Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tebow trade in retrospect

Tebow trade in retrospect

On the two year anniversary of the Tebow trade, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this momentous event in Jets history. What were your thoughts on the Tebow trade, in context of what has transpired then? What was your initial reaction then and how has your perspective of Tebow changed since then (if at all)?

Jets Insider VIP
    You're tearing me apart

He sucked on the broncos, he sucked on the jets, and now he's currently unemployed because no one wants a quarterback who throws like a right tackle would. What else do you need to know?

All League
    They have this thing called the archive. It's neat.

Jets fans now in hindsight all say they hated the Tebow trade but when it happened in 2012 this site was split 50/50 on it. Alot of Jets fans liked the Tebow trade "oh it was just a 4th round pick" "he'll push Sanchez" "great lockerroom guy" "he's the new Brad Smith".

Same idiot Jets fans who now love the Vick move.

Quote Originally Posted by SBIII View Post
    You're tearing me apart

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Jets fans now in hindsight all say they hated the Tebow trade but when it happened in 2012 this site was split 50/50 on it. Alot of Jets fans liked the Tebow trade "oh it was just a 4th round pick" "he'll push Sanchez" "great lockerroom guy" "he's the new Brad Smith".

No way. There was an extremely vocal minority of idiots for the move. A vast majority of us hated it. There was some dude "demonotheses" or something like that who probably accounted for half of the positive posts himself.

One of my favorite ever Jetsinsider threads of all time was the one when he was released. It was page after page of pure bliss. Hilarious gifs and videos and such basically demonstrating the sheer joy of the vast majority of folks here when the Tebow experiment was finally ended.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfed View Post
    No way. There was an extremely vocal minority of idiots for the move. A vast majority of us hated it. There was some dude "demonotheses" or something like that who probably accounted for half of the positive posts himself.

One of my favorite ever Jetsinsider threads of all time was the one when he was released. It was page after page of pure bliss. Hilarious gifs and videos and such basically demonstrating the sheer joy of the vast majority of folks here when the Tebow experiment was finally ended.
    I also didn't want Vick, but now that he's here, it say let's see what he's got. The situation has some similarities to the Tebow one but a lot of differences, too. Vick, when healthy, can play. Or at least has been great at times. Very inconsistent and has ball protection issues and is always injured. But the man can run and has a brilliant natural arm. He's always shown flashes and that one year (2010?) he was amazing.

I know he's lost a step and let's see how much more, but he at least has played at a high level in the nfl before.

Tebow never looked like an nfl QB and had that AWFUL following of non-football fans and skip Bayless. There was no reason for the Tebow move, and most folks here knew that from the start.

All League
    it sucked then and it sucks now. Completely disrupted the team

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Wiseau Forever View Post
    On the two year anniversary of the Tebow trade, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this momentous event in Jets history. What were your thoughts on the Tebow trade, in context of what has transpired then? What was your initial reaction then and how has your perspective of Tebow changed since then (if at all)?
    Understood the idea behind it....Get a guy to run the Wildcat, fits with Rex and Sparano, Rex had a front row seat to Tebow crucifying his defense (see what I did there? )....so I got it. But I just never thought it would really work out well and it turns out that it didn't. The Jets got creative, used him on Special Teams, as the "up man" on punts, etc. which was a great idea...but again, it just never worked.

Bad trade in hindsight. Nice guy, bad quarterback. I wish him luck.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Why does this thread even need to be made?

Terrible move. Constantly hearing about Tebow every 5 seconds was absolutely annoying. Not to mention the traveling band of Tebow fans that hopped on here and other Jet boards, all of whom kept trying so hard to convince us that they weren't just here for Tebow and that they really did care about the Jets. Then, when he was released, guess who left? Ah, yes. Turns out, Tebow fans aren't just annoyingly obsessed with an overrated QB, they're also complete liars.

In retrospect, Tebow himself wasn't what I didn't like about the situation. It was all of the nonsense surrounding him that made it annoying. The Tebow fans, the ridiculous media, etc.

However, to the dismay of the anti-Vick crowd, Vick in NYJ won't be anything remotely like the Tebow situation. The most you're looking at is a QB controversy that most people won't care about, and the only reason it'll be a controversy in the first place is because Geno was stat-padding for DBs as if he had them on his fantasy team.

Quote Originally Posted by Starkjet24 View Post
    Why does this thread even need to be made?
    Because history just repeated itself.

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    kinda like signing a #7 to replace another #7

Quote Originally Posted by PocketJet View Post
    kinda like signing a #7 to replace another #7

All League
    Because history just repeated itself.
    Is this a serious response or sarcasm? I can't tell.

I will gladly still say I had no problem with the Tebow trade, and anyone who did had an agenda against the guy.

The fact that we couldn't find a way to get 4th round value out of an ATHLETE is way more of a knock against our coaching staff than against the trade itself.

I still think he could have played a Brad Smith role, and that type of player is worth more than what we gave up.

And for all you "circus" people out there, stop listening to the media and try watching the actual games. Tebow may not have been part of the solution, but he DEFINITELY wasn't anywhere near the source of the problem.

And the fact that you think Vick is Tebow part deux removes any credibility you may have once had . . .

Quote Originally Posted by HawkeyeJet View Post
    Is this a serious response or sarcasm? I can't tell.
    Willful stupidity . . .

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    I will gladly still say I had no problem with the Tebow trade, and anyone who did had an agenda against the guy.

The fact that we couldn't find a way to get 4th round value out of an ATHLETE is way more of a knock against our coaching staff than against the trade itself.

I still think he could have played a Brad Smith role, and that type of player is worth more than what we gave up.

And for all you "circus" people out there, stop listening to the media and try watching the actual games. Tebow may not have been part of the solution, but he DEFINITELY wasn't anywhere near the source of the problem.

And the fact that you think Vick is Tebow part deux removes any credibility you may have once had . . .
    The Tebow trade had a residue that spilled over to the rest of the organization and distracted the team and coaches away from the fundamentals. This place was a circus in 2012, we took a break from being a circus for 1 season last year and had a better season and now we're back to nonsense and bs bringing in one of the biggest powder kegs in North American pro sports who isn't even that good anymore.

Like I said before, everyone who liked the idiotic Tim Tebow trade is now loving this Vick move. Willfull ignorance to the reality of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post

In your opinion, then, what was the biggest problem behind the 2012 Jets? If not Tebow, then who?