Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 589

Thread: See you and thanks for the memories.

  1. #241
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,222
    image.jpgbye. Take care.

  2. #242
    So be it. Can I buy your season tickets and PSL's ?? E-mail me

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalJet View Post
    With the signing of Vick, I am done with this team. Been a fan since a child and this is the line. I have posted before that I would stop supporting the Jets if they signed Vick. I personally will not support this team with him on the roster.

    Thanks JI. Although you are not part of the Jets organization, in an indirect way this site shows support of this team. I don't post too often but I have been a member for many many years and have followed this site from the beginning.

    Wish you all the best.
    I root for the name on the front of the Jersery not the back of the Jersey- Good Bye Fair Weather Fan. Bring some white wine spitzers and gray poupon to your Giant tailgate parties.

  4. #244
    Heard on Boomer & Carton that someone started a facebook page to boycott the Jets and Vick. Close to 10k likes or whatever already. Supposedly, they've got people taking pictures of their dogs with signs around their neck that have anti-Jet messages on them.

    Meanwhile, the Jets are all like "LOL U MAD BRO?".

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Heard on Boomer & Carton that someone started a facebook page to boycott the Jets and Vick. Close to 10k likes or whatever already. Supposedly, they've got people taking pictures of their dogs with signs around their neck that have anti-Jet messages on them.

    Meanwhile, the Jets are all like "LOL U MAD BRO?".
    I wonder how many hits the "Boycott Eagles and Vick" page got.

    Or if it even exists . . .

  6. #246
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,361
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I wonder how many hits the "Boycott Eagles and Vick" page got.

    Or if it even exists . . .
    247 "likes." That's nothing; we got this!

  7. #247
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    1,538
    there are enough fans in the tri state area where a few who decide to boycott won't affect them . Curious if after the year is up and Vick is not resigned if those boycotting will return . Kinda makes no sense because we don't like the organization for doing this but after a year all is forgotten

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Heard on Boomer & Carton that someone started a facebook page to boycott the Jets and Vick. Close to 10k likes or whatever already. Supposedly, they've got people taking pictures of their dogs with signs around their neck that have anti-Jet messages on them.

    Meanwhile, the Jets are all like "LOL U MAD BRO?".
    I was reading some of the facebook comments after the Vick signing and 95% of the negative comments were from women and 90% of them were probably never Jets fans. They were just coming in to bash Vick. That Facebook page to boycott the Jets is probably 90 percent women.

  9. #249
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    I root for the name on the front of the Jersery not the back of the Jersey
    A very common sentiment. Seems most fans are happy to check their ethics at the door when it comes to sports, or simply lack the ethics in the first place.

    A murderer was the face of the league and a hall of famer. A rapist the most popular guy in Pittsburgh. A rapist the longserving popular kicker in Oakland. A DUI/Manslaugher WR was popular for a while. Vick remains popular despire the systematic torture and sadistic killing of dogs. This is not a short list.

    The only guy who seems to have missed out on this are retired guys who can no longer produce....like OJ Simpson for example.

    Still, I think ~75% of fans today would want a in-his-prime OJ on the team, even after the trial and aquittal. Maybe even 90%.

    Someone said it earlier, and it seems true...."if they can help my team win, I don't care what they do off the field".

    Good Bye Fair Weather Fan.
    It's hardly being a "Fair Weather Fan" to boycott/protest now.

    Fairweather Fans leave when times are bad or a team loses or is on a downward trend. They show back up when it wins.

    The 2014 Jets are looking (with the moves thus far, the cap space remaining, and the number of draft picks in a deep talent draft) to be one of the best, on-paper, teams the Jets have fielded in years.

    A fan who truly does boycott is most assuredly not being "fair weather" in doing so. Cutting off their nose to spite their face is more like it, abandoning what could be a VERY good team/year over their beliefs.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    I was reading some of the facebook comments after the Vick signing and 95% of the negative comments were from women and 90% of them were probably never Jets fans. They were just coming in to bash Vick. That Facebook page to boycott the Jets is probably 90 percent women.
    Probably. I doubt many are Jet fans. I'd guess that the majority are, again, women and animal rights activists. What I don't understand is why it has to be an anti-Jet thing. I mean, it's not like the Jets killed those dogs. It was one dude from years ago who has been on the team for all of 5 minutes. I'd be willing to bet that plenty Patriots/Bills/Fins fans are involved in that group.

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    A very common sentiment. Seems most fans are happy to check their ethics at the door when it comes to sports, or simply lack the ethics in the first place.

    A murderer was the face of the league and a hall of famer. A rapist the most popular guy in Pittsburgh. A rapist the longserving popular kicker in Oakland. A DUI/Manslaugher WR was popular for a while. Vick remains popular despire the systematic torture and sadistic killing of dogs. This is not a short list.

    The only guy who seems to have missed out on this are retired guys who can no longer produce....like OJ Simpson for example.

    Still, I think ~75% of fans today would want a in-his-prime OJ on the team, even after the trial and aquittal. Maybe even 90%.

    Someone said it earlier, and it seems true...."if they can help my team win, I don't care what they do off the field".



    It's hardly being a "Fair Weather Fan" to boycott/protest now.

    Fairweather Fans leave when times are bad or a team loses or is on a downward trend. They show back up when it wins.

    The 2014 Jets are looking (with the moves thus far, the cap space remaining, and the number of draft picks in a deep talent draft) to be one of the best, on-paper, teams the Jets have fielded in years.

    A fan who truly does boycott is most assuredly not being "fair weather" in doing so. Cutting off their nose to spite their face is more like it, abandoning what could be a VERY good team/year over their beliefs.
    I just don't like the idea of turning on guys like Mo, Shel Rich, Mangold, Folk, Brick, etc. all because of what happened in Vick's past. It's making someone else pay for somebody else's sin. And, yes, I know it doesn't actually hurt them or anything, but you get my point.

  12. #252
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,955
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I just don't like the idea of turning on guys like Mo, Shel Rich, Mangold, Folk, Brick, etc. all because of what happened in Vick's past. It's making someone else pay for somebody else's sin. And, yes, I know it doesn't actually hurt them or anything, but you get my point.
    I do.

    As I said earlier, the single most convincing argument (to me) is the utter and absolute futillity of a individuals boycott.

    The only person harmed is the offended fan who loses out (and as a bonus, gets all the undistilled hatred of their fellow fans in a place like this) completely on something thy love and enjoy.

    It's a compelling and logical argument.

  13. #253
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    LI
    Posts
    20,375
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    A very common sentiment. Seems most fans are happy to check their ethics at the door when it comes to sports, or simply lack the ethics in the first place.

    A murderer was the face of the league and a hall of famer. A rapist the most popular guy in Pittsburgh. A rapist the longserving popular kicker in Oakland. A DUI/Manslaugher WR was popular for a while. Vick remains popular despire the systematic torture and sadistic killing of dogs. This is not a short list.

    The only guy who seems to have missed out on this are retired guys who can no longer produce....like OJ Simpson for example.

    Still, I think ~75% of fans today would want a in-his-prime OJ on the team, even after the trial and aquittal. Maybe even 90%.

    Someone said it earlier, and it seems true...."if they can help my team win, I don't care what they do off the field".



    It's hardly being a "Fair Weather Fan" to boycott/protest now.

    Fairweather Fans leave when times are bad or a team loses or is on a downward trend. They show back up when it wins.

    The 2014 Jets are looking (with the moves thus far, the cap space remaining, and the number of draft picks in a deep talent draft) to be one of the best, on-paper, teams the Jets have fielded in years.

    A fan who truly does boycott is most assuredly not being "fair weather" in doing so. Cutting off their nose to spite their face is more like it, abandoning what could be a VERY good team/year over their beliefs.
    I'm not getting part of this. Yes he did something very bad.

    However, unlike Ray Lewis, he admitted it, served his time, is contrite, and is trying to make amends. How much more does he have to go through while Ray Lewis gets a broadcasting job?

  14. #254
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,955
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I'm not getting part of this. Yes he did something very bad.

    However, unlike Ray Lewis, he admitted it, served his time, is contrite, and is trying to make amends. How much more does he have to go through while Ray Lewis gets a broadcasting job?
    A. We're not talking abour Ray Lewis, or anyone else, and it's not a "who can do the worst thing" competition. Straw Men arguments don't interest me.

    B. Why does "admitting it" after he was caught red handed and being prosecuted, "serving his time" which he had no choice in and clearly at that time felt was wrongful persecution of him (i.e. he did not belive what he did was wrong), having a PR firm help him display being "contritie" so he can back in the image-conscious NFL, and tossing a few hundred or thousand bucks (of his multi-millions) to a charity to "make ammends" mandate that I, as a free thinking person, forgive him and support him and maybe bake him cookies?

    My ethics tell me some acts are unforgiveable. I'm sure so do yours. We may only differ in what those acts are.

    Or it's certainly possible your faith requires you to "forgive", which frankly I would question as being real forgiveness if your God says you have to.

    I don't believe he's contrite or that he's made amends, I think he did what he had to and what he was told to do so he could make tens of millions of dollars again. Even if I did believe he was truly sorry for what he did, his act, in my view, is unforgiveable.

    As with every free-thinking person, it'll be up to each individual to decide if they can support Vick or not. Or support the team but not Vick. Or not support at all.

  15. #255
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I'm not getting part of this. Yes he did something very bad.

    However, unlike Ray Lewis, he admitted it, served his time, is contrite, and is trying to make amends. How much more does he have to go through while Ray Lewis gets a broadcasting job?
    Ray Lewis is a POS. So is the Pittsburgh rapist, and the others.

    How do I root for my teams QB with my wife and kids, with our 3 dogs sitting in the room with us. Then I say, "yes, he did some really bad things, but he plays for us now, so it's ok". I don't care if other people disagree with me, I can't root for that. It would be easier to push under the rug if he wasn't the QB, the face of the team, and he is going to start.

    And how am I a fair weather fan? I remember the 3-13 season, followed by 1-15. I remember Roger Vick, chanting (hung over at the time) "We want Sapp" only to get a blocking tight end. I remember Blair Thomas' fumble which ruined the last chance he had at a career. I even remember my idol Joe Klecko blowing out his knee over and over, and trying to come back. If I stopped watching then, that would be a fair weather fan.

  16. #256
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    A. We're not talking abour Ray Lewis, or anyone else, and it's not a "who can do the worst thing" competition. Straw Men arguments don't interest me.

    B. Why does "admitting it" after he was caught red handed and being prosecuted, "serving his time" which he had no choice in and clearly at that time felt was wrongful persecution of him (i.e. he did not belive what he did was wrong), having a PR firm help him display being "contritie" so he can back in the image-conscious NFL, and tossing a few hundred or thousand bucks (of his multi-millions) to a charity to "make ammends" mandate that I, as a free thinking person, forgive him and support him and maybe bake him cookies?

    My ethics tell me some acts are unforgiveable. I'm sure so do yours. We may only differ in what those acts are.

    Or it's certainly possible your faith requires you to "forgive", which frankly I would question as being real forgiveness if your God says you have to.

    I don't believe he's contrite or that he's made amends, I think he did what he had to and what he was told to do so he could make tens of millions of dollars again. Even if I did believe he was truly sorry for what he did, his act, in my view, is unforgiveable.

    As with every free-thinking person, it'll be up to each individual to decide if they can support Vick or not. Or support the team but not Vick. Or not support at all.
    That is my thinking. He was sorry after he was caught. A man who happily tortures animals is not sorry for it. He is sorry he got caught. It's not even just the dog fighting, but what he did to the animals that he wasn't happy with.

  17. #257
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    A. We're not talking abour Ray Lewis, or anyone else, and it's not a "who can do the worst thing" competition. Straw Men arguments don't interest me.

    B. Why does "admitting it" after he was caught red handed and being prosecuted, "serving his time" which he had no choice in and clearly at that time felt was wrongful persecution of him (i.e. he did not belive what he did was wrong), having a PR firm help him display being "contritie" so he can back in the image-conscious NFL, and tossing a few hundred or thousand bucks (of his multi-millions) to a charity to "make ammends" mandate that I, as a free thinking person, forgive him and support him and maybe bake him cookies?

    My ethics tell me some acts are unforgiveable. I'm sure so do yours. We may only differ in what those acts are.

    Or it's certainly possible your faith requires you to "forgive", which frankly I would question as being real forgiveness if your God says you have to.

    I don't believe he's contrite or that he's made amends, I think he did what he had to and what he was told to do so he could make tens of millions of dollars again. Even if I did believe he was truly sorry for what he did, his act, in my view, is unforgiveable.
    ll.
    Very true Fish some people find what Vick did unforgiveable but have no problem with the 54,559,615 million abortions since 1973.. Your right it all depends on one's individual ethics..

  18. #258
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Very true Fish some people find what Vick did unforgiveable but have no problem with the 54,559,615 million abortions since 1973.. Your right it all depends on one's individual ethics..
    Perfect example of a straw man, off-topic argument.

    Want to talk about abortion, great, start a thread in the Poli-Sci section and I'll be happy to reply.

    Trying to equivocate Vick with Abortion is just rediculous. The two things have nothing whatsoever to do with each other. Support for one does not equate to support for the other, disdain for one does not equate to disdain for the other, and the ethical questions involved are completely different.

    Why is there this overiding desire to play the "Well, this other guy did this other thing and plays for some other team, so does THAT bother you" game?

    Vick is a Jet. He systematicly killed dogs in a torturous and horrific way for fun and profit. Is it so mucc to ask we keep the debate on that, and not on if the ethnic cleansing of Albanians by Turkey in 1915 means we can't root for a Turkish player today?

  19. #259
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    43,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Perfect example of a straw man, off-topic argument.

    Want to talk about abortion, great, start a thread in the Poli-Sci section and I'll be happy to reply.

    Trying to equivocate Vick with Abortion is just rediculous. The two things have nothing whatsoever to do with each other. Support for one does not equate to support for the other, disdain for one does not equate to disdain for the other, and the ethical questions involved are completely different.

    Why is there this overiding desire to play the "Well, this other guy did this other thing and plays for some other team, so does THAT bother you" game?

    Vick is a Jet. He systematicly killed dogs in a torturous and horrific way for fun and profit. Is it so mucc to ask we keep the debate on that, and not on if the ethnic cleansing of Albanians by Turkey in 1915 means we can't root for a Turkish player today?
    Easy big guy I was talking about personal ethic's and agreeing with you..

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceharper View Post
    So are you equating humans specifically of the child variety with dogs?

    Dogs are food for many parts of the world, children aren't. dont' compare the two please. FFS
    Ever heard of cannibalism?? If you don't think there are people starving around the world who eat children (Alive or dead) just to survive you could quite possibly be the most ignorant person in the world.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us