Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Craft Beer 2014.

Craft Beer 2014.

Spent this past Sunday up in Peekskill, NY and spent a majority of that time at Peekskill Brewery. Great atmosphere, even greater beer. Tried their entire lineup, left with a growler of their Simple Sour, enjoying one now. Highly recommend anyone to check it out. Next time I'm up there I plan to hit the hiking trails up Bear Mountain before heading to the brewery.

Last edited by Tyler Durden 2.0; 03-25-2014 at 10:47 PM.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden 2.0 View Post
    Spent this past Sunday up in Peekskill, NY and spent a majority of that time at Peekskill Brewery. Great atmosphere, even greater beer. Tried their entire lineup, left with a growler of their Simple Sour, enjoying one now. Highly recommend anyone to check it out. Next time I'm up there I plan to hit the hiking trails up Bear Mountain before heading to the brewery.

Guy went somewhere, got drunk, and now wants you to go there and get drunk.

Oldest hampur story ever, 'cept for "i ate this item and crapped me britches, thusly, egadz".

Jets Insider VIP
    That's almost enough beers for each of your usernames

Quote Originally Posted by JetPotato View Post
    That's almost enough beers for each of your usernames
    Be nice. Drunk Kid Tyler Catholic 2.0 is much improved.

As to the topic, Craft/Local Brewery Beer all the way. There is literally no reason to drink mass markey swill ever.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Be nice. Drunk Kid Tyler Catholic 2.0 is much improved.

As to the topic, Craft/Local Brewery Beer all the way. There is literally no reason to drink mass markey swill ever.
    I do agree somewhat, but there's nothing like a Bud Heavy at a ballpark, or on a sweltering summer day on the golf course.

There's a ton of local breweries in the Hudson Valley to check out. Peekskill is one, Capt Lawrence, Keegan Ales, Newburgh Brewing Co, and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    I do agree somewhat, but there's nothing like a Bud Heavy at a ballpark, or on a sweltering summer day on the golf course.
    There's craft beer options for every occasion. There are beers called sessions ales that are under 5% ABV that I get for BBQs.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden 2.0; 03-25-2014 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyn Jet View Post
    There's a ton of local breweries in the Hudson Valley to check out. Peekskill is one, Capt Lawrence, Keegan Ales, Newburgh Brewing Co, and others.
    Big fan of Captain Lawrence; Keegan Ales is okay, Mothers Milk Stout is solid; didn't like anything from Newburgh. Tried a few of their beers at an event at my local watering hole. Their Peat Stout was the first beer at that bar I couldn't finish.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden 2.0; 03-25-2014 at 11:43 PM.

Hopsecutioner

I wouldn't be caught dead there. That beer selection is terrible, and forget about that horrible excuse for a German variety!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    I wouldn't be caught dead there. That beer selection is terrible, and forget about that horrible excuse for a German variety!
    Why would they have a good German beer variety? It's an American brewpub with their beer and a few other local NY craft beers, though the Simple Sour is a solid Berliner Weissbier. Anyways, the geeks at beer advocate gives their beer high marks.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden 2.0; 03-26-2014 at 12:02 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Go a little further upstate to Ithaca Beer Co. and try the Flower Power IPA. It makes Heady Topper taste like Coors Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Go a little further upstate to Ithaca Beer Co. and try the Flower Power IPA. It makes Heady Topper taste like Coors Light.
    Flower Power is great, but you're nuts. Heady Topper is the greatest IPA on the planet, even better than Pliny the Elder.

Other great IPAs; Lawson's Double Sunshine, Stone Enjoy By, Bells Hopslam, Ballast Point Sculpin.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden 2.0; 03-26-2014 at 12:13 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Flower Power is great, but you're nuts. Heady Topper is the greatest IPA on the planet, even better than Pliny the Elder.
    No, I'd take Flower Power over Heady Topper any day of the week and twice on Sundays. My work territory takes me from Maine to Virginia. I visit clients in Burlington four or five times a year, so I'm very familiar with Heady Topper. Flower Power is better.

No, I'd take Flower Power over Heady Topper any day of the week and twice on Sundays. My work territory takes me from Maine to Virginia. I visit clients in Burlington four or five times a year, so I'm very familiar with Heady Topper. Flower Power is better.
    Well then get me a case! You should check out Carton Brewery in NJ, small up and coming brewery, their double IPA 077XX can go toe to toe with any of the best IPAs (though I still say Heady is better) but they don't can that beer yet. They do have a session IPA called Boat Beer which is really good too. Cheers
    Last edited by Tyler Durden 2.0; 03-26-2014 at 12:41 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Flower Power has that pine taste I don't care for. Much prefer Heady and Hill Farmstead Abner.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Why would they have a good German beer variety? It's an American brewpub with their beer and a few other local NY craft beers, though the Simple Sour is a solid Berliner Weissbier. Anyways, the geeks at beer advocate gives their beer high marks.

I believe that is somewhat obscure reference to another Hampur Thread lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Flower Power has that pine taste I don't care for. Much prefer Heady and Hill Farmstead Abner.
    Stop eating pine cones and you'll be fine.

Sweet_Water_IPA.jpg

our_beer_lineup.jpg

Two craft beers available in the south. Ever get a chance, the Sweetwater is awesome. Olde Meck is a very small micro brew here in Charlotte.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Much prefer Head from Lil' Abner.
    wtf