Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: See you and thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by King Koopa View Post
    Look, I get what you're saying but I wouldn't take it that far....The dogs and the victims of DUI accidents or a gunshot are all defenseless and it's all wrong

I wasn't justifying what Vick was doing at all in my last post.....My problem is more with the people who aren't willing to give Vick a second chance

It truly is pathetic how you can stop rooting for a football team because you don't like what one player on the team did years ago ....Just can't relate to that at all

-
    Of course, I agree killing dogs and humans are both reprehensible. But in my opinion, and I know there will be animal lovers and even some others who will disagree, killing another person without intent to kill (DUI) is way way worse than killing a dog on purpose. Even though you dont intend to kill someone in a DUI, you made a conscious decision either when you started drinking or when you got in the car after drinking to engage in an activity that could potentially lead to the death of others. Plus, I would find it hard to believe that the victim's family would take it better knowing their family member was killed by a drunk driver versus being murdered in cold blood. Their loved one is still dead, that's all that really matters.

Killing dogs on purpose is horrible but to me it doesnt rise to the level of killing a human by any means. And I dont own a dog and never did, but they happen to be my favorite animal. But dogs arent humans, they are lovable and friendly creatures, but they arent human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by jetglass View Post
    Of course, I agree killing dogs and humans are both reprehensible. But in my opinion, and I know there will be animal lovers and even some others who will disagree, killing another person without intent to kill (DUI) is way way worse than killing a dog on purpose. Even though you dont intend to kill someone in a DUI, you made a conscious decision either when you started drinking or when you got in the car after drinking to engage in an activity that could potentially lead to the death of others. Plus, I would find it hard to believe that the victim's family would take it better knowing their family member was killed by a drunk driver versus being murdered in cold blood. Their loved one is still dead, that's all that really matters.

Killing dogs on purpose is horrible but to me it doesnt rise to the level of killing a human by any means. And I dont own a dog and never did, but they happen to be my favorite animal. But dogs arent humans, they are lovable and friendly creatures, but they arent human beings.
    Most humans are not worth the compassion people have for dogs. If you don't know that then you are probably very sheltered.

Quote Originally Posted by FTL Jet Fan View Post
    Damn man, look I was totally against bringing in Vick but I have been a Jets fan for over 30 years and would never give up on this team. Giving up on your team because u don't like a player is childish. Maybe u weren't a true fan in the first place. Good luck
    I get it now. True fans don't consider the character of the players that wear their team's uniform.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Most humans are not worth the compassion people have for dogs. If you don't know that then you are probably very sheltered.
    most humans , that is an over statement . I would say some humans definitely . Think of people in your life , do you despise most of them ? 2nd don't think for a second that a dog isn't a selfish animal because the second you stop feeding him that pet turns back Into a dog. Just like some humans turn into animals due to environmental issues and of course some humans are just plain nasty

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Cool. We only want REAL Jet fans here, anyway. Have fun with your next team (go pats?).

Tapping while talking
    I'd welcome them to the team, but I'm sure they wouldn't take it that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1960 View Post
    I get it now. True fans don't consider the character of the players that wear their team's uniform.
    He's saying that he won't turn his back on the entire organization/team just because of one guy. You'd think a Patriots fan would understand that since one of your former players murdered someone.

Tapping while talking

I give the OP tons of respect. Vick is evil. How you guys can root for him is beyond me.

He's saying that he won't turn his back on the entire organization/team just because of one guy. You'd think a Patriots fan would understand that since one of your former players murdered someone.

Tapping while talking
    the difference being the word FORMER.

Mike Vick wil trot out into the field....Hernandez wont

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post

Ok and? He was reinstated by the commissioner, enough said.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Ok and? He was reinstated by the commissioner, enough said.

And you think the commissioner is just great?

Veteran
    Not at all.

Veteran
    even as a Vick hater , which jets fan is going to root for him to fail if he happens to be in a position to put the Jets in the playoffs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

You should after all the evidence he destroyed concerning the Pats..

All League
    I give the OP tons of respect. Vick is evil. How you guys can root for him is beyond me.
    how did you root for the these guys??

7/11/2013 New England CB Alfonzo Dennard Arrested on suspicion of DUI, refusing a chemical test and a driving infraction. in Lincoln, Neb.
    4/21/2012 New England DB Alfonzo Dennard Charged with third-degree felony assault of a police officer after a dispute outside a Lincoln bar.
    11/1/2011 New England WR Julian Edelman Arrested on count of indecent assault and battery. He allegedly groped woman at club underneath her Halloween costume.
    9/25/2010 New England DB Bret Lockett Arrested, charged with disorderly conduct in relation to incident outside club in Providence, R.I.
    6/30/2008 New England CB Willie Andrews Arrested, charged with assault with a dangerous weapon and unlawful possession of a high-capacity firearm.
    4/27/2008 New England OL Nick Kaczur Arrested, charged with misdemeanor criminal possession of prescription painkillers after traffic stop.
    2/26/2008 New England RB Kevin Faulk Issued a misdemeanor summons for marijuana possession in Lafayette, La., after routine search turned up four cigarettes.
    2/5/2008 New England CB Willie Andrews Two days after Super Bowl, he was charged with possession of a half-pound of marijuana, with intent to distribute, and driving an unregistered Crown Victoria in Lowell, Mass.
    6/25/2006 New England DL Johnathan Sullivan Arrested in Griffin, Ga., and charged with possession of marijuana, noise and seatbelt violation in traffic stop.
    7/18/2004 New England WR Marquise Walker Arrested in Tampa, Fla., for driving under the influence.
    4/17/2004 New England CB Ty Law Arrested in the South Beach section of Miami after he allegedly led police on a brief car and foot chase.
    10/21/2003 New England OL Kenyatta Jones Arrested for allegedly assaulting his roommate with scalding water.
    12/27/2001 New England DE Bobby Hamilton Arrested for allegedly assaulting his wife at their Cumberland, R.I., apartment.
    5/16/2001 New England WR Terry Glenn Arrested in Walpole, Mass., on domestic abuse charges.
    3/7/2001 New England OT Adrian Klemm Arrested on a misdemeanor charge accusing him of punching another motorist's windshield in a traffic dispute.
    http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrest...e=&CPIorderBy=

All League
    I wonder if the Steeler fans are boycotting Big Ben and not coming to their stadium for games and such? He raped a women and had sexual misconduct with another. No one talks about that and considering these Vick haters are all holier than thou - I wonder if you boycott him in the same fashion as you do Vick.

This thread is so hypocritical b/c you vilify Vick for his actions but you want carry out the same vigor against someone who committed an even worse crime. I don't know the people who post here outside of JI but I'm guessing a lot of them (not all) are racist and hate the fact that he's a black man who committed a crime who continues to make a living. And don't give me the whole I'm not a racist BS as if racism doesn't exist in America. It does and some of the postings against Vick is because of that. Which makes that persons postings even worse than what Vick did, which was just evil and awful.

Quote Originally Posted by BrickHouse View Post
    I don't know the people who post here outside of JI but I'm guessing a lot of them (not all) are racist and hate the fact that he's a black man who committed a crime who continues to make a living. And don't give me the whole I'm not a racist BS as if racism doesn't exist in America. It does and some of the postings against Vick is because of that. Which makes that persons postings even worse than what Vick did, which was just evil and awful.
    The single worst and most misguided post in the entire thread.

Such bull****, I can smell it all the way from here.

No, we're not racists. We object to the torture and killing of dogs for personal enjoyment and profit.

White, black or otherwise, the reaction would be exactly the same.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    You should after all the evidence he destroyed concerning the Pats..
    Imagine all the issues with gambling money paid out alone !?!?! ... You know that Superbowl win over the Rams was shown to be due to cheating

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    The single worst and most misguided post in the entire thread.

Such bull****, I can smell it all the way from here.

No, we're not racists. We object to the torture and killing of dogs for personal enjoyment and profit.

White, black or otherwise, the reaction would be exactly the same.
    For some the only valuable card in a deck of 52 is the Race card..

Vick killed dogs, not people. Vick also served his time.

Oh, how about that dude that drove drunk and killed someone. He's still with the Pats, isn't he?

Vick killed dogs, not people. Vick also served his time.

Oh, how about that dude that drove drunk and killed someone. He's still with the Pats, isn't he?
    who?