebow wasn't a viable starter, or backup..... he was simply a "name". As a purely "football move", the Jets signed the best FA QB on the market. The media isn't calling it a "circus", because it isn't..... just a smart football move. Unoriginal fans, needing something to whine about, call it a circus.

Why the pictures of Brady and Manning, with the Lombardi trophy? Should the Jets have gotten one of them, as a backup? You could have put a pic of Big Ben, holding a trophy..... of course, he's a rapist, but there's no "circus" there..... ONLY the Jets, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Have you read his book?
    Why would any non Eagles/Vick fan read his book?

I've heard him comment on it, they were living in the suburbs, he was surrounded by people doing these things, thugs, criminals day in day out that dog fighting became normal to him, he grew up with it. Everyone did it, nobody got arrested. He knew that technically it was illegal I'm sure but no more than me or you knowing downloading a movie is illegal. Kids grow up doing it, everyone around them does it, nothing is being done about it so they feel like it's ok to do it even though everyone knows it's illegal. I'm just comparing habits here, obviously the dogfighting is on another level. But it's really the same with everything. No matter where kids grow up, they will get used to what happens in their neighborhoods and surroundings. Whether it's drugs, murders or any other crimes. Or if you don't get exposed to that type of stuff at all. Then suddenly you see somebody get shot for the first time and you freak out. Other kids that see this stuff every other week get used to it over a period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxman View Post
    Big difference..... Tebow wasn't a viable starter, or backup..... he was simply a "name". As a purely "football move", the Jets signed the best FA QB on the market. The media isn't calling it a "circus", because it isn't..... just a smart football move. Unoriginal fans, needing something to whine about, call it a circus.

Why the pictures of Brady and Manning, with the Lombardi trophy? Should the Jets have gotten one of them, as a backup? You could have put a pic of Big Ben, holding a trophy..... of course, he's a rapist, but there's no "circus" there..... ONLY the Jets, right?
    That was Kerry Rhodes sacking and forcing Vick to fumble in the last pic. Can't sign him. Too controversial. He might have s*cked a c*ck. But we can sign the dog mass murderer.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by TheColonel View Post
    This is a privately owned message board. Free speech doesn't apply here.
    sorry thought sooth was the owner..........................oh wait he is

Rookie
    That was Kerry Rhodes sacking and forcing Vick to fumble in the last pic. Can't sign him. Too controversial. He might have s*cked a c*ck. But we can sign the dog mass murderer.
    Really? Rhodes is too controversial to sign? When did the Jets say that? Rhodes was out of football, last year.... why WOULD they sign him? Rhodes was not, and is not, the best FA safety out there..... Vick WAS the best FA QB, with knowledge of the system..... THAT'S why he was signed. It's a stretch, at best, to try and find a correlation between the two.

The "circus", conspiracies, and the drama, ALL come from the FANS.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Really? Rhodes is too controversial to sign? When did the Jets say that? Rhodes was out of football, last year.... why WOULD they sign him? Rhodes was not, and is not, the best FA safety out there..... Vick WAS the best FA QB, with knowledge of the system..... THAT'S why he was signed. It's a stretch, at best, to try and find a correlation between the two.

The "circus", conspiracies, and the drama, ALL come from the FANS.
    Like I said every circus needs it's clowns aka certain Jet fans..

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Like I said every circus needs it's clowns aka certain Jet fans..
    +1. I should probably stop trying to use LOGIC, to talk SENSE into people..... some fans will never get it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Let me know when everyone has it out of their system. I've been ready since 5 minutes after they signed Vick to move forward and accept him as a guy who can help this team and particularly, help Geno. A one-year, $5M deal for a 34 yr old QB who has a lot less football in front of him than behind him shouldn't concern anyone unless they think Vick can't be a backup (he can) or a good mentor and supporter for Geno (he was for Foles and will be here). We're not building around this guy, he's an insurance policy who can be a player-coach in Marty's system....just one more guy who helps Geno put the pieces together and take another step in this system.

Put away the clown noses and funny sounding horns, it's time to start thinking and talking about how this offense is beginning to shape up for 2014.
    Last edited by jetstream23; 03-23-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Well, actually, that doesn't apply to a privately owned business and message board. Deegs could go full on Fuhrer and you'd have to follow his rules.

Your god needs to teach you english.

Quote Originally Posted by DaBallhawk View Post
    Why would any non Eagles/Vick fan read his book?

I've heard him comment on it, they were living in the suburbs, he was surrounded by people doing these things, thugs, criminals day in day out that dog fighting became normal to him, he grew up with it. Everyone did it, nobody got arrested. He knew that technically it was illegal I'm sure but no more than me or you knowing downloading a movie is illegal. Kids grow up doing it, everyone around them does it, nothing is being done about it so they feel like it's ok to do it even though everyone knows it's illegal. I'm just comparing habits here, obviously the dogfighting is on another level. But it's really the same with everything. No matter where kids grow up, they will get used to what happens in their neighborhoods and surroundings. Whether it's drugs, murders or any other crimes. Or if you don't get exposed to that type of stuff at all. Then suddenly you see somebody get shot for the first time and you freak out. Other kids that see this stuff every other week get used to it over a period of time.
    1st off well posted. I get that aspect but if this is Holmes being Holmes we'd still hate him for who he is. That is our right. He is a thug and a very sick man that need therapy I dont need to forgive him for that. Not all his fault but it is his problem. He owned that Kennel well before he had been an NFL player and had seen people go to jail for it. The thing is the penalties for dog fighting have never been all that bad. He went to jail for racketeering BTW which is a whole other crime. He did this on a pretty high level it wasnt just some hobby. Bottom line is he knew it was wrong and continued to do it well after he became ungodly rich by his standards. Living in a bad area doesnt mean you have to be a part of the problem. As you stated yourself he knew it was illegal and still decided to do it. He became rich and took it to a new level. That was his choice and now he is paying the price for it. Even in 2010 he made statement on how it is OK if your poor. He doesnt get it and likely never will because he is not mentally stable and needs help. The "it was a cultural thing" doesnt make what he did any different. He has no remorse and never will.

I thought Kerry Rhodes didn't like to tackle.

Really? Rhodes is too controversial to sign? When did the Jets say that? Rhodes was out of football, last year.... why WOULD they sign him? Rhodes was not, and is not, the best FA safety out there.....
    Yeah I guess everything has to come out in a press release for it to be true. BTW if you don't think Rhodes isn't the best available FA safety out there your knowledge of football is too amazing for me. Rhodes was one of the best Safeties in the league both here and in Arizona. But hey we prefer dog killers with herpes to some guy who might have played the rusty trombone.

Yeah I guess everything has to come out in a press release for it to be true. BTW if you don't think Rhodes isn't the best available FA safety out there your knowledge of football is too amazing for me. Rhodes was one of the best Safeties in the league both here and in Arizona. But hey we prefer dog killers with herpes to some guy who might have played the rusty trombone.
    I guess there's a 32-team conspiracy against the guy . . .