Page 37 of 86 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: DeSean Jackson **merged** RELEASED

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I'm pretty firm in saying that if this guy is not playing in Philly next season and he is playing for someone other than the Jets, than Idzik has done a poor job. D-Jax, Decker, Kerley, Nelson is a very formidable receiving group for whomever is playing QB for us.
    So how much are you willing to pay him? This is a guy who admittedly dogged a whole season because he was concerned about his contract.

Jets Insider VIP
    Based on the market for him, yes. But realistically, his value is worth more than a 2nd rounder in that he is young and there is maybe a 1% chance of a 2nd round WR coming into this league and giving you the production D-Jax will give you over the next 3 years. I agree we should be prudent though in light of him possibly being cut. That said, if he ends up somewhere else because we were "gunshy", I am going to be very critical of Idzik for blowing an opportunity to add a dynamic playmaker at what is not a prohibitive cost.
    No, his value isn't worth more than a 2nd rounder.

He's a 5'10 180 lb deep threat who likes to constantly b*tch about his money. Not some kind of big framed, all-around receiver who keeps his mouth shut and just does his job like Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, or Larry Fitzgerald.

The absolute highest pick that I'd be willing to deal is our 3rd rounder.

Otherwise, Philly can go f*ck themselves and we'll stick with the original plan of taking Beckham/Lee/Cooks at #18.

Based on the market for him, yes. But realistically, his value is worth more than a 2nd rounder in that he is young and there is maybe a 1% chance of a 2nd round WR coming into this league and giving you the production D-Jax will give you over the next 3 years. I agree we should be prudent though in light of him possibly being cut. That said, if he ends up somewhere else because we were "gunshy", I am going to be very critical of Idzik for blowing an opportunity to add a dynamic playmaker at what is not a prohibitive cost.
    I follow what you are saying... Pro Bowl caliber ... young.. but is he durable? strong character? Probably don't blink at offering a 4th rounder given the contract..

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

He's a 5'10 180 lb deep threat who likes to constantly b*tch about his money. Not some kind of big framed, all-around receiver who keeps his mouth shut and just does his job like Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, or Larry Fitzgerald.

Otherwise, Philly can go f*ck themselves and we'll stick with the original plan of taking Beckham/Lee/Cooks at #18.
    Honestly with this draft a 3rd might be too high for me to like.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I agree, especially now that Philly has lost a bunch of leverage in this whole situation.

Jets Insider VIP
    It's still a little too high for me as well, I'd prefer trading the 4th from Tampa.

But I wouldn't be pissed if Idzik pulled the trigger on the 3rd rounder.

Veteran

Agreed. He is definitely not in CJ's league but I don't think any WR is right now. That being said he falls in the next tier out there which is saying a lot.

JMO

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Me too.

With all the comps we're getting, I'll add a 6th or conditional 2015 pick to our 4th & 5th picks. That's it though.
    Last edited by DowNY; 03-24-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    Me too.

With all the comps we're getting.

I'll add a 6th or conditional 2015 pick to our 4th & 5th picks. That's it though.
    So a 4th, 5th and 6th for DJax?

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    That's too many picks! We can't just be throwing around draft picks like that.

Yeah.
    Better giving up those late pick prospects than a better prospect in the 3rd.

We'd still have a 4th, 5th & probably 2 more 6ths.
    Maybe it's overboard & maybe sub the 6th w/ a 7th but the thing with having all these picks...

All 12 picks (if we keep our picks) most likely won't make the team anyway due to Roster limit.
    We'd have to trade some picks for next draft, trade up w/ some picks or just put a couple in a package for an established player i.e DeSean Jackson.
    Last edited by DowNY; 03-24-2014 at 04:11 PM.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m
    For all the talk about the CBs the Jets didn't land, the player Rex Ryan really wanted was DeMarcus Ware. And Jets didn't make a run at him.

Wanted Ware also.

Hall Of Fame
    Yeah.
    Better giving up those late pick prospects than a better prospect in the 3rd.

We'd still have a 4th, 5th & probably 2 more 6ths.
    Maybe it's overboard & maybe sub the 6th w/ a 7th but the thing with having all these picks...

All 12 picks (if we keep our picks) most likely won't make the team anyway due to Roster limit.
    We'd have to trade some picks for next draft, trade up w/ some picks or just put a couple in a package for an established player i.e DeSean Jackson.
    But those are comp picks which are really like 6th and 7th round picks.

Veteran
    For all the talk about the CBs the Jets didn't land, the player Rex Ryan really wanted was DeMarcus Ware. And Jets didn't make a run at him.

Wanted Ware also.
    Really? So what happen?

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    Really? So what happen?

Broncos overpaid

Wanted Ware also.
    Of course not, the Defense would have been way too good then.

Jets Insider VIP
    Really? So what happen?

What happened?

The Broncos are a legit Superbowl contender and paid him $10 million a year.

That's what happened.

But those are comp picks which are really like 6th and 7th round picks.
    I mean, I guess we'll have to wait til those comps are official.

I had saw a report with projected comps.
    Saw that the Jets may get a 5th & 2 6ths & a 7th.

Which would mean we'd have 2 5ths, 3 6ths & 2 7ths.

With what I proposed above, we'd still have:
    TB's 4th, a 5th, 2 6ths & 2 7ths.

Hall Of Fame
    Really? So what happen?

Ware had no interest in playing for the Jets, at least not without getting grossly overpaid to do so.

What happened?

The Broncos are a legit Superbowl contender and paid him $10 million a year.

That's what happened.
    LOL