Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 589

Thread: See you and thanks for the memories.

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    thank you for announcing this to the world, everybody cares and we're heartbroken. i'm sure it was a difficult decision for the jets organization to sign vick while weighing the loss of you.

    to all that will join OP, please just leave and don't make any threads announcing that you're leaving. nobody cares about your self righteous ideology. Vick made a terrible mistake no doubt, has been repentant from all I have seen and read and has asked for forgiveness. Unlike all the good christians (see OP above), I will grant him forgiveness and not judge.

    Hysterical.."I've been a fan since I was a child"....blah blah blah when was that? 2008?

    I've been a fan since Joe Willie..blah blah..saw him a handful of times at Shea....blah blah.. Guess What? This was actually a pretty good move by the Jets organization...a decent QB who may never see the field...has paid the price for being a douche and might be a good mentor and teammate to other Jets...C'mon back when we're 7-3 and have pounded the Pats 1x already in 2014...

  2. #82
    We'll miss you like dead soldiers' families will miss Fred Phelps.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    So would you be cool if the jets signed a different, talented player who had, say, assaulted and tortured a kid?
    So are you equating humans specifically of the child variety with dogs?

    Dogs are food for many parts of the world, children aren't. dont' compare the two please. FFS

  4. #84
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,173
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    How can one person suck the enjoyment out of watching the other 52?

    Maybe you could just watch when the Jets are on defense? That's where they've mostly been lately anyway . . .
    Some people have superpowers.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I'd argue that those same players you mention only get a pass due to the over the top fandom that overlooks those ethical dilemmas in the interest of the almighty win. It could also be put forth that my stance is just as over the top, although I would say that since it appears to occupy something of a moral stance, it would be above reproach. Unless, of course you consider this is all over a sport, in which case the entire thing is just, well, silly.
    Wow..How's life over in theoretical-land?? How about contrition, absolution and moral redemption? How many mistakes have you made in your life? Sounds to me like 'None". That being the case I can get behind you all the way except for the fact..that...I'm a human being with loads of flaws trying to do a little better every day and hoping and praying that not too many people judge me and kick me to the curb forever.....Did you root for Ray Lewis in his final year with the Ravens as he inspired and willed them to a Super Bowl victory?? I did because I saw the "A Football Life" special on Ray and my feeling is that Ray has made mistakes and has come to some new place in his life...Watch the show...he talks about a moment in prison where he hears the voice (he's describing this to a class at Harvard)....here's the transcript:

    "14 gunshots hit the side of the limo, we drove a little, we got back to the hotel, and the message was on the news, we are looking for black limousine navigator, in connection to a double homicide, two men were brutally stabbed to death. Wow! I was definitely accused of double murder. I was falsely accused of double murder actually. And they arrested me that morning in front of all three of my sons, which is the hardest thing to ever do, is to fight for your freedom in front of your family.

    And the first night I was in jail, a whisper came to my ear and it said, ďCan you hear me now?Ē And thatís the only time, the real time that I heard God that that clearly. Iím always disturbed in my spirit of how people look at me from that incidence, because those families that was affected will never know the truth. And thatís sad, they still didnít find the people who have done that. They never had an ounce of evidence on me and thatís when I knew, no matter where I was, no matter how low I have been in my life. By any means necessary, I will prove not just to myself, to my family, to my children, to my fans.

    ďI got to get something done, because of yaíll that bold to put my reputation on the line, then Iím as bold as you are to want to fight for itĒ.

    I'll give Mike Vick the benefit of the me-not-judging-him-doubt.

    The signing makes the team better now. Get DeSean. Go Jets.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post
    Wow..How's life over in theoretical-land?? How about contrition, absolution and moral redemption? How many mistakes have you made in your life? Sounds to me like 'None". That being the case I can get behind you all the way except for the fact..that...I'm a human being with loads of flaws trying to do a little better every day and hoping and praying that not too many people judge me and kick me to the curb forever.....Did you root for Ray Lewis in his final year with the Ravens as he inspired and willed them to a Super Bowl victory?? I did because I saw the "A Football Life" special on Ray and my feeling is that Ray has made mistakes and has come to some new place in his life...Watch the show...he talks about a moment in prison where he hears the voice (he's describing this to a class at Harvard)....here's the transcript:

    "14 gunshots hit the side of the limo, we drove a little, we got back to the hotel, and the message was on the news, we are looking for black limousine navigator, in connection to a double homicide, two men were brutally stabbed to death. Wow! I was definitely accused of double murder. I was falsely accused of double murder actually. And they arrested me that morning in front of all three of my sons, which is the hardest thing to ever do, is to fight for your freedom in front of your family.

    And the first night I was in jail, a whisper came to my ear and it said, “Can you hear me now?” And that’s the only time, the real time that I heard God that that clearly. I’m always disturbed in my spirit of how people look at me from that incidence, because those families that was affected will never know the truth. And that’s sad, they still didn’t find the people who have done that. They never had an ounce of evidence on me and that’s when I knew, no matter where I was, no matter how low I have been in my life. By any means necessary, I will prove not just to myself, to my family, to my children, to my fans.

    “I got to get something done, because of ya’ll that bold to put my reputation on the line, then I’m as bold as you are to want to fight for it”.

    I'll give Mike Vick the benefit of the me-not-judging-him-doubt.

    The signing makes the team better now. Get DeSean. Go Jets.
    People who speak to imaginary friends get sent to mental wards. People who speak to god should be right alongside of them.

  7. #87
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    2,103
    I respect the OP for sticking to his principles. Sometimes, a person does/says something so offensive to us as an individual that there is no forgiveness. I think it is uncalled for to rip him for it. Saying he is not a true fan is absurd. He is just taking a hiatus while sticking to his guns. Torturing dogs is more offensive to the OP than his love for the Jets. Nothing wrong with that. Would any of you cheer for Aaron Hernandez if he beats the charges and signs in NY? I wouldn't.

    For the record, my concern with Vick is that he is going to commit too many turnovers. Not with his past.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by AJGunns View Post
    People who speak to imaginary friends get sent to mental wards. People who speak to god should be right alongside of them.
    Did you watch that Ravens playoff run? Ray was pretty inspired with his torn bicep and all. Willed himself and his team to that amazing season finale. I'll take some of those people on my team any day. I played football very briefly, more hockey than anything and playing through pain and being able to lift a team is special.

  9. #89
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,970
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceharper View Post
    So are you equating humans specifically of the child variety with dogs?

    Dogs are food for many parts of the world, children aren't. dont' compare the two please. FFS
    First of all, I'll compare whatever I want to compare. Just as you are. It's called an opinion. Secondly, I was comparing acceptance of behavior and people saying "he's done his time" to crimes. If you apply the logic here, you have to apply it universally. Thus, if anyone "does their time," then those who say Vick is okay should accept that person too, thus the question.

    Clearly, by your reaction, you can't apply the logic universally, only selectively by your moral interpretation. Ergo, Vick did his time because he did what he did to dogs, which you don't consider worthy of compassion, but someone who does something similar to defenseless humans, well that person probably gets a different standard from you, so that person probably can never "serve his time."

    Third, your last argument is quite the mix of logical fallacies straw man. Trying to pretend that a) dogs are "good for many parts of the world, children aren't," therefore they are not alike and any question or discussion about them is therefore invalid is some strange combination of moral equivalence, straw man, and I don't even know what.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I respect the OP for sticking to his principles. Sometimes, a person does/says something so offensive to us as an individual that there is no forgiveness. I think it is uncalled for to rip him for it. Saying he is not a true fan is absurd. He is just taking a hiatus while sticking to his guns. Torturing dogs is more offensive to the OP than his love for the Jets. Nothing wrong with that. Would any of you cheer for Aaron Hernandez if he beats the charges and signs in NY? I wouldn't.

    For the record, my concern with Vick is that he is going to commit too many turnovers. Not with his past.
    It sounds like we shouldn't judge people who don't want Vick, but we should judge those who are judging those who don't want Vick.

    Am I close?

    EDIT:

    I just realized I'm judging someone who judges those who judge those who don't want Vick.

    Now I'm really confused . . .

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalJet View Post
    With the signing of Vick, I am done with this team. Been a fan since a child and this is the line. I have posted before that I would stop supporting the Jets if they signed Vick. I personally will not support this team with him on the roster.

    Thanks JI. Although you are not part of the Jets organization, in an indirect way this site shows support of this team. I don't post too often but I have been a member for many many years and have followed this site from the beginning.

    Wish you all the best.
    image.jpg

  12. #92
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,970
    Quote Originally Posted by CTjetfan52 View Post
    Wow..How's life over in theoretical-land?? How about contrition, absolution and moral redemption? How many mistakes have you made in your life? Sounds to me like 'None". That being the case I can get behind you all the way except for the fact..that...I'm a human being with loads of flaws trying to do a little better every day and hoping and praying that not too many people judge me and kick me to the curb forever.....Did you root for Ray Lewis in his final year with the Ravens as he inspired and willed them to a Super Bowl victory?? I did because I saw the "A Football Life" special on Ray and my feeling is that Ray has made mistakes and has come to some new place in his life...Watch the show...he talks about a moment in prison where he hears the voice (he's describing this to a class at Harvard)....here's the transcript:

    "14 gunshots hit the side of the limo, we drove a little, we got back to the hotel, and the message was on the news, we are looking for black limousine navigator, in connection to a double homicide, two men were brutally stabbed to death. Wow! I was definitely accused of double murder. I was falsely accused of double murder actually. And they arrested me that morning in front of all three of my sons, which is the hardest thing to ever do, is to fight for your freedom in front of your family.

    And the first night I was in jail, a whisper came to my ear and it said, “Can you hear me now?” And that’s the only time, the real time that I heard God that that clearly. I’m always disturbed in my spirit of how people look at me from that incidence, because those families that was affected will never know the truth. And that’s sad, they still didn’t find the people who have done that. They never had an ounce of evidence on me and that’s when I knew, no matter where I was, no matter how low I have been in my life. By any means necessary, I will prove not just to myself, to my family, to my children, to my fans.

    “I got to get something done, because of ya’ll that bold to put my reputation on the line, then I’m as bold as you are to want to fight for it”.

    I'll give Mike Vick the benefit of the me-not-judging-him-doubt.

    The signing makes the team better now. Get DeSean. Go Jets.
    So for you, as long as the team is better, nothing else matters? That's fine, but don't pretend it is anything else.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadFan View Post
    I respect the OP for sticking to his principles. Sometimes, a person does/says something so offensive to us as an individual that there is no forgiveness. I think it is uncalled for to rip him for it. Saying he is not a true fan is absurd. He is just taking a hiatus while sticking to his guns. Torturing dogs is more offensive to the OP than his love for the Jets. Nothing wrong with that. Would any of you cheer for Aaron Hernandez if he beats the charges and signs in NY? I wouldn't.

    For the record, my concern with Vick is that he is going to commit too many turnovers. Not with his past.
    Yeah, M&T Bank stadium was empty for all of the Ravens games after Ray Lewis beat his murder charges. Would OP stop rooting for the JEts if he found one of the concession guys in Metlife stadium had a checkered past? What about an assist coach? what about ball boy? what about punter? Where does OP draw the line?

    I would venture to guess a few current jet players beat a GF/spouse or had some form non-consensual sex in college or after. These are football players, not choir boys.

  14. #94
    Cool. We only want REAL Jet fans here, anyway. Have fun with your next team (go pats?).

    Tapping while talking
    Last edited by McGinley; 03-21-2014 at 09:07 PM.

  15. #95
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceharper View Post
    Why? What did he do that's so egregious.

    People are so funny and at times stupid.

    God forgives yet here we have people holding something against somebody who was already punished, and then turned around for the better.

    I don't know man i'm trying to hold out hope but then people like this crop up.
    Are you seriously asking what he did that was so egregious? Regardless of which side of the debate you're on, the question suggests a certain obliviousness.

  16. #96
    Good riddance.

    Nothing is worse than PETA people like yourself that care more about animals dying than what's happening in places like Syria. Get your priorities straight.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by ROPE View Post
    A team with so many needs and they make sure they have a back up quarterback? Incredibly Jets. Very hard to route for this team. What's the point? The rest of the NFL continuously runs laps around us. I'm out routing for the Jets.
    K. Btw, how does one route for a team?

  18. #98
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,136
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    So would you be cool if the jets signed a different, talented player who had, say, assaulted and tortured a kid?
    No. That would be much worse.

    For the anti-Vick people it is not about dogs versus humans. It is about the mindset. The intent. When someone gets in a car drunk and kills someone it is horrible but it is also an accident. They did not intend to kill someone. Vick and his cohorts carefully planned and schemed their wrongdoings. It went on for years and the only reason why it isn't still going on today is b.c he got caught. It takes an especially cruel person to not only think of such things but to also bring those thoughts to fruition.

    I am not sure that can be rehabilitated.

  19. #99
    Far from it..I consider myself a person who tries to be somewhat morally responsible and non-judgemental. I know..tough to conceive but I just am not interested in judging Mike Vick without knowing the man. For all ANY OF US KNOW...HE MAY BE A TRULY REDEEMED PERSON. MAYBE HE HAS HAD HIS GOD MOMENT AND HAS DECIDED TO REALLY BECOME A BETTER HUMAN BEING. That being said..I'm a Jet fan (and still trying to be somewhat morally upstanding...). I was pissed that Mike Goodson got in trouble last year AFTER "MY" TEAM GAVE HIM A CHANCE. THEN, WHEN HE VANISHED FOR 2 MONTHS AND I REALIZED HE WAS IN REHAB..I THOUGHT..OK...LET'S GIVE HIM ANOTHER CHANCE. HE'S FLAWED BUT TRYING. THEN HE HAD A COUPLE OF GREAT MOMENTS FOR THE TEAM AGAINST THE FALCONS AND I THOUGHT "OK, WHO AM I TO JUDGE"..HE'S TRYING.

  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJETS View Post
    First of all, I'll compare whatever I want to compare. Just as you are. It's called an opinion. Secondly, I was comparing acceptance of behavior and people saying "he's done his time" to crimes. If you apply the logic here, you have to apply it universally. Thus, if anyone "does their time," then those who say Vick is okay should accept that person too, thus the question.

    Clearly, by your reaction, you can't apply the logic universally, only selectively by your moral interpretation. Ergo, Vick did his time because he did what he did to dogs, which you don't consider worthy of compassion, but someone who does something similar to defenseless humans, well that person probably gets a different standard from you, so that person probably can never "serve his time."

    Third, your last argument is quite the mix of logical fallacies straw man. Trying to pretend that a) dogs are "good for many parts of the world, children aren't," therefore they are not alike and any question or discussion about them is therefore invalid is some strange combination of moral equivalence, straw man, and I don't even know what.
    No it isn't applied universally there are levels and scope. The level of scope of torturing dogs does not equal the level of scope of doing the same to children. 1 crime receives fines and some jail time, speaking engagements. another is death penalty or life imprisonment.

    ok you had an opinion but it's wrong. Saddam, hitler, sharon, bush all had opinions and they were all wrong too. mass murderers affected by their opinions. They were wrong just as you are wrong.

    opinions can also be judged.

    no offense, i'm not hatin either.

    peace.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us