Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Coz: Jets expected to receive 4 comp picks when the picks are handed out today

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OCCH View Post
    And that's a bad thing?
    Exactly. Where do we all sign???

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Based on the inactivity of Idzik in FA, the draft is our only real hope for a competitive season and potentially the playoffs. They can still get in on signing some FA's after the second wave of cuts are made, but right now it looks like the draft or nothing. Every draft is incredibly important, but this draft in particular because we have so many picks, the draft is said to be very deep, and if the Jets are going anywhere under Idzik's regime they absolutely must have a great draft.

I think the Jets will be OK if they stick to drafting the BAP at all times and completely ignoring need picks unless they also happen to be the BAP. My hope is that we can yield at least 7 players that are starters by the 2015 season. That may be overly optimistic but certainly possible.
    Although 7 starters would be amazing we simply don't have that many open positions. If we can net 3 day 1 starters (CB, WR/TE, G) I think that would be a draft that can propel us to the playoffs. Now with the other 9 picks lets assume 2 don't make the team, the other 5 if we are able to add depth at the OL, LB's and defensive backfield and maybe grab a Dri Archer or D'Anthony Thomas as a gadget play/ offensive spark that has situational role but makes a difference (ala lean washington type). What more can you ask for from a draft class.