Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Craft Beer 2014.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden 2.0 View Post
    Flower Power is great, but you're nuts. Heady Topper is the greatest IPA on the planet, even better than Pliny the Elder.

Other great IPAs; Lawson's Double Sunshine, Stone Enjoy By, Bells Hopslam, Ballast Point Sculpin.
    If you ever come across this one give it a try. Best IPA I've ever had but I'm not sure how well distributed it is at this point.
    050.jpg

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really Flower Power and Heady in the same sentence? COME ON MAN

Try a Ghandi Bot or Fuzzy baby ducks from New England Brewing Now those are superior IPA's

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    From the international department:

The De Molen Brewery (Netherlands) has a huge range of beers I'm just starting to try

Rasputin imperial stout was delicious

Rasputin is pure firetits!

And my boy Raoul knows about the Westvleteren 12 too!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RobR View Post
    If you ever come across this one give it a try. Best IPA I've ever had but I'm not sure how well distributed it is at this point.
    050.jpg
    Will do, always looking to try new stuff.

Edit: only distributes to New Mexico
    Last edited by Tyler Durden 2.0; 03-26-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    What's the name of the place? I'm not that far out from there and would love to try it.

Nor is getting diarrhea from cheap beer my bag.
    Honestly though you can spend 7-10 bucks on a six-pack and still get some good beers.

More concerning however is the trend towards 4-packs. WTF :shakescane:
    Eddies roadhouse....right in downtown warwick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by seinfeld9571 View Post

Try a Ghandi Bot or Fuzzy baby ducks from New England Brewing Now those are superior IPA's
    Right. And they're all "world class" per Beer Advocate so it just comes down to preference. My father-in-law keeps FBD at home. Good stuff. Haven't had Gandhi Bot yet, but I'll try it if I can find it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by seinfeld9571 View Post

I've traded Hill Farnstead for most of the sought after IPA's. My favorites are Heady, most Hill Farmstead Doubles, Surly Abrasive and Ghandi Bot. I'll throw in Lawson's Double Sunshine, but only on tap and not the bottle.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden 2.0 View Post
    Will do, always looking to try new stuff.

Edit: only distributes to New Mexico
    Lived out there in 2012 and used to get it straight from the tap, I think a growler was like $12 if you brought the bottle back. Small place in an odd location that is trying too ramp up their output and has some great brews on tap.

They only started selling through distributorships back in 2012 but I'd expect them too start reaching the Rocky Mountain states soon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Rasputin is pure firetits!

And my boy Raoul knows about the Westvleteren 12 too!

They have 2 other beers that I haven't treid (the 8 and a blonde ale).

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Go a little further upstate to Ithaca Beer Co. and try the Flower Power IPA. It makes Heady Topper taste like Coors Light.
    Living in CNY, Flower Power is on tap at numerous craft beer locations. It gets me in trouble quite often. It does have a huge blast of flowery hops, but it doesn't compare to the blast you get from Toppy Header. While that alone doesn't make Toppy better, from a sheer hop blast perspective, Toppy wins.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish Sourceworx was still around..

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    Good beer, just can't drink it anymore cuz I've had it so many times. It's obviously a good go-to beer though if they don't have anything else worthwhile.

Is it me or did 420 taste hoppier before Motorboat came out? It almost tastes like they re-branded 420 into Motorboat and then came up with a less hoppy version and labelled it 420 for a more mainstream appeal as it is their flagship brew.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most likely local to my area, but Elevation Beer Co. Senorita Horchata Imperial Porter. Great after dinner beer, like a dessert with Chocolate Milk!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wish Sourceworx was still around..
    He's on Jetnation

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
    Good beer, just can't drink it anymore cuz I've had it so many times. It's obviously a good go-to beer though if they don't have anything else worthwhile.

Is it me or did 420 taste hoppier before Motorboat came out? It almost tastes like they re-branded 420 into Motorboat and then came up with a less hoppy version and labelled it 420 for a more mainstream appeal as it is their flagship brew.
    I used to drink it a lot, and then I moved up north for a while and couldn't get it. Once I came back after a good 5 years and was drinking it, it was not as hoppy as I remembered.
    I definitely remembered it being very hoppy. Not so much now, but I think I like it more that way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

They have 2 other beers that I haven't treid (the 8 and a blonde ale).
    The 8 is awesome. One of them I had that was clearly aged to prime was better than most of the 12's I've had.

The 6 is pretty light. It's good, but it's not in the same league as the 8 or 12.

They actually used to make the 6 just for themselves to drink because they didn't want to drink the stronger sibling brews.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet View Post
    Living in CNY, Flower Power is on tap at numerous craft beer locations. It gets me in trouble quite often. It does have a huge blast of flowery hops, but it doesn't compare to the blast you get from Toppy Header. While that alone doesn't make Toppy better, from a sheer hop blast perspective, Toppy wins.
    Not sure why, but the Vermont DIPAs are very heavy on the citrus juice hops and not nearly as much pine or flowery hops. A matter of personal preference.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Not sure why, but the Vermont DIPAs are very heavy on the citrus juice hops and not nearly as much pine or flowery hops. A matter of personal preference.
    I personally prefer Toppy...from what I remember, it's been awhile. I have Flower Power all the time. I need to do the VT brewery tour again, with this time, picking up some Toppy.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't wait to get out to Ballast Point, Alesmith and possibly Stone this weekend

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJet View Post
    I personally prefer Toppy...from what I remember, it's been awhile. I have Flower Power all the time. I need to do the VT brewery tour again, with this time, picking up some Toppy.
    Hill Farmstead is a must, and in the summer it can be a 2-3 hour wait with a limit of only three containers. Short lines this time of year and the limit isn't enforced. Outstanding selection this week by the way.