Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: See you and thanks for the memories.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    You root for the uniform, not the player. See you next month when you forget about the Vick signing.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    You root for the uniform, not the player. See you next month when you forget about the Vick signing.
    +1
    It's all about the laundry.
    I never liked Holmes, didn't like Sanchez, wouldn't want Cromartie near my daughter.
    Love Mangold, like Rex, think Idzik is a smart and calculating and not an impulsive decision maker, sort of like Alderson with the Mets.
    Can take or leave Woody... Joe Willie will always be #1.
    Vick paid his debt, acknowledges he effed up, speaks about the evils of what he did.
    Not to get political but I would have had more respect for B Clinton if he said he effed up instead of lying through his teeth to us for a couple of years.

The Green and White will never leave my closet!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Personally, I follow sports to get away from the serious stuff in life.

I have been a lifelong Jets fan, owning season tickets since I was college age, 1978. No way can I walk away because they may have signed someone that I don't care for. In this case Mike Vick, who spent 21 months in prison. He has paid his debt to society and was reinstated by the NFL. The Jets signed Plaxico Burres upon his release from prison; and the Holier then Thou Giants revere a former player who was arrested in part for having sex with an underage woman. The point is, if Mike Vick were running for office where I live, his past indiscretions would carry more significance then playing on my favorite football team.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalJet View Post
    With the signing of Vick, I am done with this team. Been a fan since a child and this is the line. I have posted before that I would stop supporting the Jets if they signed Vick. I personally will not support this team with him on the roster.

Thanks JI. Although you are not part of the Jets organization, in an indirect way this site shows support of this team. I don't post too often but I have been a member for many many years and have followed this site from the beginning.

Wish you all the best.
    You'll be back. Another quaalude you're gonna love the JETS again man.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Thanks for the reasoned rebuttal, I'm sure yours will be in the minority.

Your hypotheticals concerning degree are what is going to keep me watching the team. The "final straw" moments will be those that Vick is playing. If he remains on the sideline as some object of interest for the cameraman/commentator and nothing more, I will continue to watch. If he takes the field as an active participant, particularly as a starter, I will no longer watch. My basement will continue to be a bastion of Jetdom, my license plates will still have a Jets logo and I will still identify as a Jets fan, but I will not actively support the team in watching/attending games or purchasing merchandise.
    I have to ask a couple of questions here too...

1) He's going to certainly play in pre-season, why would that be different?
    2) What if Geno starts and gets hurt week 6? Will you stop watching effectively after that? Will you come back then once Geno is healthy and takes back the starting role?
    3) Your concern is not with the organization making the decision to make him part of the team but rather just the player himself that you don't want to see on the field?

Most fans I hear taking this position are upset with the organization at a whole for making this decision - therefor the playing time won't change their stance.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good riddance. You can talk yourself into being a "fan since birth", but you're not and never were a real fan. See you later.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of people turning their backs on their team...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensleeves View Post
    Same judgmental people that crucify Vick probably worship on weekends where forgiveness is preached. The guy served his time, is well respected in the locker room, but many people can't forgive him. Pretty weak character trait IMO. Good riddance.
    By most accounts I've heard - since he's been out of prison he's done more good for dogs than the bad he did in the past. At what point is there forgiveness?

There are now more dogs alive, healthy and safe because of Michael Vick that if there was never a Michael Vick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Personally, I follow sports to get away from the serious stuff in life.

I have been a lifelong Jets fan, owning season tickets since I was college age, 1978. No way can I walk away because they may have signed someone that I don't care for. In this case Mike Vick, who spent 21 months in prison. He has paid his debt to society and was reinstated by the NFL. The Jets signed Plaxico Burres upon his release from prison; and the Holier then Thou Giants revere a former player who was arrested in part for having sex with an underage woman. The point is, if Mike Vick were running for office where I live, his past indiscretions would carry more significance then playing on my favorite football team.
    Yep. We're not asking him to dog sit. We're asking him to be a solid QB #2, which at this point in his career, he is.

Funny how people can't let Vick's mistakes go, even though he served time for them, yet say nothing/do nothing about players in the league who have killed other humans - which I'm sorry I think is more important than a pack of pitbulls - and rape women (Roethlisberger?) - and never served an ounce of time or got some BS 30 day sentence ... but that's me.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Good riddance. You can talk yourself into being a "fan since birth", but you're not and never were a real fan. See you later.
    Always entrtaining seeing fans declare other fans as "non fans" over opinions.

Tell me 124, when did the Jets appoint you as the Lord High Magistrate of Jets Fandom and Commisar of Loyalty?

Be assured, what a few self-appointed chuckle****s say on the internet has no bearing, of any kind, on if I, the OP or anyone else is a "fan" or "real fan", despite your obvious protestations and offense taking that people exist who may disagree with you.

What it DOES say is we have alot of folks around here who care more about denouncing, degrading and dismissing their fellow fans than they do having a civil and respectful discussion.

This thread IS an embarassment, and no, not because of the OP. The torch-carrying lynch mob in a haste to kill all the fan-infidels who object to Vick on off-field ethical grounds is a ****ing joke.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post

Tell me 124, when did the Jets appoint you as the Lord High Magistrate of Jets Fandom and Commisar of Loyalty?

Be assured, what a few self-appointed chuckle****s say on the internet has no bearing, of any kind, on if I, the OP or anyone else is a "fan" or "real fan", despite your obvious protestations and offense taking that people exist who may disagree with you.

What it DOES say is we have alot of folks around here who care more about denouncing, degrading and dismissing their fellow fans than they do having a civil and respectful discussion.

This thread IS an embarassment, and no, not because of the OP. The torch-carrying lynch mob in a haste to kill all the fan-infidels who object to Vick is a ****ing joke.
    Just wondering, but did you really swear off being a Jet fan? I had heard somebody say something to that effect, but didn't know if it was true or not.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Just wondering, but did you really swear off being a Jet fan? I had heard somebody say something to that effect, but didn't know if it was true or not.
    No, I didn't.

What I've said, and I'e been very clear, is I can't enjoy the team if Vick is on it, for strongly and deeply held personal ethical reasons.

My choice, and mine only. I do not judge those who feel differently, I have no right to do so.

I will choose to not watch or fiscally support the team while Vick is on it. Call it a rooting vacation, call it whatever you like.

The moment Vick is gone, I'm back. Simple, clear and straitforward.

As I say, this is a personal thing. I respect that others don't agree, and hold no ill will towards those who have no issue, or can set aside their issues and still watch and root for Vick and Co.

What I do not respect is those in a hurry to seemingly purge anyone they in their wisdom see as "non fans". Those who seem to think a person should shelve even their ost deeply held ethics for what is supposed to be a hobby, enjoyment, passtime, place to get away from the bad **** of day to day life and the world.

Being a Jets Fan is not being a member of the Communist Party of the USSR. Sorry, it's just not.

Do I expect all of JI to think as I do? No, and thats 100% fine.

Do I accept the excommunication from Jets Fandom by a few arrogant chuckle****s on the internet?

Lol, no.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    OP is really taking it ruff.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, I didn't.

What I've said, and I'e been very clear, is I can't enjoy the team if Vick is on it, for strongly and deeply held personal ethical reasons.

My choice, and mine only. I do not judge those who feel differently, I have no right to do so.

I will choose to not watch or fiscally support the team while Vick is on it. Call it a rooting vacation, call it whatever you like.

The moment Vick is gone, I'm back. Simple, clear and straitforward.

As I say, this is a personal thing. I respect that others don't agree, and hold no ill will towards those who have no issue, or can set aside their issues and still watch and root for Vick and Co.

What I do not respect is those in a hurry to seemingly purge anyone they in their wisdom see as "non fans". Those who seem to think a person should shelve even their ost deeply held ethics for what is supposed to be a hobby, enjoyment, passtime, place to get away from the bad **** of day to day life and the world.

Being a Jets Fan is not being a member of the Communist Party of the USSR. Sorry, it's just not.

Do I expect all of JI to think as I do? No, and thats 100% fine.

Do I accept the excommunication from Jets Fandom by a few arrogant chuckle****s on the internet?

Lol, no.
    Well said, couldn't agree more.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    www.yardbarker.com
    Mark Sanchez feels like he was screwed by the New York Jets and head coach Rex Ryan.

Former New York Jets QB, Mark Sanchez, feels like he got screwed by the team and his former head coach Rex Ryan. It all started last season when Sanchez suffered an injury that could have been avoided, if Ryan didnít make stupid decisions. Then it escalated when the Jets kept Sanchez until now. Sanchez feels like he could have been picked up by a team looking for a quarterback...
    Mark Sanchez should be pissed at his agent for not formatting his contract to fit what his desires this year ended up being. The Jets lived up to their contract with Sanchez. Tough darts.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread IS an embarassment, and no, not because of the OP. The torch-carrying lynch mob in a haste to kill all the fan-infidels who object to Vick on off-field ethical grounds is a ****ing joke.
    He is no longer the "fan" he claims to have been. We are not denouncing a fan. We are denouncing a now Jets hater.

If you're willing to give up your "fanhood" over a player, you were never that invested into in the first place.

You can think as you'd like. You've long been a joke on here. Please, if you would like to leave as well, no one would care. I love how you talk about civility, but show none of it. Cry me a river.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    He is no longer the "fan" he claims to have been. We are not denouncing a fan. We are denouncing a now Jets hater.

If you're willing to give up your "fanhood" over a player, you were never that invested into in the first place.

You can think as you'd like. You've long been a joke on here. Please, if you would like to leave as well, no one would care. I love how you talk about civility, but show none of it. Cry me a river.
    This comes to mind after reading this

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ganggreen88 View Post
    Take care loser!
    Look in the mirror loser .. I give this guy credit for having moral fortitude ... although I think his actions are extreme ... I can respect them. Vick is repulsive human ... period.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    We are a better team today and that's all I give a fuk about!!
    ends justifies the means huh ?? You must be friends with hitler or mussolini or george bush jr.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    By most accounts I've heard - since he's been out of prison he's done more good for dogs than the bad he did in the past. At what point is there forgiveness?

There are now more dogs alive, healthy and safe because of Michael Vick that if there was never a Michael Vick.
    By that same logic (and really just playing devil's advocate here) ... if I save 5 people's lives, is it OK that I then go and murder two others, because it nets out positively?