Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanchez pens letter to the Jets and fans

All League
    Good effort, good guy. Thanks Mark.

Now you can take that effort somewhere else.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Thanks Mark .... Classy exit from a classy guy

Class act - perhaps a bit too immature and not driven enough to be the "Sanchize" he was named, but then very very few are. At times in that 8 and 8 season we had after the AFC champs runs we had he just looked like a deer in the headlights, have to wonder what it was like practicing week in week out versus a Rex Ryan defence, if I was a QB it wouldn't do anything for my confidence, and at the end I don't think he had any. Maybe should have stayed in college that extra year - wish him well in the future wherever he lands.

I despise him as a QB, but I have to say he has shown impeccable class throughout his tenure with the team.

I think he truly loved being a Jet, and for that he gets ton of my respect.

Class act. I'll root for him.

Always liked him! Wish him well wherever he ends up. Personally i hope St.Louis and can compete for the starting job.
    I will definitely follow his games.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    According to one of the beat writers, Aiden was an 11 year old kid who was a big fan of Mark and had gotten to know Mark. He died.
    During the 2010 season, after the Jets' stretch of bad losses, Sanchez visited the boy's house out of the blue and hung out with him for hours. The boy's father traveled to Pitt and, I believe, stayed at the team hotel for the AFC Championship Game. Sanchez hugged the father before the game.

Say what you want about Sanchez's on-field play, he's a class act as a person.

Awesome. Now get the **** out of New York, you're not part of this team/organization anymore thank god. Enjoy the 10 mil. you're gonna get for doing nothing you sucker

Jets Insider VIP
    Class Act. Wish it had gone differently. He is a good guy that I think wasn't put in the best situation to win and took the blame. Good luck Mark as long as you don't end up in the division.

All League
    Classy way to leave and move on.

All League
    I will always be a Jets fan but I will never forgive the organization for screwing up what I believe to be our true franchise QB. I believe we had the right guy and messed it up completely.
    When you think you have the right guy you do everything you can to help him be successful. You don't just do nothing and hope he develops by himself or in the Jets case do whatever you can to sabotage him.
    Mark isn't without some blame but he was young and raw and it was the Jets responsibility to take control of the situation.

Without question Sanchez was/is a class act in a city with no class. At least we have some good memories.

Classy guy, thanks Mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran
    I sooooo wanted goods things for Mark as a jet. My 14 year old will cry in her Sanchez jersey when I tell her. Thinking of waiting til August to tell her.
    Mark, I wish you the best and root for you in the future.

All Pro
    Between him and Chad Pennington we've had some first rate people - unfortunately just not first rate QB's. Great kid!

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soberphobia View Post
    Class act - perhaps a bit too immature and not driven enough to be the "Sanchize" he was named, but then very very few are. At times in that 8 and 8 season we had after the AFC champs runs we had he just looked like a deer in the headlights, have to wonder what it was like practicing week in week out versus a Rex Ryan defence, if I was a QB it wouldn't do anything for my confidence, and at the end I don't think he had any. Maybe should have stayed in college that extra year - wish him well in the future wherever he lands.
    Yep Pete Carroll was right..

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    He's a great guy. Unfortunately, like another great guy, Jim Marshall, his legacy will be tied to one boneheaded play.
    Jim Marshall is a HOF DE. Mark and he have almost NOTHING in common.

Marks letter is a class act no question.

Hall Of Fame
    I think all parties involved deserved better. Just didn't work out.

Best of luck to Mark in the future.

I just hope he doesn't sign with any of the teams within the division.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Jim Marshall is a HOF DE. Mark and he have almost NOTHING in common.

Marks letter is a class act no question.
    I hate to tell you but Jim Marshall only made 2 Pro Bowls and isn't in the HOF Alan Page made it though..

Quote Originally Posted by First DOWN! View Post
    I just hope he doesn't sign with any of the teams within the division.
    Lets hope not. Hes gonna destroy us