Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are a deep threat away from something special.

Jets Insider VIP

We are a deep threat away from something special.

I love the Vick signing, we need a deshaun jax type to compliment decker and we have and O to be reckoned with. And with our D line and backers we are a 10+ win team. Get me Jackson and I say we are a playoff team. I'd like a solid cb but as we are right now we are a we away.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    I love the Vick signing, we need a deshaun jax type to compliment decker and we have and O to be reckoned with. And with our D line and backers we are a 10+ win team. Get me Jackson and I say we are a playoff team. I'd like a solid cb but as we are right now we are a we away.

This post brought to you by The Onion.

Don't forget a TE....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Stephen Hill says "hi".

Pickup Marqise Lee and ASJ in the draft. Dri Archer etc. Bombs Away...

All League
    Let's not forget about the OL. Downgraded RT, RG is not healthy, and LG is barely developing. If somehow Mangold continues his downward trend, it won't matter if we have Jerry Rice and John Taylor, it will be the 2007 Jets all over again.

Hall Of Fame
    I liked the acquisition of Decker but even with him we currently have a bad to below average offense. Last year we had an awful offense and one player does not rectify that. We still need a quality TE and a RB that is a receiving threat. Cumby and Powell don't cut it IMO. If we add those pieces I think we can be an average offense. Add those pieces AND a legit #1 WR and we will become a good offense. Then the only thing standing between us and having a great offense is finding a franchise QB.

It's "DeSean".

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Let's not forget about the OL. Downgraded RT, RG is not healthy, and LG is barely developing. If somehow Mangold continues his downward trend, it won't matter if we have Jerry Rice and John Taylor, it will be the 2007 Jets all over again.
    Agreed. No OL no wins unless you have Rodgers back there. With Vick ( I believe he will start) I dont think he last 5 games with out some form of injury.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I liked the acquisition of Decker but even with him we currently have a bad to below average offense. Last year we had an awful offense and one player does not rectify that. We still need a quality TE and a RB that is a receiving threat. Cumby and Powell don't cut it IMO. If we add those pieces I think we can be an average offense. Add those pieces AND a legit #1 WR and we will become a good offense. Then the only thing standing between us and having a great offense is finding a franchise QB.
    So what you're saying is....

Simplify the following offensive expressions and write them with positive exponents.

a) ( x y 2Wr ) 2 ( x 2TEy 2 ) 2 / ( x yRB) 4

b) ( (a b 2) 3 (a 2WRb 2) 4RB) 2

= An above average offense? Gotcha

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Stephen Hill says "hi".

Stephen Hill saying hi in a thread about the team needing a deep threat is like Chris Ivory saying hi in a thread about pass-catching RBs.

Talking plenty of needs but plenty of draft picks

... Don't be surprised if we grab a OT or G in round 2 and/or 3. These round 6 lineman really never pan out for us.

.... Gabe Jackson....elite offensive linemen in MSU history who started all 52 games of his career at left guard // should be there at round 2.

as for CB---- we could still trade for Morris Claiborne....... has talent but not coached well by the Cowboys D.

No we are not a deep threat away from something special. We are a deep threat away from having an improved offense. This team still has many weaknesses.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    No we are not a deep threat away from something special. We are a deep threat away from having an improved offense. This team still has many weaknesses.
    Great post, agree 100%, gotta trust Idzik with the draft and the balance of FA. I think hill gitter done, a lot of time left but it is gonna be slim pickens from here on out.

Exactly. Time to spend a high draft pick on OL.

Hall Of Fame
    You are wrong on two counts: Winters did show good signs of development towards the end of the season and the RT we signed is at least as good or slightly better then Howard. Possibly with more experience and consistency on the Ol due to time together, NICK will get right back to where he was: a top center in the NFL.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Exactly. Time to spend a high draft pick on OL.
    we had three guys drafted last year. We need to develop them. We got a guy in FA that was a high pick when he was drafted by Indy. he is a LT. Ijillana-sp? I think we should get another receiver if we don't get Jackson in rd 1 or a CB and a TE in rd 3 OL can be later in the draft!

Saying that we downgraded RT is a bit if a reach. Especially when you consider that Howard was rated like 8 spots lower on PFF rankings for RTs last year.

The o line is fine. Could it be better? Sure. But you can't have all pro's everywhere.

By almost every professional report RT is flat to an upgrade (if you want to be SOJF good for you, but no need to make things up)

RG was solid last year - too many penalties but a good player. LG for was a lot better the last quarter of the season. o-line is a tough transition for a rookie - plus he was a tackle in college.

I agree with the OP - if QB play gets better this is a 10 win team.
    Last edited by fidelioion; 03-23-2014 at 10:10 AM.

All League
    Let's al not forget that with Vick, Giacomini will be blocking his blind side.

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Stephen Hill says "hi".

Pickup Marqise Lee and ASJ in the draft. Dri Archer etc. Bombs Away...
    Hill needs to learn how to catch the ball.