Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We are a deep threat away from something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    we had three guys drafted last year. We need to develop them. We got a guy in FA that was a high pick when he was drafted by Indy. he is a LT. Ijillana-sp? I think we should get another receiver if we don't get Jackson in rd 1 or a CB and a TE in rd 3 OL can be later in the draft!
    Ferguson and Mangold are on the decline. They'll probably be worse. Winters is a question mark. Colon is a year older and coming off an injury. Austin Howard is still probably getting better, while the guy who replaced him is what he is. And then you have a bunch of question marks. I think you need to add a highly rated prospect to the group. It's been a while.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Stephen Hill says "hi".

Pickup Marqise Lee and ASJ in the draft. Dri Archer etc. Bombs Away...
    ??? What does saying Hi have anything to do with getting a deep threat?

Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    Stephen Hill says "hi".

Pickup Marqise Lee and ASJ in the draft. Dri Archer etc. Bombs Away...

Easy to tell when the Madden players start a thread

Jets Insider VIP
    We're just a Peyton Manning away from having a respectable offense!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Easy to tell when the Madden players start a thread
    What does that even mean?

I think it's very realistic to think this team could win 10 games with DeSean Jackson. It was an 8 win team with a rookie QB and the worst receiving corp in football...

Add a second year to the QB (or Vick) Decker, Jackson and whoever they draft - with a defense that is likely to get better - why is this Madden thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Stephen Hill saying hi in a thread about the team needing a deep threat is like Chris Ivory saying hi in a thread about pass-catching RBs.
    All Hill does is catch deep balls. That is his role and he isnt bad at it. We need a TE bad. I dont care who the WRs are at this point we arent getting far in the passing game with the TEs we had last year. You need someone that can either block or catch we had neither. Enough with track star WRs they havent done anything for this team.

We're a mediocre possesion receiver away from 7-9.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post

I think it's very realistic to think this team could win 10 games with DeSean Jackson. It was an 8 win team with a rookie QB and the worst receiving corp in football...

Add a second year to the QB (or Vick) Decker, Jackson and whoever they draft - with a defense that is likely to get better - why is this Madden thinking?
    If you think the Jets would benefit from having Desean Jackson you're obviously 5 years old and play Madden 22 hours per day. But if we added Jeremy Maclin and his torn ACL we'd be bound for the next Super Bowl. That's what he's trying to say.

If you think the Jets would benefit from having Desean Jackson you're obviously 5 years old and play Madden 22 hours per day. But if we added Jeremy Maclin and his torn ACL we'd be bound for the next Super Bowl. That's what he's trying to say.

Jets Insider VIP
    We're a CB injury away from 2-14.

Not here to argue with you. A ten win team is far from something special to me though

Jackson, Decker, and Kerley at WR, a solid run game, and a big name TE in the draft would make this offense playoff ready. Smith needs to improve no doubt but if this organization wants him to develop they need to provide some targets for him, and as bad as he was for a long stretch last season he throws a great deep ball and Jackson is one of the best in the league at beating defenses deep. If we could get Jackson without giving up a draft pick that would allow us to go BPA in the draft, I'm all for it if it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    We're a CB injury away from 2-14.
    I could see that becoming a Patriot* thing if the refs don't fix their games.

No we are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    Not here to argue with you. A ten win team is far from something special to me though
    It gets us to the dance........

Quote Originally Posted by XingDaorong View Post
    Jackson, Decker, and Kerley at WR, a solid run game, and a big name TE in the draft would make this offense playoff ready.
    Stop making sense already

Quote Originally Posted by XingDaorong View Post
    Jackson, Decker, and Kerley at WR, a solid run game, and a big name TE in the draft would make this offense playoff ready.
    Stop making sense already

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    All Hill does is catch deep balls. That is his role and he isnt bad at it. We need a TE bad. I dont care who the WRs are at this point we arent getting far in the passing game with the TEs we had last year. You need someone that can either block or catch we had neither. Enough with track star WRs they havent done anything for this team.
    Thanks for telling the dummies

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    According to the clueless experts this was the worse team in football last season and won 8 games. I can't harp on a number of wins but I can see that this team wil easily be better than the 2013 squad which won 8 games. They have 12 draft picks which includes 5 players in the first 4 rounds. They signed decker and a good OL and Vick is a def upgrade until we really know if Geno is the real deal. We got a good team player in Vick and a young unselfish qb in Geno who is willing to absorb as much knowledge as possible. If we don't get D Jackson we still have a very deep draft with WR talent. Vick is playing for an OC that he shined under. I think the same old jets fan whiners are upset because this team is in good hands. No one knows what the 2014 season will end up like, but it's more than fair to believe that this team can be a threat. They won 8 games with a team that was what many said devoid of talent.vvv.jpg