Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So where does Sanchez wind up?

So where does Sanchez wind up?

First thought would obviously be St, Louis, who lost Kellen Clemens to San Diego, and has Schotty the lesser as OC. Would probably be a good situation for him as Bradford is not very durable and he would likely start at least a few games

Minnesota would be my second thought. Even if they draft one of the QBs, they might want to have Sanchez as a capable backup or as starter till their draft pick is ready

Houston. Sounds like Blake Bortles is the guy, but Sanchez might be a better backup than Keenum or Yates

Those would be my top thoughts. Will be interesting to see where he goes.

All Pro
    Cleveland, if they don't go QB with their first pick.

Minny, STL, Jax, and Cleveland would be my guesses. Doubt he starts anywhere.

Cleveland & St. Louis would be my first guess. Minnesota signed Cassel and Jax signed Henne so I don't know if they would go after Sanchez.

I hope that he lights up the scoreboard and wins many games, just not against the Jets, EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by JetsFanatic View Post
    Cleveland & St. Louis would be my first guess. Minnesota signed Cassel and Jax signed Henne so I don't know if they would go after Sanchez.
    Jax said Henne is their starter, so I guess it would depend on if they plan to take a QB this year high.

Didn't think about Cassel being re-signed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Minny, STL, Jax, and Cleveland would be my guesses. Doubt he starts anywhere.
    I think you are right. Those are the most obvious. I think there is still an outside shot he comes back to the Jets for the league minimum if no one wows him with an offer.

chillin with his boy tebow

He will be entertaining about 10 offers. 3 or 4 starting jobs and the rest as a quality back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    I think you are right. Those are the most obvious. I think there is still an outside shot he comes back to the Jets for the league minimum if no one wows him with an offer.
    Well, if he comes back here, he's looking at being the #3 QB. I think it'd make the most sense for him to go somewhere where he can be the #2 guy and/or compete.

Jets Insider VIP
    Well, if he comes back here, he's looking at being the #3 QB. I think it'd make the most sense for him to go somewhere where he can be the #2 guy and/or compete.
    Agreed but he loves NYC and Rex likes him too. With Vick's injury history, Geno being a big question mark in my mind and Sanchez knowing the system I can still see the Jets as a place where he could impress everyone and get another chance if the stars aligned.

If you were him would you want to be on the Vikings with no WRs though AP has to be a big plus, St Louis with Shotty again though they have some WRs in Austin and having to compete with Bradford, Jacksonville which is always dysfunctional to compete with Henne and probably a rookie and not much else on the team or Cleveland also at the height of dysfunction but has a very good WR to throw to and I assume he has some rapport with Pettine? Or he can come back to the Jets who at least improved the WR corps with Decker, have tons of Draft picks and cap room in case someone is available that they want, improved the O-line with getting Giacomini and resigning Colon and being able to progress in a system he knows.

I think those are some pretty even comparisons with the Jets situation. The fact that the Jets held on to him this long shows they had some interest in him. Crazier things have happened (though I agree it is still a long shot).

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post

Houston. Sounds like Blake Bortles is the guy, but Sanchez might be a better backup than Keenum or Yates.
    Thought I read somewhere that Houston signed Fitzpatrick already.

My guess would be St Louis or Cleveland. Like you already said Bradford isn't the most durable player, and Cleveland has the former Pats backup but Sanchez could compete there with him and a rookie.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

All League
    Agreed. I'm sure he would like to have the opportunity to compete for a starting job. He won't have that in New York. I think he knows and everyone knows that his time here is over for good.

1 - Vikings, they seem to collect backup QB's, they paid Freeman 4M to ride the bench last year
    2 - Browns have the greatest need for Sanchez, but that might make too much sense, Pettine and Sanchez reunion?
    3 - Rams are interesting but not sure Mark and Schotty got along that well

Taco Bell.

Then a Hot Dog.

All Pro
    Browns...what's the line in Vegas on this?

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Cleveland, if they don't go QB with their first pick.
    Maybe but Pettine wasn't necessarily a Sanchez fan reading "Collision Low Crossers"

STL or AZ (backup Palmer, Ariens is a good QB developer)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    Browns...what's the line in Vegas on this?
    +1 Makes sense except for Pettine being the HC..

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Agreed. I'm sure he would like to have the opportunity to compete for a starting job. He won't have that in New York. I think he knows and everyone knows that his time here is over for good.
    Yup. And, that's fine. Sometimes, it's just best for two parties to go their separate ways. It's unfortunate that it didn't work out, but that's no reason to keep a failed sports marriage going.