Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: See you and thanks for the memories.

Jets Insider VIP
    I've owned dogs since I was a kid and absolutely despise Vick and hope he never sees the field, but I'm not going to quit following my team of 30+ years because we brought him in.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Heard on Boomer & Carton that someone started a facebook page to boycott the Jets and Vick. Close to 10k likes or whatever already. Supposedly, they've got people taking pictures of their dogs with signs around their neck that have anti-Jet messages on them.
    Not surprising, but extremely juvenile and pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I've owned dogs since I was a kid and absolutely despise Vick and hope he never sees the field, but I'm not going to quit following my team of 30+ years because we brought him in.
    I wish more people were as loyal as you.

Quote Originally Posted by SizzleBear287 View Post
    I wish more people were as loyal as you.
    a bitter pill but so is rooting for the Jets...gonna be hard rootong for him...i guess i'll rationalize somehow like the 19 months in jail and all the right things he's said since...still would rather have kept Sanchez...

When I opened this thread I thought it was a dedication to Sanchez (albeit a misguided one), not some pansy morality rant from somebody who allegedly will no longer be a fan. Why was this permitted to go on for 14 pages?

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    When I opened this thread I thought it was a dedication to Sanchez (albeit a misguided one), not some pansy morality rant from somebody who allegedly will no longer be a fan. Why was this permitted to go on for 14 pages?
    Its a "venting" thread.
    Without it, the mike vick/deeshawn Jackson threads would get nasty.
    U-G-L-Y you aint got no alibi

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalJet View Post
    With the signing of Vick, I am done with this team. Been a fan since a child and this is the line. I have posted before that I would stop supporting the Jets if they signed Vick. I personally will not support this team with him on the roster.

Thanks JI. Although you are not part of the Jets organization, in an indirect way this site shows support of this team. I don't post too often but I have been a member for many many years and have followed this site from the beginning.

Wish you all the best.
    I can only hope that some of my posts over the years brought you joy and comfort in hours of need.

Adios amigo. Whoever you are....

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    "permitted"?

Lol, ok.

All Pro
    Frankly, I think there are people far worse than Michael Vick playing on all 32 teams in the NFL -- there's no doubt there are murderers and rapists playing in the league. If the morality and personal lives of individuals and industries you choose to support is important to you, more power to you -- but you probably should just stop following professional sports.

At the end of the day I just don't care.

After 279 posts I kinda wish this thread was titled ... Thanks for the 'mamaries' ....

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Frankly, I think there are people far worse than Michael Vick playing on all 32 teams in the NFL -- there's no doubt there are murderers and rapists playing in the league.
    Darren Sharper is living proof of that as most of his "alleged" rapes took place while he was playing for the "Saints".

Kind of ironic the team he was playing for.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I was reading some of the facebook comments after the Vick signing and 95% of the negative comments were from women and 90% of them were probably never Jets fans. They were just coming in to bash Vick. That Facebook page to boycott the Jets is probably 90 percent women.
    Saw the same. I've never seen that many comments from the Jets FB page. Who knew so many woman know the commissioner by name...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JETFAN1; 03-24-2014 at 10:41 PM.

I don't understand why all of this Vick garbage is popping up again?? He's been back in the NFL for years now....It is not a "Jets" or "Eagles" thing, it's more an NFL thing

All of these fake fans and/or animal activists on facebook are out of control....You can't win with them.....They don't believe in logic and apparently forgiveness. The problem is a lot of them value the lives of random dogs over the lives of humans....

Look I love dogs but I believe in second chances and forgiveness....And Vick from all accounts has turned his life around

Paid his debt to society.... time to move on....oh yeah, peace out ya fake Jet fan and take that jinx with you

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalJet View Post
    With the signing of Vick, I am done with this team. Been a fan since a child and this is the line. I have posted before that I would stop supporting the Jets if they signed Vick. I personally will not support this team with him on the roster.

Thanks JI. Although you are not part of the Jets organization, in an indirect way this site shows support of this team. I don't post too often but I have been a member for many many years and have followed this site from the beginning.

Wish you all the best.
    I have no respect at all for Peta and other people who value the lives of dogs over humans. I am pretty sure that for you and other Vick detractors if he raped two women instead of killed a few dogs you wouldnt have cared at all. You need to learn to value human life over animals. Bye!

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    I don't understand why all of this Vick garbage is popping up again?? He's been back in the NFL for years now....It is not a "Jets" or "Eagles" thing, it's more an NFL thing

All of these fake fans and/or animal activists on facebook are out of control....You can't win with them.....They don't believe in logic and apparently forgiveness. The problem is a lot of them value the lives of random dogs over the lives of humans....

Look I love dogs but I believe in second chances and forgiveness....And Vick from all accounts has turned his life around
    Same here. Couldnt have said it better. People are sick if they value the lives of dogs over humans. There is no way around that. The most preposterous argument I here over how killings dogs is worse because they are defenseless. That is such utter horse---- because its not even true. Even if you were sick enough to equate the lives of dogs with humans, if anything a dog being murdered by electrocution, drowning or being beaten to death is actually less defenseless than a human being being killed by a gunshot wound or being killed by a drunk driver in a DUI. The dog does have a chance to fight off their attacker, albeit a remote chance especially if they are being starved to near death. But someone being killed by a gunshot or a drunk driver has 0% of defending themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I'm not getting part of this. Yes he did something very bad.

However, unlike Ray Lewis, he admitted it, served his time, is contrite, and is trying to make amends. How much more does he have to go through while Ray Lewis gets a broadcasting job?
    True. But other than obstructing justice in a double murder case, intentionally disposing of evidence in the case, very well could have actually murdered two people, paying off both victims families in related civil cases, and having 6 kids with 4 different woman out of wedlock, Ray Lewis is a stand up guy. Plus, Ray Lewis killed humans. Mike Vick killed dogs which apparently to a lot of people in this country is way worse. Plus, Ray Lewis is a religious man, he quotes the Bible all the time!

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Same here. Couldnt have said it better. People are sick if they value the lives of dogs over humans. There is no way around that. The most preposterous argument I here over how killings dogs is worse because they are defenseless. That is such utter horse---- because its not even true. Even if you were sick enough to equate the lives of dogs with humans, if anything a dog being murdered by electrocution, drowning or being beaten to death is actually less defenseless than a human being being killed by a gunshot wound or being killed by a drunk driver in a DUI. The dog does have a chance to fight off their attacker, albeit a remote chance especially if they are being starved to near death. But someone being killed by a gunshot or a drunk driver has 0% of defending themselves.
    Look, I get what you're saying but I wouldn't take it that far....The dogs and the victims of DUI accidents or a gunshot are all defenseless and it's all wrong

I wasn't justifying what Vick was doing at all in my last post.....My problem is more with the people who aren't willing to give Vick a second chance

It truly is pathetic how you can stop rooting for a football team because you don't like what one player on the team did years ago ....Just can't relate to that at all

-

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Same here. I find what he did absolutely deplorable, but he served his time even if I feel it should have been longer. The jail system is suppose to about "rehabilitation". Since being released he has shown change, and has been an outstanding citizen. Until otherwise I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Even if I don't like him me personally.