Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1708

Thread: DeSean Jackson **merged** RELEASED

  1. #21
    I don't want the Jets offering more than a 4th, I think Philly takes that deal.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I don't want the Jets offering more than a 4th, I think Philly takes that deal.
    I think they'll take TB's 4th, not our 4th. Which I wouldn't have a problem with.

  3. #23
    Decker + Vick + Jackson - Sanchez - Homes =

    Please bring in D. Jackson I like it

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    9,130
    If the Jets acquire both Vick and then DJax, what will I have left to razz my sister the Iggles fan about? No more low life scum indolent problem child players there!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    3rd rounder should do it. Anybody saying "he'll blow up the cap!" doesn't realize that he'll also be worth what he'll be getting paid. He'll stretch the field and complement both strong armed QBs we have on the roster now as well as open up lanes for Cumberland, Decker, and Kerley.

    His contract has 3 years, including 2014 remaining. His cap hit is $12.5 this year and $12 next year, but even after you sign your rookies this year, you're still sitting at some $10M under the cap.

    How do you not do this Idzik? He's exactly what we need. If he does well, extend him next year and make him your guy and move that cap hit along. I doubt he'll fight Rex or Idzik if he's expected to play this season under his current contract. It's not like he's underpaid.
    Its not a question of if, just when. His cap numbers are actually better than you stated. $10.5 this year, $9.5 the next two. None of it is guaranteed, so we would most likely restructure his deal. Front load it since we have the room. If this doesnt happen, I would be surprised. Most likely will be for a 4th and a conditional 5th next year if hes on the team. Similar trade to the revis deal. Its a no brainer.

  6. #26
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,878
    why the hell not..... go get em Idzyyy!

  7. #27
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    3,676
    I was all on board with the frugal approach, but eff it; let's go get him.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    my only hope is he doesn't keep #10 to remind us all of Holmes.


    EDIT: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...rs-trade-talks

    doesn't say it other then in the title, but it makes you think the panthers/eagles are actively working for a trade.

    i hope idzik isn't "working on his own time" with this one and has some urgency.
    http://instagram.com/p/l0idX8ONvs/

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,962
    A trade for Desean, love him or hate him, gives the Jets a lot more options come the draft. If needed, they could address CB in round 1 and go TE in Round 2(or vice versa) and field a pretty largely improved offensive team and a defensive unit that could be strong again.

  10. #30
    Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    27,478
    Talent-wise, he's easily worth a 3rd. A 1st actually. But that contract is hefty, and he supposedly wants more.

  11. #31
    By trading for DJ, Jets would be able set themselves up nicely for the draft and the secondary release of veterans before training camp. It's only money JI and would not impair their ability next year either. Lastly, it would get everyone off Idzik's back.

  12. #32
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,841
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post
    A trade for Desean, love him or hate him, gives the Jets a lot more options come the draft. If needed, they could address CB in round 1 and go TE in Round 2(or vice versa) and field a pretty largely improved offensive team and a defensive unit that could be strong again.
    Imagine the offense with decker/jackson/kerley at WR and ebron at TE?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    3rd rounder should do it.
    The article says the Eagles are hoping to get a 3rd rounder. Usually whenever the round is mentioned, the actual deal is plus one round. I bet this happens with the Jets giving up their 4th.

    Really concerned about his character though. It's not the cap room (we have it) but rather the precedent his contract is going to set when it comes time to sign our young guys.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #34
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,442
    Question? Do we have to spend to the cap floor this season? I read some weird rule about that the other day.....

  15. #35
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    9,130
    Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    By trading for DJ, Jets would be able set themselves up nicely for the draft and the secondary release of veterans before training camp. It's only money JI and would not impair their ability next year either. Lastly, it would get everyone off Idzik's back.
    How would it not impair their ability next year?

  16. #36
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Un-Pleasantville
    Posts
    6,758
    Who gives a crap which 3rd we give for this guy-worth it for a game changer

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,304
    Honestly, I would rather leave this guy where he is and draft Brandin Cooks.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by yayankee View Post
    By trading for DJ, Jets would be able set themselves up nicely for the draft and the secondary release of veterans before training camp. It's only money JI and would not impair their ability next year either. Lastly, it would get everyone off Idzik's back.
    Why does it matter if anyone is on his back? He does not care at all if people r posting negative comments on a forum

  19. #39
    This really is a no brainer. You get him at a good cap number for a premier WR over the next 3 seasons and it may only cost a 4th. There is no WR in the draft that will put up the numbers in their rookie season that DJax put up last year. And I know that b/c only 7 drafted WR's in the last 20 years cracked 1000 yards in their rookie season. So for a 4th round pick it's not a heavy investment and if it doesn't work out there is no guaranteed money in his deal so we could release him with no cost besides a 4th round pick which is a crapshoot anyway.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by BradySmugglesPickles View Post
    This really is a no brainer. You get him at a good cap number for a premier WR over the next 3 seasons and it may only cost a 4th. There is no WR in the draft that will put up the numbers in their rookie season that DJax put up last year. And I know that b/c only 7 drafted WR's in the last 20 years cracked 1000 yards in their rookie season. So for a 4th round pick it's not a heavy investment and if it doesn't work out there is no guaranteed money in his deal so we could release him with no cost besides a 4th round pick which is a crapshoot anyway.
    That deal with no guaranteed money? Yeah he's unhappy with it and wants a new deal. So we'd be giving up a 4th plus giving this guy a brand new contract at probably an astronomical rate.

    I'd love to have him, but not at some crazy value where even then he's still a holdout threat.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us