Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: DeSean Jackson **merged** RELEASED

All Pro
    Vick and DJax have the same agent, Joel Segal.......just throwing it out there....

Quote Originally Posted by BradySmugglesPickles View Post
    This really is a no brainer. You get him at a good cap number for a premier WR over the next 3 seasons and it may only cost a 4th. There is no WR in the draft that will put up the numbers in their rookie season that DJax put up last year. And I know that b/c only 7 drafted WR's in the last 20 years cracked 1000 yards in their rookie season. So for a 4th round pick it's not a heavy investment and if it doesn't work out there is no guaranteed money in his deal so we could release him with no cost besides a 4th round pick which is a crapshoot anyway.
    I still want to draft one of the WR prospects. I doubt we will. Were going to see CB drafted #1 again

Just Posted on DJax Instagram acct

jaccpot10
    4 minutes ago
    7&10 continued !!

DeSean Jackson posting a lot of 7 & 10 videos

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by sevomd View Post
    jaccpot10
    4 minutes ago
    7&10 continued !!
    Yea looks like DJax threw up a couple of 7&10 videos on his instagram. A subliminal for sure.

All League
    https://twitter.com/DeseanJackson10

doing a lot of vick reminiscing right now...

don't want him for the same reason I thought miami was making a mistake in giving that ridiculous contract to mike wallace. if you gonna give 10-12m per year to a receiver, he's gotta be a true dominant #1 a la calvin johnson, aj green, julio jones, D thomas, etc...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    https://twitter.com/DeseanJackson10

doing a lot of vick reminiscing right now...
    I think we're trading for him. I'm convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I think we're trading for him. I'm convinced.
    Lol DeSean Jackson is hilarious.

Now he just posted a pic with he & Marcel Reece.

So in the past day, he posted pics of he & Cam Newton (Panthers)
    7&10 vids (Mike Vick- Jets)
    Pic with Marcel Reece (Raiders)

All 3 top candidates to acquire him.

EDIT: The player is Marcel Reece (of the Raiders)
    Last edited by DowNY; 03-22-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post

Now he just posted a pic with he & a player currently from the Raiders.

Pic with Raiders' player (Raiders)

LOL such an *******

i hope he does come here tho

i mean he posted a ton of vick/jackson stuff so....maybe?

Jets Insider VIP

Now he just posted a pic with he & Marcel Reece.

Pic with Marcel Reece (Raiders)

EDIT: The player is Marcel Reece (of the Raiders)
    He posted more vids with Vick than anyone else, though. It's probably nothing, but where there's smoke...

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    He posted more vids with Vick than anyone else, though. It's probably nothing, but where there's smoke...
    Yeah, because I'm pretty sure his 1st choice would be to play here & be with Vick & MM rather than go to more unknown teams in the Raiders & Panthers. Especially unknown offensively.
    We're pretty close to being set Offensively once Jackson is inserted.

To me, all this tells me is that he's listening to these reports (or he knows what's up behind the scenes) & realize these are the top 3 teams that would most likely acquire him.

Veteran
    Yeah, because I'm pretty sure his 1st choice would be to play here & be with Vick & MM rather than go to more unknown teams in the Raiders & Panthers. Especially unknown offensively.

To me, all this tells me is that he's listening to these reports (or he knows what's up behind the scenes) & realize these are the top 3 teams that would most likely acquire him.
    I don't think Carolina has the cap space to make this kinda move.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsMakeMeCry View Post
    don't want him for the same reason I thought miami was making a mistake in giving that ridiculous contract to mike wallace. if you gonna give 10-12m per year to a receiver, he's gotta be a true dominant #1 a la calvin johnson, aj green, julio jones, D thomas, etc...
    Agreed. Think Jackson is a game changer in the same sense that Holmes was. Very dangerous player with breakaway speed, but he is not one of those freaks that you mentioned that can be borderline unstoppable. Those rare talents just don't ever become available in their prime though. So I say we take a shot, it doesn't seem too handcuffing of a deal if its a 3rd or 4th considering his age.

Plus for all the Revis talk, there's this gif:

Given our cap space, need for a playmaker, our abundance of draft picks, the fact that we are in a different conference than the eagles, and his friendship with Vick and knowledge of the system ..

I truly believe he's ours if we want him. MM knows all about jackson so there are no surprises. It's up to Idzik now. I say do it.

Can you imagine going from a rookie QB and david Nelson one year to vick (or an improved geno who beats out vick) and djax and decker??? Plus I love Ivory's upside and Kerley in the slot. Fun to think about.

We need a cb still but there's time.
    Last edited by giddy up; 03-22-2014 at 04:52 AM.

Is DJax a #1 Receiver?

Where would he rank in the list of top receivers in the league?

I see him as a number #1 - but not a top 15 receiver in the NFL - likely in the 20-30 range.

But a team so starved for talent - This team with Djax, Decker, Kerley, - draft Amarro (healthy Goodson)...This is all of a sudden an offense that can actually win games for you...

The defense will be better this year than last

All Pro
    If we could add him for TB's 4th rounder, it's a no brainer.

Revis for S-Rich and DJax...hard to argue with that.

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    with 12 picks......and five players in the first 4 rounds, the jets can still get a quality WR in what is being called the deepest draft in a decade. Vikc coming here was a no brainer and I am sure decker is smiling, but re signing players like colon, Cumberland, folk etc is huge. I look at how cheap Goodson is going to be and you have to believe that he will be highly motivated because the Jets could have easily kicked him to the curve. We need that CB and we should get one who is talented, but look at this squad before the draft. Keep in mind the influx of talent that's going to be in camp. This just bodes well in many ways.vvvg.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I still want to draft one of the WR prospects. I doubt we will. Were going to see CB drafted #1 again

All League
    we do have a #10 jersey available.