Page 55 of 86 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1708

Thread: DeSean Jackson **merged** RELEASED

All League
    The problem with Mathis is he is due to make $5.5M this year and wants a raise. We are not willing to pay corners and tackles but we're going to pay a guard? There is just about no way we are trading for a 33 year old guard in which it costs us draft picks just for the right to give him a new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    Winters was not great. Colon not great. As a unit, marginal at best. If one of those guys goes down its going to get scary. Wnters should be a backup
    You are just miserable. Nothing makes you happy, does it.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by dickkotite View Post
    Winters was not great. Colon not great. As a unit, marginal at best. If one of those guys goes down its going to get scary. Wnters should be a backup
    Why should winters be backup .. He is going into his 2nd year your acting like he has peaked.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Wiseau_1 View Post
    You are just miserable. Nothing makes you happy, does it.
    while i disagree with a lot dickkotite says, he's not lying about the o-line being scary. Winters was a liability when he was in and can we trust Colon to play well after tearing his biceps, a pretty serious injury. and to top it off, there is not depth behind them. while they aren't great, their serviceable i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Yeah we should get on that for sure. Winters was horrible last year, and Colon is a huge injury risk.
    So give up on Winters who was many thought was a steal in the 3rd round with great upside, and who finished the year very strong, and bring in an older guy than Colon who we just signed, and who is a very solid player until one of the younger kids are ready in Campbell and or Aboushi?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    So give up on Winters who was many thought was a steal in the 3rd round with great upside, and who finished the year very strong, and bring in an older guy than Colon who we just signed, and who is a very solid player until one of the younger kids are ready in Campbell and or Aboushi?

====================================
    I didn't get that at all from what Buzz posted. I think the O line has very little in proven depth, what happens when one of the starters go down for a few games or more? Maybe we have that taken care of already.

But I agree with Buzz that the Oline needs to be better then it was last year. Winters would be quality back up for at least the guard position and at a back ups salary and this guy from Philly sounds legit.

I will leave it up to JI and company to sort it out, but it is not out of line for fans to look for improvement from the O line.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
    The #Jets lingered and watched Jared Allen’s situation, but never made a firm offer. They were deliberate and in contact, but on outside.

Idzik needs to step it into 2nd gear. We are losing out on players on a daily basis.

All League
    ESPN knows

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    ESPN knows

================================================== ===

I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m
    The #Jets lingered and watched Jared Allen’s situation, but never made a firm offer. They were deliberate and in contact, but on outside.

Idzik needs to step it into 2nd gear. We are losing out on players on a daily basis.
    Why would we want Allen? He's a great pass rusher but would play OLB in our 3-4 scheme, something he never played before.

Noticed how Idzik's former team, the Seahawks, made a bid but once he asked for too much money, they backed off.
    Last edited by TheMagicRat; 03-26-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicRat View Post

Noticed how his former team, the Seahawks
    His former team? What are you talking about? He played for KC and Minny only.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    His former team? What are you talking about? He played for KC and Minny only.
    I meant Idzik.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post
    I didn't get that at all from what Buzz posted. I think the O line has very little in proven depth, what happens when one of the starters go down for a few games or more? Maybe we have that taken care of already.

But I agree with Buzz that the Oline needs to be better then it was last year. Winters would be quality back up for at least the guard position and at a back ups salary and this guy from Philly sounds legit.

I will leave it up to JI and company to sort it out, but it is not out of line for fans to look for improvement from the O line.
    What OL in the league has "proven depth?" The Jets have two players that provide solid depth in Schlauderaff and Ijalana, Ijalana is a player with pretty good upside, who has played with the Colts until injury. Most OL's in the league have young hopefuls filling out the depth chart, and the Jets probably feel Aboushi and/or Campbell now with a year of experience on the roster and development offer just as much upside as Ducasse did. Freeman is another player to watch at C

But that wasn't the point of his post, suggesting to give up on Winters after one season where he did show promise in the last part of the year, an older player, to replace him with a player just signed in Colon, who was very solid last year, and became a key figure in the locker room, which is equally as important, makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMagicRat View Post
    Why would we want Allen? He's a great pass rusher but would play OLB in our 3-4 scheme, something he never played before.

Noticed how Idzik's former team, the Seahawks, made a bid but once he asked for too much money, they backed off.
    I was thinking that same thing but why would we "flirt" with Allen if we had no interest?

I just hope we make a legit offer for desean Jackson.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnails View Post

It's not out of line, to want improvement from the O-line..... but, you have to allow for that improvement. Winters improved, as the year went on, which is what you want from a rookie. Campbell, Aboushi, and the others are guys that they kept on the roster for a reason.... THEY liked what they saw. Guys don't become proven until they get a chance to prove themselves. FA is not over, the draft is coming up.... depth will NOT be an issue, by the time TC rolls around, in my opinion.

I was thinking that same thing but why would we "flirt" with Allen if we had no interest?

It depends. Maybe the Jets wanted to see how much Allen wanted. If he came cheap, he could be a solid situational pass rusher.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    ESPN knows

Hahah classic! It's gonna happen.

Well, flirt has many different interpretations.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

There is a reason why none of the other 30 teams in the league are breaking down DeSean's door with an axe & a contract. Look at Wilfork from the Pasties cleaning out his locker & taking his name plate down without a Done deal from another team.

It screams "THEY ARE JUST NOT WORTH IT".

JMHO. (-;

Perhaps Idzik just gauged his asking price and when he found out it was more than what he was willing to pay, he backed off. You seem to want the Jets to sign every FA, regardless of their contract demands. This isn't fantasy football. There are ramifications to every signing.