Page 56 of 86 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1713

Thread: DeSean Jackson **merged** RELEASED

  1. #1101
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    577
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    There is a reason why none of the other 30 teams in the league are breaking down DeSean's door with an axe & a contract. Look at Wilfork from the Pasties cleaning out his locker & taking his name plate down without a Done deal from another team.

    It screams "THEY ARE JUST NOT WORTH IT".

    JMHO. (-;
    Totally agree 100%. Some posters here I feel are on the Desean bandwagon so hardcore because they just need/want the Jets to make a move so badly....no matter if it's a smart move or not they just HAVE to make a move. Reading through this thread, Jackson has gone from being a great deep threat wr to the second coming of Jerry Rice.

  2. #1102
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Perhaps Idzik just gauged his asking price and when he found out it was more than what he was willing to pay, he backed off. You seem to want the Jets to sign every FA, regardless of their contract demands. This isn't fantasy football. There are ramifications to every signing.
    I don't want everybody. What I wanted going into FA was 2 wrs, te, s, and a restructured cro. So far we only got a wr and a backup qb.

  3. #1103
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    What OL in the league has "proven depth?" The Jets have two players that provide solid depth in Schlauderaff and Ijalana, Ijalana is a player with pretty good upside, who has played with the Colts until injury. Most OL's in the league have young hopefuls filling out the depth chart, and the Jets probably feel Aboushi and/or Campbell now with a year of experience on the roster and development offer just as much upside as Ducasse did. Freeman is another player to watch at C

    But that wasn't the point of his post, suggesting to give up on Winters after one season where he did show promise in the last part of the year, an older player, to replace him with a player just signed in Colon, who was very solid last year, and became a key figure in the locker room, which is equally as important, makes no sense.
    You do realize that Ijalana, Aboushi, and Campbell were all inactive for every single game last year?

    Maybe this year they will be allowed to at least play on special teams.

  4. #1104
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,899
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    You do realize that Ijalana, Aboushi, and Campbell were all inactive for every single game last year?

    Maybe this year they will be allowed to at least play on special teams.
    Do you realize that the size of a game day roster is only 45 players? How many offensive lineman do you realistically expect them to activate for a game?

    They are clearly developmental players who have been designated as such. The upcoming draft will reveal exactly how the organization feels about the progress of its OL draft picks from last year.

  5. #1105
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    21,157
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    So give up on Winters who was many thought was a steal in the 3rd round with great upside, and who finished the year very strong, and bring in an older guy than Colon who we just signed, and who is a very solid player until one of the younger kids are ready in Campbell and or Aboushi?

    Mathis is much much much better than colon. He's one of the best guards in the game today and it's very foolish not to at least look at the cost to obtain him.

  6. #1106
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,504
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Mathis is much much much better than colon. He's one of the best guards in the game today and it's very foolish not to at least look at the cost to obtain him.
    If we hadn't signed Colon, this would at least make a little sense, at this point, it makes very little.

  7. #1107
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do we need to make another thread for the offensive line? 😐😐

  8. #1108
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,899
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    Do we need to make another thread for the offensive line? ����
    This is what happens when you have 1100+ posts in a thread.

    In my opinion, if DJax gets traded, it will end up being a draft day trade similar to Randy Moss in 2007. If it happens, I don't think the Jets will be involved. It's likely that Idzik is just feeling out the market and seeing if he can find himself a bargain. I believe his offer is too low for the Eagles to accept.

  9. #1109
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet-Zeppelin View Post
    Amaro at 18 would be horrible. Totally agree. If that's who you want, you have to at least try and move back.

    I like this kid Brandin Cooks a lot. http://rotobahn.com/scouting-report-...oregon-state-/

    He'd be a dynamic inside out threat that would contrast well with Decker.
    I agree. If we took Cooks at 18 I'd be one happy fan. And guess who Walterfootball.com's most recent mock has us taking at 18? Yup. Oregon State's Brandin Cooks.

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_1.php

    I would love to see him in Jets green this fall. Cimini: 3/15: "Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg attended WR Brandin Cooks pro day yesterday (Oregon State). Jets have been "all over him." - Rich Cimini, ESPN

    http://rotobahn.com/scouting-report-...oregon-state-/

  10. #1110
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    560
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    I agree. If we took Cooks at 18 I'd be one happy fan. And guess who Walterfootball.com's most recent mock has us taking at 18? Yup. Oregon State's Brandin Cooks.

    http://walterfootball.com/draft2014_1.php

    I would love to see him in Jets green this fall. Cimini: 3/15: "Jets OC Marty Mornhinweg attended WR Brandin Cooks pro day yesterday (Oregon State). Jets have been "all over him." - Rich Cimini, ESPN

    http://rotobahn.com/scouting-report-...oregon-state-/
    Much better to have a younger hungrier less expensive player trying his absolute best than an older Vet cashing in a big paycheck unless that older vet puts your team over the top. Geno needs rookies to grow with him. I cant see these Jets bringing in D Jax.

  11. #1111
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    SoFla
    Posts
    17,959
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN: Idzik says he's been "straightforward" in FA negotiations. Calls any other portrayal "inaccurate." I can say w/certainty that's inaccurate

  12. #1112
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,899
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN: Idzik says he's been "straightforward" in FA negotiations. Calls any other portrayal "inaccurate." I can say w/certainty that's inaccurate
    Why so cryptic? If "straightforward" is inaccurate, then what is accurate? Has Idzik been confusing or unclear in FA negotiations?

  13. #1113
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,451
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post
    Why so cryptic? If "straightforward" is inaccurate, then what is accurate? Has Idzik been confusing or unclear in FA negotiations?
    GEEZ Mehta is such a little bi-tch. He has a vendetta against Idzik and he is wearing it on his sleeve. What an unprofessional slimy weasil he is. A real piece of sh*t.

  14. #1114
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Diddy View Post
    I don't want everybody. What I wanted going into FA was 2 wrs, te, s, and a restructured cro. So far we only got a wr and a backup qb.
    And we have 12 draft picks for the rest of the positions. Tell me what free agents you wanted to overpay or that weren't going to come here anyway.

  15. #1115
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    You do realize that Ijalana, Aboushi, and Campbell were all inactive for every single game last year?

    Maybe this year they will be allowed to at least play on special teams.
    Damon Harrison didn't play much the year before and we have 12 draft picks. He about we wait till camp to worry/*****.

  16. #1116
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    2,347
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN: Idzik says he's been "straightforward" in FA negotiations. Calls any other portrayal "inaccurate." I can say w/certainty that's inaccurate
    Manish knows Idzik was saying he's full of ****. What a pathetic POS. Just give it up already Mehta.

  17. #1117
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Somerville, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    1,630
    Post Thanks / Like
    while i'm excited about the prospect of having 12 draft picks, it's highly doubtful that 12 rookies make the team or the practice squad. this is one of my thoughts when i think back on to the lack of FA's being brought in. why not now make the offer for DJax for one of our 4th rounders? i just think "could a 4th round draft pick make as much of an impact on the team as DJax would". i would tend to imagine that as a no.

    tony dungy was praising idzik's approach. though i don't quite get one thing he said, in that idzik's approach is to fill holes with free agency. i agree you build a team through the draft though. but idzik hasn't done much patching of holes through FA so far. in my opinion we still have deficiencies at OL, WR, TE, OLB, CB and S. that's A LOT of holes to hope to fill in the draft and to do so at the level that is needed.

    that being said, FA isn't over and if idzik decides to pull the trigger on DJax i'd be happy. if he decides to go dumpster diving on a WR like Miles Austin, Sidney Rice, Kenny Britt or even a dreaded reunion with Santonio, i'll be extremely upset.

  18. #1118
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,907
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'd pass on Jax. Everybody settle down, it's a long offseason.

  19. #1119
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,703
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fullblast View Post
    I'd pass on Jax. Everybody settle down, it's a long offseason.
    Why would you pass on a 27 year old, legitimate #1 receiver?

    One that our OC knows well and drafted (I believe)
    if he wants him, and you must assume he would If they are showing interest.

    Why would you possibly even consider passing?

  20. #1120
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,092
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    while i'm excited about the prospect of having 12 draft picks, it's highly doubtful that 12 rookies make the team or the practice squad. this is one of my thoughts when i think back on to the lack of FA's being brought in. why not now make the offer for DJax for one of our 4th rounders? i just think "could a 4th round draft pick make as much of an impact on the team as DJax would". i would tend to imagine that as a no.

    tony dungy was praising idzik's approach. though i don't quite get one thing he said, in that idzik's approach is to fill holes with free agency. i agree you build a team through the draft though. but idzik hasn't done much patching of holes through FA so far. in my opinion we still have deficiencies at OL, WR, TE, OLB, CB and S. that's A LOT of holes to hope to fill in the draft and to do so at the level that is needed.

    that being said, FA isn't over and if idzik decides to pull the trigger on DJax i'd be happy. if he decides to go dumpster diving on a WR like Miles Austin, Sidney Rice, Kenny Britt or even a dreaded reunion with Santonio, i'll be extremely upset.
    DJax = Santomeo part deux .. Pass .. I'd prefer Rice any day of the week.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us