Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ebron "blew" his proday

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Because he's essentially an oversized flex receiver who played on an air raid high power offense in college. Not sure his game will translate well at the next level.

I originally liked him, but I've been down on him the more I've watched him
    Jimmy Graham could be described the same way.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    Jets had scouts at the UNC pro day to watch Ebron, so they have some level of interest.

Ebron is my favorite and has been before the 2013 college season started and would be my choice if available at 18 (depending on who else is available), but I am still pro ASJ in the 2nd if we do not get Ebron. If we get neither than next choice would be AC Leonard late in the draft. I do not care for Amaro.
    I was intrigued by Leonard prior to the combine, and now i'm super interested. I know you'll scoff, but as far as I see it, Leonard could just as easily be as productive as Ebron. Amaro i'm on the fence. There's a lot to like from a production stand point, but i also think he has the biggest bust risk.

In a dream world, we'd take ASJ and Leonard, thereby giving us a perfect compliment of TEs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    I was intrigued by Leonard prior to the combine, and now i'm super interested. I know you'll scoff, but as far as I see it, Leonard could just as easily be as productive as Ebron. Amaro i'm on the fence. There's a lot to like from a production stand point, but i also think he has the biggest bust risk.

In a dream world, we'd take ASJ and Leonard, thereby giving us a perfect compliment of TEs.
    AC is interesting, but he is far to small to ever expect him to block and Defensive lineman... I think if he goes in the fifth that would be an accomplishment for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    AC is interesting, but he is far to small to ever expect him to block and Defensive lineman... I think if he goes in the fifth that would be an accomplishment for him.
    I'm sorry, AC is about 20 pounds heavier than I thought. He still lacks ideal height. And also has some character issues and enjoys hitting women.

All Pro
    Well he's not going to be lined up against DEs. Clearly, Leonard will be used as a move/joker tight end in the hold h-back fashion. He's got a relative build to his florida brethren.

He may not be a ''phenom'', but he is still a round 1, day 1 starting TE that will be an explosive playmaker at the position. Still little chance he even reaches 18.
    That explosive 4.6 speed has defenses shaking.

Leonard is a fine athlete. He's definitely a guy who can be a good weapon a the next level.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    That explosive 4.6 speed has defenses shaking.
    Which was faster than some of the top wr's like Benjamin and Allen Robinson and barely slower than the likes of Mike Evans and Davante Adams. When did 4.60 become slow for a TE? And unlike a lot of guys (Keller, Cumberland) Ebron actually plays to his timed speed or faster.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    he has suspect hands

All League
    Ebron is Johnny Mitchell all over again...

Which was faster than some of the top wr's like Benjamin and Allen Robinson and barely slower than the likes of Mike Evans and Davante Adams. When did 4.60 become slow for a TE? And unlike a lot of guys (Keller, Cumberland) Ebron actually plays to his timed speed or faster.
    4.6 is average for a receiving TE. Not elite by any means

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    4.6 is average for a receiving TE. Not elite by any means
    Never said it was elite, just said it wasn't much slower than some of the top wideouts. You can knock Ebron for some things but speed is not one of them, he plays like a 4.5-4.6 on the field while a guy like Cumberland who ran 4.47 plays like a 4.7 guy.

Sweet jesus! thanks, i needed a boner today.
    lol, the minute I read UT's post, I thought "Paradis will have a hard on"

Never said it was elite, just said it wasn't much slower than some of the top wideouts. You can knock Ebron for some things but speed is not one of them, he plays like a 4.5-4.6 on the field while a guy like Cumberland who ran 4.47 plays like a 4.7 guy.
    Yeah I mean he's got decent speed but is that really enough to make him a top 20 TE? I think you'd need some kind of elite tools I.e Vernon Davis to be picked that high

All League
    Jimmy Graham could be described the same way.
    The thing that Graham, Gronk, and even Gonzalez have/had are their size along with ability. They ALL are/were uncoverable, not just a matchup nightmare, literally uncoverable.

I would not classify Ebron into that category, in my opinion that is why many people just aren't 100% sold on him to make him the cornerstone of an offense. That all to go along with his weaknesses, blocking most notibly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    The thing that Graham, Gronk, and even Gonzalez have/had are their size along with ability. They ALL are/were uncoverable, not just a matchup nightmare, literally uncoverable.

I would not classify Ebron into that category, in my opinion that is why many people just aren't 100% sold on him to make him the cornerstone of an offense. That all to go along with his weaknesses, blocking most notibly.
    He was talking about Amaro.

Amaro is almost 6'6 in addition to being almost 270 lbs and ran a 4.68 at his pro day and posted a 33.5" vertical.

He was also used in an extremely similar way at Texas Tech as Jimmy Graham is used in New Orleans.

He's still better than that stiff Jenkins. We'll wait till the end of the year, I have no problem eating crow if I'm wrong, will you? By the way, who gives a sht what Pauline thinks, people here give the guy way too much credence, he's wrong just as much as he's right. The draft is a very inexact science even the very best miss out or overrate talent.

What's your point? He doesn't have the speed to make "explosive" plays.

Jeff Cumberland would smoke Ebron in a race. Have you ever talked to a Jet player about Cumberland? The first thing that comes up is his straight line speed. His problem is that he can't catch.

Ive heard he has character issues and now I'm hearing his pro day was average. I didnt like his film before any of this and I now want absolutely nothing to do with this guy.

Being undersized along with character issues sounds more like a high risk and less like a sure thing. I want to get as close to a sure thing as possible in the 1st regardless of the position.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk