Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dustin Keller

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Dustin Keller

Why don't we try to sign him. He might be gotten on the cheap. Is he still that injured?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chillster View Post
    Why don't we try to sign him. He might be gotten on the cheap. Is he still that injured?
    dislocated knee, tore 3 or 4 ligaments, yeah is is probably still feeling it...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Currently has only one knee, and wasn't all that great when he had two.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's a JAG who is now damaged goods. No thanks.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    no reason to bring keller back...if we are going to sign keller we might as well sign winslow again.

Keller took a massive 1 year risk and lost.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We don't need Dustin Keller but we absolutely need a Tight End. Jeff Cumberland is not a legitimate starting TE in the NFL.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    We don't need Dustin Keller but we absolutely need a Tight End. Jeff Cumberland is not a legitimate starting TE in the NFL.
    Should not be difficult to fill through the draft .... Prefer never to draft a TE in round 1..... not many Vernon Davis types out there year to year..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfan51 View Post
    Should not be difficult to fill through the draft .... Prefer never to draft a TE in round 1..... not many Vernon Davis types out there year to year..
    Ebron has Vernon Davis written all over him. Not as good of a blocker but possibly a better receiver. In today's NFL the Tight Ends are featured in the offense there is nothing wrong with taking a TE in rd 1.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ebron has Vernon Davis written all over him. Not as good of a blocker but possibly a better receiver. In today's NFL the Tight Ends are featured in the offense there is nothing wrong with taking a TE in rd 1.
    given there aren't many vernon types out there might be wise to grab one that is projected to be like vernon....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TurkJetFan View Post
    given there aren't many vernon types out there might be wise to grab one that is projected to be like vernon....
    A dyanimc receiving Tight End with game speed presents alot of problems for opposing secondaries. That's why almost all of the best QB's love to use the tight end in today's NFL. I'm hearing scouts say Ebron could end up being better than Jimmy Graham. I don't believe that but if Ebron is half the receiver Graham he would be a home run 1st round pick.

If we got D-Jax and Ebron add that to Decker and Kerley and that is a nasty group of receivers that would make Ryan Leaf look good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think we would get killed for drafting him at no. 18.... not convinced he's a player with Vernon Davis potential.. therefore, I would rather not take him

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What is WRONG with this fanbase?!

I mean, not nearly as bad as the total morons in New England, but this behavior of foaming at the mouth to cut Jets players only to beg for them back at nearly any cost sometimes is completely ridiculous.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

What does Ebron have that is comparable to Vernon Davis? perhaps similar size? Vernon tested thru the roof.. . I don't Ebron testing anything close

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    no reason to bring keller back...if we are going to sign keller we might as well sign winslow again.

Keller took a massive 1 year risk and lost.
    Mr. Faptastic? No thanks

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does Ebron have that is comparable to Vernon Davis? perhaps similar size? Vernon tested thru the roof.. . I don't Ebron testing anything close
    Screw Vernon Davis, I hear Vernon Gholston is available!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    A dyanimc receiving Tight End with game speed presents alot of problems for opposing secondaries. That's why almost all of the best QB's love to use the tight end in today's NFL. I'm hearing scouts say Ebron could end up being better than Jimmy Graham. I don't believe that but if Ebron is half the receiver Graham he would be a home run 1st round pick.

If we got D-Jax and Ebron add that to Decker and Kerley and that is a nasty group of receivers that would make Ryan Leaf look good.
    from a Value perspective.. do we think @ no. 18 Ebron is the best player on the board? not sure that is case.. he maybe more similar to Vernon Davis vs Graham or Gronk due to size.. doesn't mean he is same type of player...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    from a Value perspective.. do we think @ no. 18 Ebron is the best player on the board? not sure that is case.. he maybe more similar to Vernon Davis vs Graham or Gronk due to size.. doesn't mean he is same type of player...
    Yeah I think Ebron's size and style of play is much more similar to Vernon Davis than Jimmy Graham who is a 6'7 NBA forward catching balls over 6'0 DB's out there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keller was always so so average. Honestly my Keller highlight from his Jets career was watching his Purdue senior year youtube highlights the day he was drafted. He never lived up to that athleticism, probably dabbling too much in the restaurant ownership scene. After a major injury why would we want him back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I think Ebron's size and style of play is much more similar to Vernon Davis than Jimmy Graham who is a 6'7 NBA forward catching balls over 6'0 DB's out there.
    Gronk and Graham are match-up nightmares .. They are both tremendous 6'7'' athletes as well... Not sold on Ebron... but that is just my opinion.