Page 46 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: DeSean Jackson **merged** RELEASED

Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    There's a comma after teacher, unless you are maligning English teachers...

P.S. Don't accountants occasionally have to write to the IRS or some such thing? Good luck on that.
    Why do you have three periods after 'teachers' is this some new rule of english?

As for Jackson after a good bit of thought on this whole scenario, I do not want the Jets to go after him. I am fine with those in this thread that are adamant we should be doing everything we can to get him, (other than the ones wanting to give philly double fo what they seem to be asking for no apparent reason.) I simply can't get out of my head just how putrid he played two years ago when I saw most Eagles games. Too much risk overall.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    This whole thing is getting annoying and I am officially over it.

Time to move on.
    Yeah it is...and this guy is acting like he wants to kiss and make up with Chip....

Idzik just needs to call today and say "Take TB's 4th or GFY" and end this charade.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    As for Jackson after a good bit of thought on this whole scenario, I do not want the Jets to go after him. I am fine with those in this thread that are adamant we should be doing everything we can to get him, (other than the ones wanting to give philly double fo what they seem to be asking for no apparent reason.) I simply can't get out of my head just how putrid he played two years ago when I saw most Eagles games. Too much risk overall.
    Has there ever been a good player that may be available that some on the board don't start salivating like Pavlovs dogs??

FWIW. Philly radio. Jackson switched agents June 2013 while his current contract was in place. So. Some or all of this could be his new agent trying to get a new contract so he gets his commission cut

Not sure if this has been mentioned here.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Not even close.

Jackson is perfectly happy right now. The Eagles are the ones that want to restructure the contract.
    LOL...really? He has no guaranteed money right now and has been bit*ching about his contract situation all off-season.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    FWIW. Philly radio. Jackson switched agents June 2013 while his current contract was in place. So. Some or all of this could be his new agent trying to get a new contract so he gets his commission cut

Not sure if this has been mentioned here.
    Interesting info ... Any reason why if no new deal was in the works at that time why this occurred ?

Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Interesting info ... Any reason why if no new deal was in the works at that time why this occurred ?
    All I got. New Agent is Segal (Vick's). And as Sect has been saying Jackson probably also wants guaranteed $ now.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?story...83&src=desktop

Eagles WR DeSean Jackson signs with Michael Vick's agent Joel Segal

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...oel_segal.html

Jets Insider VIP
    @Jeff_McLane: Source close to situation said that DeSean Jackson has called a few #Eagles teammates and told them he's staying after talk with Chip Kelly.

Story of the Jets' offseason.
    Last edited by 10PennyToColes87; 03-25-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    @Jeff_McLane: Source close to situation said that DeSean Jackson has called a few #Eagles teammates and told them he's staying after talk with Chip Kelly.

or it could just be the Eagles trying to get some leverage back

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post

I don't even care at this point.

I'm totally fine with hanging on to all of our picks and sticking with the original plan of taking someone like Beckham/Lee/Cooks in the 1st round.

All Pro

DeSean Jackson Thread (MERGED)

Good. Now y'all call move on..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by gothamli View Post
    or it could just be the Eagles trying to get some leverage back
    Why would Jackson care about the Eagles' leverage?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't even care at this point.

I'm totally fine with hanging on to all of our picks and sticking with the original plan of taking someone like Beckham/Lee/Cooks in the 1st round.
    In a way, I'd almost prefer Cooks at 18. Younger, faster, cheaper, less of a headache.

Banned
    We mentioned this morning DeSean Jackson’s social media update, suggesting that he talked with Eagles coach Chip Kelly.

Now, we have at least one version of part of the discussion.

According to Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News, a source close to Jackson described Kelly’s message as “don’t worry about anything and keep working hard and be ready for camp.”

Now, that could mean many things, up to and including “be ready for MY camp.”

But it might mean nothing.

With General Manager Howie Roseman clamming up on the subject of Jackson when talking to reporters yesterday, it’s hard to imagine a situation which had been reported to be so ugly is so beautiful now.

More pragmatically, Kelly’s perhaps just buying a little time, trying to keep Jackson from popping off while working to move him to another team in trade, or giving it time to cool down so they can mend fences.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    There's a comma after teacher, unless you are maligning English teachers...

P.S. Don't accountants occasionally have to write to the IRS or some such thing? Good luck on that.
    Should that be "Good luck with that."?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Should that be "Good luck with that."?
    >Putting periods before question marks.

Lrn2grammar.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    DJax here yet?

Idzik just offer a 3rd round pick and bring this stud to the Jets.

This will be a typical thing that after Jackson gets turfed from Philly he will scream that they lied to him and the coach was dishonest etc.