Page 36 of 86 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: DeSean Jackson **merged** RELEASED

A kid's age doesn't mean **** these days in the current media infrastructure......Jake Steinberg has broken plenty of stories, clearly has some quality contacts, and the guy is barely out of diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Thankfully Woody is running the show and not Idzik. Idzik does not have the balls to take a risk. Woody has seen enough of the john idzik nonsense.
    Idzik is not scared he's just a very conservative GM. Sometimes the owner has to step in to bring impetus. If Woody pushes the FO to pull the trigger on a 3rd and a late round pick for D-Jax it would be his best moment by far as the Jets owner.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    How awful of a teammate can DeSean Jackson be if Philly wants to get rid of him for so little?. Our "getting back to be a true team" off season has truly taken a turn with the Vick signing and possible Jackson trade
    How is the Vick signing not a "true team" move? They needed a vet QB, to push and compete with Geno..... he was the best on the market. Since his release from prison, he has been a great teammate.... with multiple team sources saying so. So, I don't understand your logic on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Montana View Post
    A kid's age doesn't mean **** these days in the current media infrastructure......Jake Steinberg has broken plenty of stories, clearly has some quality contacts, and the guy is barely out of diapers.
    I believe his father is an agent? Steiny also said CB Verner was coming to the Jets.

Hall Of Fame
    His father is an agent.

i'd love to get DJax, but then i dont know enough about the guys in the draft. the question is...is DJax at 10 million or whatever the number will be, worth more then say Lee, or OBJ at the rookie scale number. i guess thats why Idzik gets the big bucks i will say one thing....we have the cap room, and getting DJax will allow us to go out and draft a CB or TE in round 1...

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Idzik is not scared he's just a very conservative GM. Sometimes the owner has to step in to bring impetus. If Woody pushes the FO to pull the trigger on a 3rd and a late round pick for D-Jax it would be his best moment by far as the Jets owner.
    It is the deepest draft in years for the WR position... Not sure why Jet's would utilize FA and Trades to fill current needs at that position. They would have to deal w/ both DJAX and Decker's contracts.. granted they are both 27 year old players in their prime.... They do have an edge with their OC and Vick to provide feedback relative to DJAX.... I guess if Marty truly feels this guy could be a huge difference maker..

Steiny is pretty reliable for info. The only thing about him I don't like is that every practice squad guy is walking into the Hall of Fame, according to him.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i'd love to get DJax, but then i dont know enough about the guys in the draft. the question is...is DJax at 10 million or whatever the number will be, worth more then say Lee, or OBJ at the rookie scale number. i guess thats why Idzik gets the big bucks i will say one thing....we have the cap room, and getting DJax will allow us to go out and draft a CB or TE in round 1...
    I think we should still draft a WR in the 2-4th round if we trade for DJax....

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    i dont think i would. Decker, DJax, Hill, Kerley...i would go TE (if Ebron falls), LB, CB, S...

Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i dont think i would. Decker, DJax, Hill, Kerley...i would go TE (if Ebron falls), LB, CB, S...
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    If Davante Adams is there in the 2nd, you have to take him.

There's a small rumor going round that the Eagles want a 2nd round pick for him. Fat chance of that

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    There's a small rumor going round that the Eagles want a 2nd round pick for him. Fat chance of that
    in retrospect its still a good deal. hes better than 99 percent of the 2nd rounders out there. id prob do it....

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by lauderdale jet View Post
    in retrospect its still a good deal. hes better than 99 percent of the 2nd rounders out there. id prob do it....
    No damn way

That's going way too far, especially for a guy who could end up getting cut in another week or two.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    If Davante Adams is there in the 2nd, you have to take him.
    Or Kelvin Benjamin.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Do you have a link to Mike Ortiz Jr's Community College blog that states this?

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    No damn way

That's going way too far, especially for a guy who could end up getting cut in another week or two.
    Based on the market for him, yes. But realistically, his value is worth more than a 2nd rounder in that he is young and there is maybe a 1% chance of a 2nd round WR coming into this league and giving you the production D-Jax will give you over the next 3 years. I agree we should be prudent though in light of him possibly being cut. That said, if he ends up somewhere else because we were "gunshy", I am going to be very critical of Idzik for blowing an opportunity to add a dynamic playmaker at what is not a prohibitive cost.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Steiny is pretty reliable for info. The only thing about him I don't like is that every practice squad guy is walking into the Hall of Fame, according to him.
    I'm sure his father (agent) doesn't feed him "info."

I'm pretty firm in saying that if this guy is not playing in Philly next season and he is playing for someone other than the Jets, than Idzik has done a poor job. D-Jax, Decker, Kerley, Nelson is a very formidable receiving group for whomever is playing QB for us.