Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: See you and thanks for the memories.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by ROPE View Post
    A team with so many needs and they make sure they have a back up quarterback? Incredibly Jets. Very hard to route for this team. What's the point? The rest of the NFL continuously runs laps around us. I'm out routing for the Jets.
    Root*

12 draft picks.

March.

If we signed any other backup QB there wouldn't be this backlash. We just saved money by cutting Sanchez and signing an all-pro QB to a $5mil/yr contract.

Good riddance.

A team with so many needs and they make sure they have a back up quarterback? Incredibly Jets. Very hard to route for this team. What's the point? The rest of the NFL continuously runs laps around us. I'm out routing for the Jets.
    Not sure what that means, but if you're saying you're leaving, maybe this signing was for the best. . .

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalJet View Post
    See you and thanks for the memories.
    I will miss you man

A real jet fan knows anyone that helps win a Super Bowl is a welcome addition, it's been a long time.....

The Vick train leaving the station negates the Tebow bandwagon that came charging in two years ago.

For that, thank you Vick.

Hall Of Fame
    Founding JI Member

Thank you my Jet friendsfriends for 35 years it was fun .but I am done & won't be back here.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    thank you for announcing this to the world, everybody cares and we're heartbroken. i'm sure it was a difficult decision for the jets organization to sign vick while weighing the loss of you.

to all that will join OP, please just leave and don't make any threads announcing that you're leaving. nobody cares about your self righteous ideology. Vick made a terrible mistake no doubt, has been repentant from all I have seen and read and has asked for forgiveness. Unlike all the good christians (see OP above), I will grant him forgiveness and not judge.
    I'll take it a step further -- his "repentance" is irrelevant. He either makes us better or he doesn't. Personally I hope he doesn't (that he stays on the bench because Geno outplays him), but for a team that's had Clemens, Brunnell and Garrard/Simms as our "backups", this is like hitting the lottery!

Personally I'm glad our FO doesn't make decisions based on the emotions of its fanbase. This could easily be a bad move -- maybe the guy really is washed up. But his former OC is here and must've had a lot of input on this. If he likes the move, and Idzik feels the price is right, there's no way I'm second guessing it.

This off-season could easily make or break this regime. Either way, I'll still be here suffering as always . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I'll take it a step further -- his "repentance" is irrelevant. He either makes us better or he doesn't. Personally I hope he doesn't (that he stays on the bench because Geno outplays him), but for a team that's had Clemens, Brunnell and Garrard/Simms as our "backups", this is like hitting the lottery!

Personally I'm glad our FO doesn't make decisions based on the emotions of its fanbase. This could easily be a bad move -- maybe the guy really is washed up. But his former OC is here and there's NO WAY he didn't have input on this. If he likes the move, and Idzik feels the price is right, there's no way I'm second guessing it.

This off-season could easily make or break this regime. Either way, I'll still be here suffering as always . . .
    Thank you and agreed on all points

All Pro
    With the signing of Vick, I am done with this team. Been a fan since a child and this is the line. I have posted before that I would stop supporting the Jets if they signed Vick. I personally will not support this team with him on the roster.

Thanks JI. Although you are not part of the Jets organization, in an indirect way this site shows support of this team. I don't post too often but I have been a member for many many years and have followed this site from the beginning.

Wish you all the best.

Veteran

Veteran
    CurlyBill.jpg

I hate this but I'll stay and yell dog killer everytime he fumbled, throws a pick or loses yards.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Thank you my Jet friendsfriends for 35 years it was fun .but I am done & won't be back here.
    Noooooooooooooooo!

The rest of the NFL runs laps around us? We were 8-8 last year and have made two AFC Championship games since Rex got here. Its not a super bowl but FAR FAR FAR from being the Raiders/Browns/Bills etc..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    I'm sorry but if the signing of Vick makes you stop watching or rooting for the Jets, you were never a true fan anyways. Warfish leaving shows he was nothing but an act. All Schtick, just like Sar!!
    I'm sorry, but I don't see how that correlates. If you are a fan of some sort of particular entertainment and then that form changes in some way that you no longer find palatable, how does that call into question your original commitment? This is particularly baffling if the decision is the result of a moral stance. For instance, I refuse to view anything related to Sean Penn as I find him to be a duplicitous, traitorous hypocrite to the United States. Does that make me any less of a fan of movies? How about the Star Trek "fanbois" who refuse to watch any of the JJ Abrams Star Trek reboots as they find them to be an affront? That's certainly petty, no? And yet they would foster more empathy for their frivolous views amongst "true fans" than what is being displayed here on this site.

Honestly, it's amazing that I don't encounter more of these fervent, hardline types IRL. Must be an awfully quiet bunch in the company of others when it comes to putting forth these judgements.

Quote Originally Posted by joiseyjet View Post
    Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

All League
    We are a better team today and that's all I give a fuk about!!
    I'm with this ****ing guy.

Rookie
    I'm sorry but if the signing of Vick makes you stop watching or rooting for the Jets, you were never a true fan anyways. Warfish leaving shows he was nothing but an act. All Schtick, just like Sar!!
    +1

With the signing of Vick, I am done with this team. Been a fan since a child and this is the line. I have posted before that I would stop supporting the Jets if they signed Vick. I personally will not support this team with him on the roster.

Thanks JI. Although you are not part of the Jets organization, in an indirect way this site shows support of this team. I don't post too often but I have been a member for many many years and have followed this site from the beginning.

Wish you all the best.
    Hahaha...go root for the Browns!

Bye bye! Vick will help. You'll see. Circus my ass. Geno will grow either watching him or the competition. He didn't sulk when he got benched either. Neither did Vick. Tools, all of the detractors, I say, tools!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gandolfthewhite; 03-25-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Wish you all the best.
    I could see you saying this if the reason paralleled the TT disaster, not for the dog fighting thing-the man paid his debt to society and is an anti dog fighting advocate now. And to even insinuate that JI had or has any connection to any of this is equally as short sighted on your part IMHO. There are so many a$$holes on this site, I am sorry to see one decent person go.