Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What a shock. Francessa sh*tting on the Jets for Vick signing.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

What a shock. Francessa sh*tting on the Jets for Vick signing.

Not because of the criminal thing, because the Jets show no direction by doing this. Says it's Woody trying to get media attention.

Funny that he was crapping on the team last season for not having a viable backup to Geno. Now we got one and it's Woody trying to get attention.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you people listen to this guy everyday if he pisses you off so much?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Really!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's gotten to a point where it's not even worth mentioning. THe hypocrisy of it all is endless, and Francesa has shown himself to be a complete Jets hater, regardless of what they do.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've wondered this for so long.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't give him the attention by

1) listening to him.
    2) posting about him here. (Can't we just all pretend he doesn't exist? I quit listening to Mike in December 2009 and I'm a happier sports fan)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Something extra to whine about..

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ...then don't listen to him? I mean, that's like loading a gun for someone to shoot you with.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE_SOOTHSAYER View Post
    Not because of the criminal thing, because the Jets show no direction by doing this. Says it's Woody trying to get media attention.

Funny that he was crapping on the team last season for not having a viable backup to Geno. Now we got one and it's Woody trying to get attention.

Boomer questioned the Jets direction as well on the radio this morning.... I think you can look at it from their perspective... I don't see pairing a 34yr Veteran and 24yr old 2nd year players and "No Direction".... they they are better at the QB position than last year.. nothing wrong w/ competition.... I don't think Geno necessarily earned a competition free environment this year based on how he played last year

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must say that I question the direction of the team as well.

This year should be 100% all about Geno. Add a few weapons on offense and give him all of the training camp, preseason, and season snaps to see whether he sinks or swims. The team needs answers and it needs to find the long term solution at quarterback. Vick is a short term solution that does nothing but muddy the waters and slow down obtaining the answers the franchise needs.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

It's easy to attack the move (for me) from an off-field perspective.

On-field is harder, but it can still be done.

Vick is old (33), slower than he's ever been (for a running-first QB), is inaccurate (barely 54% last year), had an almost Sanchez'ian lack of ball security, and is exceptionally injury prone (hurt and missed time almost every year since back in the NFL).

All that on an extremely talented Eagles O.

Put simply, he's a big ? of risk, risk of injury, risk of poor play, risk of turnovers, etc.

But with all that said, he's still a probable a talent and on-field upgrade over Sanchez and Geno Smith.

And with THAT said, **** Francessa. Why any Jets fan in the NY area listens to him simply boggles my mind, moreos that they then come here to complain, daily, about his exceedingly predictable tripe.
    Last edited by Warfish; 03-24-2014 at 03:20 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Big shock, hopefully NO ONE from the board will call in to "debate". Its all scripted to get controversy
    particularly with him back on TV today after being off for a couple of months. The best way to respond
    is with the sound of crickets

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who's Francessa? Is his opinion valid?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post

This year should be 100% all about Geno. Add a few weapons on offense and give him all of the training camp, preseason, and season snaps to see whether he sinks or swims. The team needs answers and it needs to find the long term solution at quarterback. Vick is a short term solution that does nothing but muddy the waters and slow down obtaining the answers the franchise needs.
    Not sure I would agree that it should be 100% about Geno.... the Jet's as a whole ... are stronger at that position in 2014... whether be do to performance or injury they have a better unit... It give HC best chance to win games..

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    Boomer questioned the Jets direction as well on the radio this morning.... I think you can look at it from their perspective... I don't see pairing a 34yr Veteran and 24yr old 2nd year players and "No Direction".... they they are better at the QB position than last year.. nothing wrong w/ competition.... I don't think Geno necessarily earned a competition free environment this year based on how he played last year
    Exactly.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with him. It's not about the dog killing. Vick is not a fit. He's old, washed up, and is a low IQ quarterback. He won't be much of a mentor to Geno because he's mostly lived on his skill, not his mental acumen. Keeping Sanchez would have been a better move.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by parafly View Post

Don't agree. Geno hasn't earned this yet. Furthermore, if this team had a backup QB of Vick's caliper last season, they would have made the playoffs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    Not sure I would agree that it should be 100% about Geno.... the Jet's as a whole ... are stronger at that position in 2014... whether be do to performance or injury they have a better unit... It give HC best chance to win games..
    Agree to disagree. Losing a 27 year old Sanchez and gaining a 33 year old Vick should not be considered much more than a wash in my mind. Vick is not the same player he was a few seasons ago. His style of play has certainly caught up with his aging body.

Board Administrator
    JI Founder & President

Post Thanks / Like
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombo View Post
    I agree with him. It's not about the dog killing. Vick is not a fit. He's old, washed up, and is a low IQ quarterback. He won't be much of a mentor to Geno because he's mostly lived on his skill, not his mental acumen. Keeping Sanchez would have been a better move.
    Disagree. He's just what this team has lacked since Rex came aboard. A veteran that can still play at a high level that can push and also teach the youngster. I don't in any way think Vick is washed up.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Don't give him the attention by

1) listening to him.
    2) posting about him here. (Can't we just all pretend he doesn't exist? I quit listening to Mike in December 2009 and I'm a happier sports fan)
    yep