Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: See you and thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Great. So there is no such thing as unacceptable behavior because it's cultural. I think I'll embrace jungle culture and turn to cannibalism tonight.

Don't judge me, bro. It's a cultural thing.
    I'll assume your sarcastic indignation means your pro-life, right?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    there sure were. they let Vick off on the animal cruelty charges if her copped to the funding.

Again, there's a ton of info out there if you cared to look.
    Serious question. If the pats had signed Vick, would you have gone to this much trouble to be so derisive towards the signing?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Serious question. If the pats had signed Vick, would you have gone to this much trouble to be so derisive towards the signing?
    Jordy, I'm not a PETA type, I'm pro-hunting, etc. But what I read about Vick turns my stomach. I'm not saying you guys should stop rooting for the Jets or the Pats are any better...I just don't think anyone should root for this guy to have any success.

Anyway, I've said too much already, this issue gets me going but me being a pats fan clouds the message.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalJet View Post
    With the signing of Vick, I am done with this team. Been a fan since a child and this is the line. I have posted before that I would stop supporting the Jets if they signed Vick. I personally will not support this team with him on the roster.

Thanks JI. Although you are not part of the Jets organization, in an indirect way this site shows support of this team. I don't post too often but I have been a member for many many years and have followed this site from the beginning.

Wish you all the best.
    I totally understand why you are taking this position and have nothing but admiration for you. I have had some of the same feelings the past few days. But give up on the Jets? Naw man. I have too many years invested in this team. Yes. The Jets are a dumpster fire of a franchise. They have a coach who is more interested with making news than running a team. The Jets have an owner who smiles too much and doesn't understand how to run a franchise.... but they are my dumpster fire and I have watched them for 20 f___ing years. See yah.

Hall Of Fame
    Ain't this adorable

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I'll assume your sarcastic indignation means your pro-life, right?
    No one is taking your bait, give it up

All Pro
    there sure were. they let Vick off on the animal cruelty charges if her copped to the funding.

Again, there's a ton of info out there if you cared to look.
    I'm not sure how I'll manage to root for the team to do well without Vick doing well. I'll figure it out if I have to but it would be very conflicting. So far I just tell people that I'll cross that bridge if he wins the starting job. I'm not going to lose sleep over it until then.

I don't usually bring it up when people talk about Vick serving his time for animal abuse, but truth is that what he did to the dogs is really only a misdemeanor. It was the illegal gambling across state lines that made a Federal case out of it. Killing the dogs would have been only a fine. No record. The law is F'd up. You'd be punished far worse for shooting yourself in the leg then drowning a dog. In fact smoking pot is a much greater offense.

I remember watching a case on Judge Judy where the plaintiff's neighbor shot her dog. They didn't have to pay for the thousands in surgery. All they owed was the depreciated value of the dog. I guess they were supposed to total it, and get a new dog, as if it was not a living, caring part of the family.

I haven't kept up on the developments, so I don't know what the laws are now. Hopefully this case has made people more aware of the cavalier manner in which the government treats animal cruelty. I'm afraid that the fact that people believe Vick went to prison for killing dogs would have the reverse effect.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Ain't this adorable
    How's that make you feel?

Jets Insider VIP
    Jordy, I'm not a PETA type, I'm pro-hunting, etc. But what I read about Vick turns my stomach. I'm not saying you guys should stop rooting for the Jets or the Pats are any better...I just don't think anyone should root for this guy to have any success.

Anyway, I've said too much already, this issue gets me going but me being a pats fan clouds the message.

Reasonable post..

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalJet View Post
    With the signing of Vick, I am done with this team. Been a fan since a child and this is the line. I have posted before that I would stop supporting the Jets if they signed Vick. I personally will not support this team with him on the roster.

Thanks JI. Although you are not part of the Jets organization, in an indirect way this site shows support of this team. I don't post too often but I have been a member for many many years and have followed this site from the beginning.

Wish you all the best.

A fan since you were a "child" so you're going to bail because the Jets signed Vick? seems to me that you're acting like a "child" and that's very weak.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    How's that make you feel?
    Boner pants?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Boner pants?
    LOL....alrighty then.

I despise Michael for what he was apart of but I don't understand why he can't be given a second chance.

Michael's debt to society was paid and it wasn't a slap on the wrist guys in his tax bracket typically receive. Michael lost all his money and his freedom, he was incarcerated. According to everyone who has ever had any contact with him, Michael is a completely changed man now and has been for damn near 5 years. So why can't we root for the new Michael Vick? Why must we continue demonizing a man me or you don't know personally just because of his past?

Hall Of Fame
    Pasts* fans are just jealous that we got Vick and they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden 2.0 View Post
    No one is taking your bait, give it up
    23 pages of dog-debate, but acknowledging even more horrific treatment of unborn children is "bait".

Nice world we live in . . .
    Last edited by OCCH; 03-25-2014 at 10:24 PM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by fusion View Post
    I respect what you do but what you say is not realistic

how many convicted felons stay in wall street or the business world? I am sure many

how come Vick who murdered dogs is worse then a wall street convicted felon who stole money from many people and ruined many lives?
    First, please do not compare white collar criminals to a murderous sociopath.

Second, attorneys, doctors, CPAs, financial advisors, he'll even insurance salesman can no longer work in their trade. Anyone who invests their money on Wall street using an unlicensed broker gets what they deserve. And in the real world, any employer knowing that an applicant did what Vick did, would never hire them.

All League
    Not to be a diq, but you can't technically murder a dog.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

All League
    In all the Vick debate where everyone says he paid his debt to society, well that is just not true. Je did his time for illegal gambling. He wasn't charged for the dog torture, murder, etc.

And if he did actually pay his debt to society, then why draft a TE when we can sign Hernandez next off season if he can beat his murder rap. He can just plead no contest to the weapons charge and time served. Back in the NFL by opening day 2015. Where does the pro Vick posters draw the line.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    In all the Vick debate where everyone says he paid his debt to society, well that is just not true. Je did his time for illegal gambling. He wasn't charged for the dog torture, murder, etc.

And if he did actually pay his debt to society, then why draft a TE when we can sign Hernandez next off season if he can beat his murder rap. He can just plead no contest to the weapons charge and time served. Back in the NFL by opening day 2015. Where does the pro Vick posters draw the line.
    Kinda was; the Fed charge had to do with interstate RICO stuff, specifically involving dog fighting. Don't think he was charged in state with animal cruelty.

And, he didn't beat the rap, he plead guilty.

And, killing people is different than killing dogs.

And, I love dogs. I hate what he did.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by stanner; 03-25-2014 at 10:49 PM.

I honestly think less people would be up in arms if Hernandez got off due to some technicality OJ Simpson BS and came back to play for an NFL team....Or atleast there would be less of a controversy/ people would be less vocal

Just how it is I guess