Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: See you and thanks for the memories.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Outstanding

Looking forward to the fanbase purging, there are a select number out there I would love to see join you!!!
    yes, starting with you

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalJet View Post
    With the signing of Vick, I am done with this team. Been a fan since a child and this is the line. I have posted before that I would stop supporting the Jets if they signed Vick. I personally will not support this team with him on the roster.

Thanks JI. Although you are not part of the Jets organization, in an indirect way this site shows support of this team. I don't post too often but I have been a member for many many years and have followed this site from the beginning.

Wish you all the best.
    Bye Mr Sanchez. Good luck with your new team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    Well I for one am sorry it has come to that, I hope that sometime in the future you are able to forgive. Sorry to see you and others take a hiatus.
    He did him penance in jail and lost all his assets. Publicly apologized. If he helps the Jets win then let bygones be bygones.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Bye
    +1

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post

This is an awesome and appropriate GIF.

I personally don't really like the move, but would be funny if it works out and the Jets end up being really good this year; just so I can see the reactions from the "I can't root for the Jets while Vick is on the roster" people

[QUOTE=MysticalJet;5187417]With the signing of Vick, I am done with this team. Been a fan since a child and this is the line. I have posted before that I would stop supporting the Jets if they signed Vick. I personally will not support this team with him on the roster.

Thanks JI. Although you are not part of the Jets organization, in an indirect way this site shows support of this team. I don't post too often but I have been a member for many many years and have followed this site from the beginning.

Wish you all the best.[/

Sorry to see you go Mystical. I remember you from back in the Greenhouse days. Respect your decision although I don't necessarily agree with it. I've been a veterinarian technician for close to twenty years and wouldn't have cared if they locked Vick up and thrown away the key. But in retrospect, he's served his time and appears to be a model citizen having hopefully learned a valuable lesson. It won't bring those poor dogs back but at what point do you accept the man's contrition and let him go on with his life? Should he be denied ever having the opportunity of someone employing him again? Anyway, best wishes to you too.

Veteran
    I just heard the news PHUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.... yeah wooooooooooww damnnnnnn

ok, ok

first off - bye and see you in September
    second off - take sanchez with ya go have a panic
    third - vick is here to compete with GENO and hopefully make him better
    fourth - what time is Desean coming for the physical
    fifth - I don't give phuck the JETS are a better muther phucking team

hell yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't see how that correlates. If you are a fan of some sort of particular entertainment and then that form changes in some way that you no longer find palatable, how does that call into question your original commitment? This is particularly baffling if the decision is the result of a moral stance. For instance, I refuse to view anything related to Sean Penn as I find him to be a duplicitous, traitorous hypocrite to the United States. Does that make me any less of a fan of movies? How about the Star Trek "fanbois" who refuse to watch any of the JJ Abrams Star Trek reboots as they find them to be an affront? That's certainly petty, no? And yet they would foster more empathy for their frivolous views amongst "true fans" than what is being displayed here on this site.

Honestly, it's amazing that I don't encounter more of these fervent, hardline types IRL. Must be an awfully quiet bunch in the company of others when it comes to putting forth these judgements.
    While I don't agree with your stance, I understand it. And as such, you should understand why "real fans" of the team (as they consider themselves) can't imagine trashing their fandom because 1/53 of the team used to hurt dogs. Would you refuse to see a movie where Sean Penn made a cameo? Would you refuse to support a charity that Penn also supported, even if you believed in its cause? Would you divorce your wife if you found out she was related to Sean Penn as 6th cousins on her step-uncle's side?

Of course I'm being facetious, but I'm showing how your opinion comes across to some of us. I believe you can hate a player without hating the team -- and some here have already stated they will. But when faced with "fostering empathy" for the team or an ex-fan, it's not that tough a decision . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    With the signing of Vick, I am done with this team. Been a fan since a child and this is the line. I have posted before that I would stop supporting the Jets if they signed Vick. I personally will not support this team with him on the roster.

Wish you all the best.
    No one gives a Fukk..... No one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    While I don't agree with your stance, I understand it. And as such, you should understand why "real fans" of the team (as they consider themselves) can't imagine trashing their fandom because 1/53 of the team used to hurt dogs. Would you refuse to see a movie where Sean Penn made a cameo? Would you refuse to support a charity that Penn also supported, even if you believed in its cause? Would you divorce your wife if you found out she was related to Sean Penn as 6th cousins on her step-uncle's side?

Of course I'm being facetious, but I'm showing how your opinion comes across to some of us. I believe you can hate a player without hating the team -- and some here have already stated they will. But when faced with "fostering empathy" for the team or an ex-fan, it's not that tough a decision . . .
    Thanks for the reasoned rebuttal, I'm sure yours will be in the minority.

Your hypotheticals concerning degree are what is going to keep me watching the team. The "final straw" moments will be those that Vick is playing. If he remains on the sideline as some object of interest for the cameraman/commentator and nothing more, I will continue to watch. If he takes the field as an active participant, particularly as a starter, I will no longer watch. My basement will continue to be a bastion of Jetdom, my license plates will still have a Jets logo and I will still identify as a Jets fan, but I will not actively support the team in watching/attending games or purchasing merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Thanks for the reasoned rebuttal, I'm sure yours will be in the minority.

Your hypotheticals concerning degree are what is going to keep me watching the team. The "final straw" moments will be those that Vick is playing. If he remains on the sideline as some object of interest for the cameraman/commentator and nothing more, I will continue to watch. If he takes the field as an active participant, particularly as a starter, I will no longer watch. My basement will continue to be a bastion of Jetdom, my license plates will still have a Jets logo and I will still identify as a Jets fan, but I will not actively support the team in watching/attending games or purchasing merchandise.
    Have to ask -- IF he's successful, that will have NO impact on your stance?

It would mean success for Kerley, Wilk, Sheldon, Harris, Mangold, Brick, Rex -- would you really miss out on all that just because Vick was part of said success?

You're certainly entitled to say yes -- it just seems like you'd be chopping off your nose to spite your face (or whatever the phrase is) . . .

Wish you all the best.
    LOOK AT ME! Gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I don't agree with you, but if that is how you feel, then I respect your lack of commitment .
    FIXED

Wish you all the best.
    37294603.jpg

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    Have to ask -- IF he's successful, that will have NO impact on your stance?

It would mean success for Kerley, Wilk, Sheldon, Harris, Mangold, Brick, Rex -- would you really miss out on all that just because Vick was part of said success?

You're certainly entitled to say yes -- it just seems like you'd be chopping off your nose to spite your face (or whatever the phrase is) . . .
    Excellent question and I suppose the answer would be that it would not impact my stance, as illogical that sounds. What I find so odd about the whole situation is that pathos and ethos are rejected in this situation in favor of logos, all within the construct of a pursuit that is largely sustained by the former two.

So, in your scenario I guess the razor goes to the nose. At least, that's the plan, lol.

Veteran

Wish you all the best.

later!

Huge animal rights guy. It bother me to no end, but I am not going to stop watching. We root for *******s and criminals...it is what it is. Hope he never sees the field.

Anyone who rips the OP should stfu, Vick did a lot of bad ****, enough for people to feel strongly about it.