Page 18 of 86 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 1708

Thread: DeSean Jackson **merged** RELEASED

  1. #341
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,947
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Bill Belichick got Revis knowing we wouldn't get more than 1 significant WR this off-season. I don't consider Marquise Lee significant - Brandon Browner can handle Marquise Lee.
    He knows the future?? I wonder if he's good at lottery picks?? BB is looking at Denver not the Jets..LOL

  2. #342
    I just want to know this out of curiosity. There are some reports that say that Jackson took his anger towards the FO out onto the field and dogged it a bit. I don't recall ever seeing him dog it in an Eagles game that I watched.

  3. #343
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    I don't think Jackson's contract is the problem. I think the problem is that if you pick up Jackson, you're spending close to $20 million on the WR position.

    If Jackson was going to get paid $8 million/year, then I think Idzik would be all over that.
    Deckers contract counts 4.5 mill on the 2014 salary cap.

  4. #344
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I just want to know this out of curiosity. There are some reports that say that Jackson took his anger towards the FO out onto the field and dogged it a bit. I don't recall ever seeing him dog it in an Eagles game that I watched.
    82 catches for 1,332 yards and 9 tds (two of which came against Revis)

    If that's dogging it I would love to see Desean Jackson dog it for us next season like that.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I just want to know this out of curiosity. There are some reports that say that Jackson took his anger towards the FO out onto the field and dogged it a bit. I don't recall ever seeing him dog it in an Eagles game that I watched.
    82 catches for 1,332 yards and 9 tds (two of which came against Revis)

    If that's dogging it I would love to see Desean Jackson dog it for us next season like that.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Did the Eagles ask for a 5th rd pick?? They are in so hurry to dump him they can wait till after the draft for a team that didn't get what they wanted and may be interested then..
    Correct. However, imo, I think Philly would like to move Jax before the draft so they can use they draft to address wr if Jax is no longer on the team. Also, by continuing this battle in the press, Jax becomes more of a problem in the locker room. I can't see Philly holding on to him that long.

  7. #347
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    At 10 mil per, DeSean Jackson or any other WR can be someone else's problem. I can see paying an OC that kind of money or an OT or LBer or DE or NT, but not any other position player unless we're talking about a QB. That's why you always take the BPA early regardless of position so you don't have to pay some gimoke who had a decent season in his contract yr because some other team wants to overpay.

    Case in point, Austin Howard..

  8. #348
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJames View Post
    Can someone explain the Djax contract?

    My understanding is that there are 3 years left at 11 per year or so. But there is no more guaranteed money or dead cap space of cut. So essentially its a 1 year deal and the Jets have a 2 1 year options for 11 mil each year. If he works out this year, great, keep him for 2015. If not, cut him. Thats not worth a 5th round pick?
    Most of the Idzik apologists will not admit what you said to be true. In fact, they will not address it because is well thought out and has great logic.

    Of course, D-Jax is worth a 5th or 4th or even a 3rd round pick. He's an elite, primetime and special player. His contract is a beautiful thing. None of it is guaranteed and as such would not hurt our future cap if we chose to release him. We would hold all the cards with d-jax. Thats why he is unhappy with his contract because it is very team friendly.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    Correct. However, imo, I think Philly would like to move Jax before the draft so they can use they draft to address wr if Jax is no longer on the team. Also, by continuing this battle in the press, Jax becomes more of a problem in the locker room. I can't see Philly holding on to him that long.
    I'm sure Philly would also like to get Jax out of the NFC if possible.

  10. #350
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Most of the Idzik apologists will not admit what you said to be true. In fact, they will not address it because is well thought out and has great logic.

    Of course, D-Jax is worth a 5th or 4th or even a 3rd round pick. He's an elite, primetime and special player. His contract is a beautiful thing. None of it is guaranteed and as such would not hurt our future cap if we chose to release him. We would hold all the cards with d-jax. Thats why he is unhappy with his contract because it is very team friendly.
    The same way Rex throws his weight around to get defensive players he wants it's pretty obvious Marty Morhinweg is doing the same thing right now for offense. I got a funny feeling we end up with Desean Jackson which would make the Vick signing a little more digestable for me.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Just get in the tournament and crazy things happen. We're not winning the division while Brady is there, anyway.
    How do you know?
    If we pick up DJax the offense will be like night & day from last year. We still have the best Dline in the AFC which counts for something in NFL games.
    The Giants won 2 Super Bowls with a great Dline, no names in the secondary & some lucky offensive plays.
    Get in the damn tournament in this league & anything can happen!
    Are you telling me that any team would feel real comfortable playing Mike Vick, DJax, Decker, Kerley, Ebron?, Ivory & our Defense in a 1 game elimination?
    I really hope that Idzik isn't throwing the towel in on 2014 because you ain't getting far with a rookie starting receiver, and Nelson & Hill are 4th receivers.

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    What makes you say that? Revis was out there for less than a day, if he wanted more money he could have gotten more than 7 mill now an 5 mill in March of 2015. The pats did not out bid anyone, they offered what he needed to play for a contender for one year. You make it sound like the pats were the high bidder in multiple offers.
    Nobody else was giving a diminished Revis more than 12 mil guaranteed with no franchise tag option and the ability to opt out after a year and hit the open market again.

    Pats got a good player but got absolutely fleeced in negotiations, and bid against themselves.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #353
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I just want to know this out of curiosity. There are some reports that say that Jackson took his anger towards the FO out onto the field and dogged it a bit. I don't recall ever seeing him dog it in an Eagles game that I watched.
    You honestly think he would try that with Vick around??

  14. #354
    All League
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Gainesville, FL
    Posts
    4,310
    Jackson and Decker as our #1 and 2?? With Kerley in the slot?

    Sign me up!

  15. #355
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    37,074
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGnW View Post
    Jackson and Decker as our #1 and 2?? With Kerley in the slot?

    Sign me up!
    Sign me up too....but only if Jackson is in the $8M or less vicinity.

    And if we somehow acquire Jackson I think we're going CB....again....in Round 1.

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    82 catches for 1,332 yards and 9 tds (two of which came against Revis)

    If that's dogging it I would love to see Desean Jackson dog it for us next season like that.
    1 of which.....Revis was in zone coverage on the other TD, and DeSean wasn't his responsibility.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Nobody else was giving a diminished Revis more than 12 mil guaranteed with no franchise tag option and the ability to opt out after a year and hit the open market again.

    Pats got a good player but got absolutely fleeced in negotiations, and bid against themselves.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Revis camp claims they had over 26 teams calling them. LOL at thinking that no other teams were willing to pony up for a "diminished" Revis. You think he would have signed for 4/32 or something?

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The Revis camp claims they had over 26 teams calling them. LOL at thinking that no other teams were willing to pony up for a "diminished" Revis. You think he would have signed for 4/32 or something?
    "LOL" you actually believe anything Revis's camp says. Who cares how many people contacted him. Enjoy losing to Denver again.

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The Revis camp claims they had over 26 teams calling them. LOL at thinking that no other teams were willing to pony up for a "diminished" Revis. You think he would have signed for 4/32 or something?
    It's adorable that you're at the honeymoon stage where you think Revis' agents are credible sources.

    Enjoy our sloppy seconds, bub.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by ASG0531 View Post
    The Revis camp claims they had over 26 teams calling them. LOL at thinking that no other teams were willing to pony up for a "diminished" Revis. You think he would have signed for 4/32 or something?
    You are such a tool, fool or both! If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell you. Common sense should tell you that 26 teams didn't have the cap space to acquire Revis. Furthermore, if that was the case, then Revis agents engaged in professional malpractice by signing so quickly with the Pats and Revis getting 25% less. They did that because NE was the only team willing to pay Revis $12m this year and the phony $20m next season which means Revis will become a FA again. Yes, NE bid against themselves, troll.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us