Page 26 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Thread: DeSean Jackson **merged** RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    I don't think he intentionally made those comments to send a message to Idzik.
    But his comments about winning now and patience are interesting.Its kind of a statement on his desire for impact players to be brought in.They cost big bucks.
    Dude you literally just said before it was a message to idzik. Your exact words below....

"it was a message to Idzik to get him a difference maker. Nobodys going to trade for a player who's going to be released. Im sure we tried to trade Sanchez nobody bit."

Quote Originally Posted by patsfanken View Post
    Wrong again Hitman - The eagles have NEVER come out officially and have said they are looking trade DJackson. Even more simply no team official, let alone the freakin' owner, is supposed to "express interest" and any player currently under contract to another organization.....PERIOD. Its one thing for the media to speculate, its another for the OWNER to come out and covet another teams' player.

Now I understand that nothing will come of it, since the league is run by a Jet fan; but still, Hitman, even you have to see that Woody's comment was unnecessary and embarrassing. Unfortunately, I'm sure Jet fans aren't shocked by it.
    This is complete CRAP

The Eagles are the team trying to move Jackson, they are initiating the talks, you are a clown troll with your typical agenda spewing **** against a wall until it sticks, but you continue to fail miserably!

it's really amazing what fans think they know
    how delusional do you have to be to sit back and believe with conviction that u know anything about how the jets do business, what meetings take place, what the FO and the owner thinks etc... etc...
    i mean seriously, some people take being a fan a little far in their own head

Quote Originally Posted by brol79 View Post
    Dude you literally just said before it was a message to idzik. Your exact words below....

"it was a message to Idzik to get him a difference maker. Nobodys going to trade for a player who's going to be released. Im sure we tried to trade Sanchez nobody bit."
    I know I said that and I think indirectly it was. He was speaking about the wait till nect year stuff and sounded like he was tired of being patient.To me thats a medsage it Idzik to get this guy here if it will help us. It was not a comment meant to directly critizise Idzik.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    it's really amazing what fans think they know
    how delusional do you have to be to sit back and believe with conviction that u know anything about how the jets do business, what meetings take place, what the FO and the owner thinks etc... etc...
    i mean seriously, some people take being a fan a little far in their own head
    Dude this is just conjecture.
    If I was that arrogant I'd be telling everybody else they don't know what they're saying. Which wouldn't be true.

Not sure how credible, but I came across these tweets

DYST Now ‏@DYST_Now 30m
    UPDATE: Jets still pushing to get Eagles WR DeSean Jackson but Philly will only accept a 3rd round draft pick or higher. Jets are budging.
    DYST Now ‏@DYST_Now 29m
    CONT. Source tells us Jets will most likely budge and give in to Philly's wants and acquire DeSean Jackson.
    DYST Now ‏@DYST_Now 6m
    Word is Jets are willing to give Tampa Bay's 4th round draft pick and their 5th rounder for DeSean Jackson. Eagles aren't biting though.

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    If I were idzik I'd give em the 3rd IF I am able to negotiate with DJax before the trade is finalized. If he is an ass and wants ridiculous money I bail.

Who is that? Is it that the Shefter wannabe college student ?

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Who is that? Is it that the Shefter wannabe college student ?
    It's a sports newspaper from Syracuse University. Doesn't sound super reliable. Until it's on NFL Network or ESPN, I won't believe it.

Apparently, they were the 1st to break the Decker signing.

Still not completely sold though

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    DYST Now ‏@DYST_Now 6m
    Word is Jets are willing to give Tampa Bay's 4th round draft pick and their 5th rounder for DeSean Jackson. Eagles aren't biting though.

Apparently, they were the 1st to break the Decker signing.

Still not completely sold though
    No way Idzik gives up 2 draft picks a 4th & a 5th rounder for Jackson....not in a million years.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by ARodFLKeysJetsFan View Post
    No way Idzik gives up 2 draft picks....not in a million years.
    I could see it.

We gave up a 4th for Chris Ivory and we're going to have 12 picks this year.

Still leaves us with 10 even if we make the trade.

No way Idzik gives up 2 draft picks....not in a million years.
    Yeah I agree…I think it will be a 3rd and he might try to recoup it by trading down.

Jets Insider VIP
    They have to do this. He's a real talented player. Our wr corps would go from the worst to very good instantly.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I could see it.

We gave up a 4th for Chris Ivory and we're going to have 12 picks this year.

Still leaves us with 10 even if we make the trade.
    I can't imagine Idzik giving up 2 draft picks & inheriting a 30 million dollar salary.

I could be wrong but I highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    If I were idzik I'd give em the 3rd IF I am able to negotiate with DJax before the trade is finalized. If he is an ass and wants ridiculous money I bail.
    We should be able to acquire his rights in order to negotiate salary, rather than acquire his contract. Like in Hockey.

Jets Insider VIP
    I can't imagine Idzik giving up 2 draft picks & inheriting a 30 million dollar salary.

I could be wrong but I highly doubt it.
    I just don't see why it's so hard to believe that we'd be willing to give up a 3rd, but not a 4th and 5th.

No way Idzik gives up 2 draft picks a 4th & a 5th rounder for Jackson....not in a million years.

Thankfully Woody is running the show and not Idzik. Idzik does not have the balls to take a risk. Woody has seen enough of the john idzik nonsense.

We'd be getting a 4th and a 5th in comp picks anyway, so it's not really that much of a loss