Page 35 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1708

Thread: DeSean Jackson **merged** RELEASED

  1. #681
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post
    So Mike Ortiz Jr., the 20 year old community college student, writing for a obscure Syracuse Sports blog, has out scooped Jay Glazer, Adam Schefter, Jason LaCanfora and Ian Rapoport? Amazing! Get him on NFL network asap. I am confused what is sadder, whomever found this or the fact that you are trying to sell it as fact?
    I'm not trying to sell it as fact. But it's all we have right now

  2. #682
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    According to SBNation, they have a "a mixed history of breaking stories, however they were the first to report the Eric Decker signing, so I'll give them some credit."

    It's better than IBob
    , who gets absolutely nothing right, but there is still a bit of trepidation
    He's reporting the Eagles offered DeSean Jackson to us for a 3rd & conditional 2015 pick. LOL

  3. #683
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,671
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Schefter doesn't report speculation, my friend. Schefter reports ONCE A DEAL IS DONE.

    Nowhere has our little pal Mr. Ortiz said anything about anything being a "done deal". He simply stated what an offer was.
    That is not true at all. Schefter reports on possible signings and trades all the time.

  4. #684
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,998
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    http://dystnow.com/2014/03/23/desean...n-to-the-jets/


    Our league source tells us that the Eagles are in discussions with the New York Jets and that a trade is very possible. However, the two sides arenít budging. The current deal offered is reportedly Jackson in exchange for Tampa Bayís fourth round draft pick and the Jets fifth round draft pick. Though the Eagles want a third round draft pick instead.
    Thank you for the link. I'll take it for exactly what it is ... pure speculation by a college student.

  5. #685
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    Schefter doesn't report speculation, my friend. Schefter reports ONCE A DEAL IS DONE.

    Nowhere has our little pal Mr. Ortiz said anything about anything being a "done deal". He simply stated what an offer was.

    Sadly that quote ensures a loss of creditbility on your behalf. Thus, the backers of Mike Ortiz, the community college STUDENT, lack credibilty on all levels.

  6. #686
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I'm not trying to sell it as fact. But it's all we have right now
    That's the problem some fans get jacked up on stories that aren't true then get mad at the FO when what they thought would happen doesn't..

  7. #687
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    That's the problem some fans get jacked up on stories that aren't true then get mad at the FO when what they thought would happen doesn't..
    Yeah, remember that Nick Barlotta kid a couple months ago? lol

    Said Josh Gordon to the Jets was a done deal. People kept reposting his tweets here.
    It like hell when the deadline passed.

  8. #688
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I'm not trying to sell it as fact. But it's all we have right now
    No, I have speculation by credible NFL pundits and the Jets owner stating interest. I am not going to breakdown the validity of 4th and 5th round pick speculations on a blog written by a college kid in east bum-you-know-what New York

  9. #689
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,194
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 3m
    So come to your own conclusions on DeSean, but signs increasingly point to Jackson no longer being an Eagle.
    Wow, talk about "breaking news"...

    Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

  10. #690
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    http://dystnow.com/2014/03/23/desean...n-to-the-jets/


    Our league source tells us that the Eagles are in discussions with the New York Jets and that a trade is very possible. However, the two sides arenít budging. The current deal offered is reportedly Jackson in exchange for Tampa Bayís fourth round draft pick and the Jets fifth round draft pick. Though the Eagles want a third round draft pick instead.

    Don't see Idzik wanting to trade for that contract..... He fills a need.... giving away a 4th and 5th.. hmmm.. We won't get killed for pulling that trigger.. player is only 27yrs old.... but a headache...

  11. #691
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    That is not true at all. Schefter reports on possible signings and trades all the time.
    Agreed. Pretty sure Schefter tweeted out a few days ago that Jared Allen to seahawks was a done deal...

  12. #692
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post
    No, I have speculation by credible NFL pundits and the Jets owner stating interest. I am not going to breakdown the validity of 4th and 5th round pick speculations on a blog written by a college kid in east bum-you-know-what New York
    And that's the problem.. conjectural consideration of a matter; conjecture or surmise: a report based on speculation rather than facts.

  13. #693
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    Yeah, remember that Nick Barlotta kid a couple months ago? lol

    Said Josh Gordon to the Jets was a done deal. People kept reposting his tweets here.
    It like hell when the deadline passed.
    I have a good "source"

    Per a text message "F***** Idzik nedes (sp) to get D JACKMAN caus (sp) the jets o sux and jets ned(sp) to win soon"

    This was sent to me @ 3:38am. The "source" is my drunk and coked brother. He works in the building next to the NFL offices. He must know! Please add this to credible source list along with DYST sports.

  14. #694
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    greenwich village, NYC
    Posts
    8,169
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    How awful of a teammate can DeSean Jackson be if Philly wants to get rid of him for so little?. Our "getting back to be a true team" off season has truly taken a turn with the Vick signing and possible Jackson trade
    If Michael Vick vouches for him he can't be all bad.

    I don't think it's about being a teammate, based on reports. It's about his relationship with Chip Kelly. And they're not just "getting rid" of him. They're getting his massive contract off their roles in a year when they got Darren Sproles and will no doubt grab a WR in the draft on the cheap.

  15. #695
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Green View Post
    4th would be perfect I would go to a 3rd if I had to. Jackson is waaaay better then Holmes ever was so I don't get the comparison between the two (except attitude). We definitely should get this deal done he is a top ten receiver. Jackson, Decker, Keeley equals a scary combination, that would provide Geno with fire power for years to come.
    +1

    I'm really hoping Idzik gets this sh*t done.

  16. #696
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,994
    Quote Originally Posted by brol79 View Post
    Agreed. Pretty sure Schefter tweeted out a few days ago that Jared Allen to seahawks was a done deal...
    Here Scheffer had Gordon going to the 49'ers..LOL

    http://dystnow.com/2013/10/07/josh-g...-san-fransico/

  17. #697
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage69 View Post
    Here Scheffer had Gordon going to the 49'ers..LOL

    http://dystnow.com/2013/10/07/josh-g...-san-fransico/
    Lol this kid seems like he is in the know. Pre-law! And on top of that, he was captain of his varsity baseball team in Seaford! No way! Get this kid an ESPN insider blog!

  18. #698
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,994
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    If Michael Vick vouches for him he can't be all bad.

    I don't think it's about being a teammate, based on reports. It's about his relationship with Chip Kelly. And they're not just "getting rid" of him. They're getting his massive contract off their roles in a year when they got Darren Sproles and will no doubt grab a WR in the draft on the cheap.
    I could have sworn I read a story that Jax loves to drown kittens in a cloth bag in a lake by his house..

  19. #699
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmiekid91 View Post
    Lol this kid seems like he is in the know. Pre-law! And on top of that, he was captain of his varsity baseball team in Seaford! No way! Get this kid an ESPN insider blog!
    LOL...you forgot to mention he coaches youth baseball.

  20. #700
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    LOL...you forgot to mention he coaches youth baseball.
    A solid 2nd place trophy 4 years in a row.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us