Page 38 of 86 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: DeSean Jackson **merged** RELEASED

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by DowNY View Post
    I mean, I guess we'll have to wait til those comps are official.

I had saw a report with projected comps.
    Saw that the Jets may get a 5th & 2 6ths & a 7th.

Which would mean we'd have 2 5ths, 3 6ths & 2 7ths.

With what I proposed above, we'd still have:
    TB's 4th, a 5th, 2 6ths & 2 7ths.
    Oh, well that's different if we're keeping the Tampa pick. That's basically a 3rd.

All Pro
    If the Jets trade for Jackson, it is what it is, but the more I think about this, the more I would rather keep our picks an draft a young WR who will grow with Geno.

So let me get this right....the Eagles are considering cutting him but are holding out for 2nd Round pick?

sounds like they have plenty of leverage there!

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    What happened?

The Broncos are a legit Superbowl contender and paid him $10 million a year.

That's what happened.
    Yep. I doubt Ware even considered us for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    If the Jets trade for Jackson, it is what it is, but the more I think about this, the more I would rather keep our picks an draft a young WR who will grow with Geno.
    D-Jax is 27. Pretty young for a WR considering most take 2-3 years to develop and get close to their prime. He should be a very good player for the next 4-5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    It's still a little too high for me as well, I'd prefer trading the 4th from Tampa.

But I wouldn't be pissed if Idzik pulled the trigger on the 3rd rounder.
    Revis for Sheldon Richardson and DeSean Jackson would be filthy.

Hall Of Fame
    I mean, I guess we'll have to wait til those comps are official.

I had saw a report with projected comps.
    Saw that the Jets may get a 5th & 2 6ths & a 7th.

Which would mean we'd have 2 5ths, 3 6ths & 2 7ths.

With what I proposed above, we'd still have:
    TB's 4th, a 5th, 2 6ths & 2 7ths.
    Again, you can't trade comp picks, so the Jets 5th round pick would in reality be a 6th and the 2 6ths would in reality be 7th round picks. You would in essence go from Tampa's 4th round pick (number 100 overall) to a comp pick at the end of the 5th round (approx. pick 164), that's equal to 2 full rounds worth of draft picks. That is a huge gap in what is going to be a deep draft.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Ware had no interest in playing for the Jets, at least not without getting grossly overpaid to do so.
    I thought it was a pipe dream so I didn't bother following the details..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Me too.

With all the comps we're getting, I'll add a 6th or conditional 2015 pick to our 4th & 5th picks. That's it though.
    Tampas 4th and a 5th next year that becomes a 4th if the jets make it to the playoffs.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    So let me get this right....the Eagles are considering cutting him but are holding out for 2nd Round pick?

sounds like they have plenty of leverage there!
    That's a bluff. I really just hope Idzik does not budge with these picks and we wait til he's cut.
    If it wasn't such a deep draft... but Philly wants his replacement in the draft, whoever that is.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Again, you can't trade comp picks, so the Jets 5th round pick would in reality be a 6th and the 2 6ths would in reality be 7th round picks. You would in essence go from Tampa's 4th round pick (number 100 overall) to a comp pick at the end of the 5th round (approx. pick 164), that's equal to 2 full rounds worth of draft picks. That is a huge gap in what is going to be a deep draft.
    I'm not trading comp picks in that proposed trade.
    I'm trading the Jets' 4th, 5th & 6th pick. Middle picks in each of those rounds.

We'd still have TB's 4th.

We'd settle for 5th round comp (essentially a 6th)
    & 6th round comps (essentially 7ths)

So be it. Seems worth it to me for DeSean Jackson.
    We keep our 1st, 2nd, 3rd & TB's 4th. All can be impact players immediately.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    D-Jax is 27. Pretty young for a WR considering most take 2-3 years to develop and get close to their prime. He should be a very good player for the next 4-5 years.
    Apparently he's also persona non grata due to his diva act in the city of brotherly love also. We're building a team here, not a house of cards. I think we should let this ship sail .

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    That's a bluff. I really just hope Idzik does not budge with these picks and we wait til he's cut.
    If it wasn't such a deep draft... but Philly wants his replacement in the draft, whoever that is.
    If you are legitimately considering cutting the guy then you'll take what ever you can get unless there's a bidding war going on so if(and it's a big if) he's done in Philly then a 5th or 4th has to have them doing cartwheels

Veteran
    I'm sure you can offer TBs 4th and they'd take it in a hesrtbbeat

Hall Of Fame
    If you are legitimately considering cutting the guy then you'll take what ever you can get unless there's a bidding war going on so if(and it's a big if) he's done in Philly then a 5th or 4th has to have them doing cartwheels
    And maybe they are, but are seeing if they can eek out just a little bit better with the draft approaching.
    I have faith that Idzik will not blink.

I sense a lot of people feel burned by the Santonio Holmes situation and are easily and perhaps understandably making the connection with Jackson....for me though the problem with Holmes was not making that trade but giving him the 50M.I never understood then and understand even less now the foolish overrating of his value and subsequent prioritising of his resigning over Cotchery and Edwards.I don't mind getting. Diva....just don't totally mortgage yourself to him long term

thats whats not making sense at all.....if youre going to cut a guy and knowing the whole league knows youre going to cut him, why not take what you can get for him??? something doesnt sound right.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    And maybe they are, but are seeing if they can eek out just a little bit better with the draft approaching.
    I have faith that Idzik will not blink.

No doubt, but the apparent deepness of this draft at WR does not help them

Hall Of Fame
    No doubt, but the apparent deepness of this draft at WR does not help them
    At some point the scale begins to tip the other way.

Essentially Idzik just has to stand pat.

Raiders' already came out & said they're not trading for Jax (mostly because Sammy Watkins is their guy).

Jets are the only likely trade partner.
    Give them a 4th & a 5th or 6th or let them cut him.