Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1713

Thread: DeSean Jackson **merged** RELEASED

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Ok...

So you think we modify the BPA strategy to fit our scheme and I take it a step further to modify it to eliminate top picks on position where absolutely no need exists.

1st and 2nd round picks are needed to contribute immediately IMO and selecting another 3/4 DE would almost be a waste of a pick. WHo would sit? Shel and mo play every play.
    If it were to unfold that way I can only speculate that the new DE would most likely rotate in in sub-packages and the end result would be a more rested & fresh D-Line.
    Last edited by ARodFLKeysJetsFan; 03-25-2014 at 10:58 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rry-work-hard/

i'm sure this has been covered, but it doesn't seem like Chip was necessarily saying he's going to be with the Eagles this season. work hard and be ready for camp? can me just do what you do, if you get traded keep working.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    To a point...

If the best player on the board available is a 3/4 DE we will not draft him because we have a Mo Wilk and Sheldon, likewise if the best player is a 4/3 middle LB'er we also will not draft him because he doesn't fit our scheme.

If the Jets sign D-Jax we will draft the best available TE, CB, 3/4 OLB, Safety, or OL.
    Doesn't it stand to reason then, that that player wouldn't be the best player in their board. Specifically in round 1? Keep in mind it's the NY Jets BPA - not some league concencus.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, so than we dont go with a full BPA method we use a modified method like I suggested. No way we draft a 3/4 DE and that is our scheme either.
    BPA is based on each GMs board. The payers are ranked on how he thinks they would play the scheme it employs. it is a stretch to say you don'tt draft BPA if a guy don't fit his scheme. However teams rarely pick players sorely on need or grade. Teams set up boards assigning a grade to both the player and the need for a position. If player A has a grade of 92 and player B has a grade of 90 and the positions of need varies by more than 2 points they take the player at a position of need. You don reach to fill a need that is a 5 by taking a player with a number more than the Delta.

If you took BPA literally as some take it teams would never trade down.
    Last edited by patman; 03-26-2014 at 06:00 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

DeSean Jackson Thread (MERGED)

@richcimini Chip Kelly on DJax trade rumors: "I like DeSean, but we're always going to do what's in the best interests of the organization."

Let the drama start again

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Uh, oh, part II RT @Jeff_McLane: Chip Kelly: "I don't think our offense has ever been predicated on one player."

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    @richcimini Chip Kelly on DJax trade rumors: "I like DeSean, but we're always going to do what's in the best interests of the organization."

Let the drama start again
    what a dumb azz chip is

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    “@Jeff_McLane: Again, to clarify, Chip Kelly has not said that DeSean Jackson won’t be traded. #doublenegative”

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    “@Jeff_McLane: Asked if DeSean Jackson would be on the roster by the start of OTAs on April 21, Chip Kelly said he can’t predict future for any player.”

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Earlier, Chip Kelly said he would not discuss if teams had contacted the #Eagles about a DeSean Jackson trade.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    @bobglauber Does Chip Kelly believe Woody Johnson's admission of interest in DeSean Jackson is tampering? "I don't get involved in that stuff."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    This has to be posturing, too what end I'm not sure

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    @bobglauber Does Chip Kelly believe Woody Johnson's admission of interest in DeSean Jackson is tampering? "I don't get involved in that stuff."
    If the NFL decides Woody is guilty of Tampering, what kind of punishment will they impose? Is it a Fine or a loss of draft pick?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    If the NFL decides Woody is guilty of Tampering, what kind of punishment will they impose? Is it a Fine or a loss of draft pick?
    Could be both in some case. That being said I haven't heard anything about the NFL investigating or Eagles accusing the jets of tampering.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    “@LesBowen: Chip mentions a bunch of Eagles whose work ethic stands out. When prompted, includes DeSean. Says sideline blowup at Minn wasn’t a big deal.”

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NPTJET53 View Post
    Nothing ever comes of these... Eagles would have to file charges.. and they will put a Vatican in Vegas before that happens..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    “@ZBerm: Chip Kelly has taken about 20 minutes of DeSean Jackson. Says conversations are private. Won’t commit to DeSean being on team next season”

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's our report after Chip Kelly gave DeSean Jackson a less-than-enthusiastic endorsement that he's staying: http://t.co/bzeUQQyej3

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    “@Jeff_McLane: Asked if DeSean Jackson would be on the roster by the start of OTAs on April 21, Chip Kelly said he can’t predict future for any player.”
    Yeah, Jackson's gone

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK, all the naysayers:

Jets needs right now:

1) TE
    1A) WR
    1B) CB
    2) S
    3) LB
    4) RB

Expecting to get 5 first year starters in the draft is beyond stupid. The offense needs a major playmaker, a big-play guy. They have none right now, depending on how highly you think of Mike Goodson.

They have 12 picks. Using all 12 is stupid.

So I see a few circumstances that could possibly develop here:

A) Trade for Jackson for 3rd or 4th, draft Amaro or Ebron. One of the two top rated TE's should be on the board at 18. Amaro isn't the stretch at 18 that people are making him out to be.
    B) Don't trade for Jackson, pray to God Evans or Lee falls to you. I consider this the worst case scenario
    C) Trade up for a greater shot at Evans, Lee, or even Watkins
    D) Draft a TE at 18, draft a WR in round 2 or 3 and hope to hell they pan out as a big play threat.

Receivers aren't cheap. Jackson fits within the cap and doesn't completely hammer it. There will still be room to extend him if it works out, or simply let him play out the next 2-3 years then cut him or let him go.

Chip Kelly isn't Rex Ryan, either. Rex is exactly the type of coach you want somebody like Jackson to play for.

The thing that confuses me is that apparently many of you think Jackson is overpaid, which is hogwash in comparison to other elite WR's in the NFL and that you can guarantee drafting, with the 18th pick (or below,) somebody who would even be remotely close to as productive as he is.