Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez pens letter to the Jets and fans

Sanchez pens letter to the Jets and fans

Class act. Not a fan of his play, but I very much enjoy his professionalism and character.

He's a great guy. Unfortunately, like another great guy, Jim Marshall, his legacy will be tied to one boneheaded play.

I never had a problem with him as far as trying hard

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    He's a great guy. Unfortunately, like another great guy, Jim Marshall, his legacy will be tied to one boneheaded play.
    I wouldnt' say that is even remotely correct as far as Jets are concerned. Also his legacy will be no different than David Carr or Harrington et al.

class act.

I don't tnk anyone took isue with his attitude or effort ever. it was always there...the results just didn't follow.

In fairness to Mark he wasn't put in a position to suceed post 2010. But truth is, it never would have come together for him here. It wouldn't shock me to see him move on to another franchise and have a respectable career and I wish him luck.

Nice goodbye from Sanchez.

Wish him well.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I wouldnt' say that is even remotely correct as far as Jets are concerned. Also his legacy will be no different than David Carr or Harrington et al.
    I meant in terms of national remembrance.

And the four playoff wins separate him from Carr and Harrington, IMO

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    At least he won 4 playoff games how many Jet QB's have done that?? Ken O'Brien never won 1 or had a rushing TD..

Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    Ehh, I'd say his legacy might technically be about the same, but what is everyone around the NFL going to think when they hear the name "Mark Sanchez"?

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Class act. Not a fan of his play, but I very much enjoy his professionalism and character.
    Agreed, +1

Just goes to show how little value character really has in Pro sports.

For a slight upgrade in talent, we cut a man of very high character, and signed a man with no character of any kind.

It would be nice if Mark Sanchez could play like Peyton Manning, because he is the kind of player you'd like to like.

But he can't, or at the least hasn't thus far.

Talent and performance talks, character walks.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    For a slight upgrade in talent, we cut a man of very high character, and signed a man with no character of any kind.
    Hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkrotraz View Post
    Who is Aiden?
    According to one of the beat writers, Aiden was an 11 year old kid who was a big fan of Mark and had gotten to know Mark. He died.

Classy guy. Good luck to him in the future.

Veteran
    I gave up on him after 2012 but still disagreed with the way he went out in a useless PS game...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Good luck to Mark, he would've done well in Marty's offense... Imagine putting your career in the hands of Sparano... He will have a chance to start, I hope he picks a well run team.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.

From day one, class act. Thanks Mark, Jamie thanks you too.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Quote Originally Posted by JETFAN1 View Post
    I gave up on him after 2012 but still disagreed with the way he went out in a useless PS game...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    Same here - It was a shame how he went out. No reason to be n that game. I always felt that he had the ability to succeed but unfortunately was never able to get it fully together. Coaching staff has to shoulder a significant share of the blame there as well.

I liked Sanchez and wanted to like him more. Its probably time to go but still a little sad to actually see it happen. Wish him well in his next gig. He's still young enough to resurrect his career, which I hope he does.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    According to one of the beat writers, Aiden was an 11 year old kid who was a big fan of Mark and had gotten to know Mark. He died.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=5991920

Jets Insider VIP
    I was and am a BIG Sanchez fan.

I really believe with needed time on the bench and proper coaching he could have been special here.

Sanchez was never the evil and uncaring guy that so many out here painted him to be. The guy that some out here actually wished that he get cancer and die or even that he should be raped!! GOOD GRIEF!!!!

I myself will wish him only the best and I am on record as saying that in the right system Sanchez is going to turn his career around.

Thank You Mark Sanchez!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 03-24-2014 at 11:03 AM.