Page 46 of 86 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 920 of 1708

Thread: DeSean Jackson **merged** RELEASED

  1. #901
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    There's a comma after teacher, unless you are maligning English teachers...

    P.S. Don't accountants occasionally have to write to the IRS or some such thing? Good luck on that.
    Why do you have three periods after 'teachers' is this some new rule of english?

  2. #902
    As for Jackson after a good bit of thought on this whole scenario, I do not want the Jets to go after him. I am fine with those in this thread that are adamant we should be doing everything we can to get him, (other than the ones wanting to give philly double fo what they seem to be asking for no apparent reason.) I simply can't get out of my head just how putrid he played two years ago when I saw most Eagles games. Too much risk overall.

  3. #903
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,455
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    This whole thing is getting annoying and I am officially over it.

    Time to move on.
    Yeah it is...and this guy is acting like he wants to kiss and make up with Chip....

    Idzik just needs to call today and say "Take TB's 4th or GFY" and end this charade.....

  4. #904
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    45,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    As for Jackson after a good bit of thought on this whole scenario, I do not want the Jets to go after him. I am fine with those in this thread that are adamant we should be doing everything we can to get him, (other than the ones wanting to give philly double fo what they seem to be asking for no apparent reason.) I simply can't get out of my head just how putrid he played two years ago when I saw most Eagles games. Too much risk overall.
    Has there ever been a good player that may be available that some on the board don't start salivating like Pavlovs dogs??


  5. #905
    FWIW. Philly radio. Jackson switched agents June 2013 while his current contract was in place. So. Some or all of this could be his new agent trying to get a new contract so he gets his commission cut

    Not sure if this has been mentioned here.

  6. #906
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    14,675
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Not even close.

    Jackson is perfectly happy right now. The Eagles are the ones that want to restructure the contract.
    LOL...really? He has no guaranteed money right now and has been bit*ching about his contract situation all off-season.

  7. #907
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Atlanta via NJ
    Posts
    8,328
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    FWIW. Philly radio. Jackson switched agents June 2013 while his current contract was in place. So. Some or all of this could be his new agent trying to get a new contract so he gets his commission cut

    Not sure if this has been mentioned here.
    Interesting info ... Any reason why if no new deal was in the works at that time why this occurred ?

  8. #908
    Quote Originally Posted by lamont_jordan_rules View Post
    Interesting info ... Any reason why if no new deal was in the works at that time why this occurred ?
    All I got. New Agent is Segal (Vick's). And as Sect has been saying Jackson probably also wants guaranteed $ now.

    http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?story...83&src=desktop

    Eagles WR DeSean Jackson signs with Michael Vick's agent Joel Segal

    http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2...oel_segal.html

  9. #909
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,079
    @Jeff_McLane: Source close to situation said that DeSean Jackson has called a few #Eagles teammates and told them he's staying after talk with Chip Kelly.

    Story of the Jets' offseason.
    Last edited by 10PennyToColes87; 03-25-2014 at 12:39 PM.

  10. #910
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    @Jeff_McLane: Source close to situation said that DeSean Jackson has called a few #Eagles teammates and told them he's staying after talk with Chip Kelly.

    Story of the Jets' offseason.
    or it could just be the Eagles trying to get some leverage back

  11. #911
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,194
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    @Jeff_McLane: Source close to situation said that DeSean Jackson has called a few #Eagles teammates and told them he's staying after talk with Chip Kelly.

    Story of the Jets' offseason.
    I don't even care at this point.

    I'm totally fine with hanging on to all of our picks and sticking with the original plan of taking someone like Beckham/Lee/Cooks in the 1st round.

  12. #912
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    brooklyn,NY
    Posts
    6,186

    DeSean Jackson Thread (MERGED)

    Good. Now y'all call move on..

  13. #913
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,079
    Quote Originally Posted by gothamli View Post
    or it could just be the Eagles trying to get some leverage back
    Why would Jackson care about the Eagles' leverage?

  14. #914
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't even care at this point.

    I'm totally fine with hanging on to all of our picks and sticking with the original plan of taking someone like Beckham/Lee/Cooks in the 1st round.
    In a way, I'd almost prefer Cooks at 18. Younger, faster, cheaper, less of a headache.

  15. #915
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,210
    We mentioned this morning DeSean Jackson’s social media update, suggesting that he talked with Eagles coach Chip Kelly.

    Now, we have at least one version of part of the discussion.

    According to Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News, a source close to Jackson described Kelly’s message as “don’t worry about anything and keep working hard and be ready for camp.”

    Now, that could mean many things, up to and including “be ready for MY camp.”

    But it might mean nothing.

    With General Manager Howie Roseman clamming up on the subject of Jackson when talking to reporters yesterday, it’s hard to imagine a situation which had been reported to be so ugly is so beautiful now.

    More pragmatically, Kelly’s perhaps just buying a little time, trying to keep Jackson from popping off while working to move him to another team in trade, or giving it time to cool down so they can mend fences.

  16. #916
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Hawthorne NJ
    Posts
    8,518
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    There's a comma after teacher, unless you are maligning English teachers...

    P.S. Don't accountants occasionally have to write to the IRS or some such thing? Good luck on that.
    Should that be "Good luck with that."?

  17. #917
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    19,079
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    Should that be "Good luck with that."?
    >Putting periods before question marks.

    Lrn2grammar.

  18. #918
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,381
    DJax here yet?

  19. #919
    Idzik just offer a 3rd round pick and bring this stud to the Jets.

  20. #920
    This will be a typical thing that after Jackson gets turfed from Philly he will scream that they lied to him and the coach was dishonest etc.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us