Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebron "blew" his proday

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Ebron "blew" his proday

Yes, I'm being a little facetious in light of all the overreactions here... but this one is worth pointing a finger at. Ebron's been called "bullet proof" by far too many here. I know i've been grandstanding on this issue for some time... and all I'm really looking for here is some recognition that Ebron isn't the "phenom" people think he is, and much more a day 2 prospect. He's role player.

Eric Ebron - TE - Tar Heels
    Draft Insider Tony Pauline reports that UNC TE Eric Ebron "did not look good" at his Pro Day.
    "Told Eric Ebron/TE/North Carolina did not look good at pro-day...dropped a number of passes and generally looked poor in drills," Pauline tweeted. Ebron is a player with natural hands who has the ability to make spectacular catches with ease, but his hands just arenít as good as publicized with a 11.43% drop rate, which should not be overlooked. With that being said, Ebron should still be the first tight end prospect off the board in this years draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Yes, I'm being a little facetious in light of all the overreactions here... but this one is worth pointing a finger at. Ebron's been called "bullet proof" by far too many here. I know i've been grandstanding on this issue for some time... and all I'm really looking for here is some recognition that Ebron isn't the "phenom" people think he is, and much more a day 2 prospect. He's role player.
    Agreed, aside from not being the "physical freak" people think he is, he has suspect hands at times, which if you watch his tape becomes obvious. His drops at his pro day just confirm this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He may not be a ''phenom'', but he is still a round 1, day 1 starting TE that will be an explosive playmaker at the position. Still little chance he even reaches 18.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    He may not be a ''phenom'', but he is still a round 1, day 1 starting TE that will be an explosive playmaker at the position. Still little chance he even reaches 18.
    Not really. That's the point.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer 6m
    Heard from a league source that #nyjets showing interest in tight end Austin Seferien-Jenkins (@aesj88) - I think he's top TE in the draft.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    The point is wrong then.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer 7m
    Heard from a league source that #nyjets showing interest in tight end Austin Seferien-Jenkins (@aesj88) - I think he's top TE in the draft.
    Please let this be true!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Others indicated he did all right, the path to the draft guys didn't diss his work out too much. I wouldn't be suprised if he went quite early or if he dropped. He's one of those players that could go either way.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Sweet jesus! thanks, i needed a boner today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    IF Paradis hates you as a TE, I think its fair to say that you aren't that good.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    i tend to trust Tony Pauline in just about everything, so i'll believe that he was underwhelming and i'll believe the Jets have very limited interest

this is a guy that predicted the Jets would take Josh Bush in the 6th round

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Makes sense, Idzik went to Texas Tech's pro day as well to see Amaro, the second round looks to be a good place to take one.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Makes sense, Idzik went to Texas Tech's pro day as well to see Amaro, the second round looks to be a good place to take one.
    And draft a WR/CB in the first, depending on whether the Jets get Jackson or another corner.

Actually I think Idzik will draft a corner in the middle rounds no matter what, just like they did in Seattle.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    i tend to trust Tony Pauline in just about everything, so i'll believe that he was underwhelming and i'll believe the Jets have very limited interest

this is a guy that predicted the Jets would take Josh Bush in the 6th round
    That was a late round pick though.

With early round picks, whenever somebody says Team ____ is interested in ______, I always assume it's a smokescreen

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    IF Paradis hates you as a TE, I think its fair to say that you aren't that good.
    I pay particular attention to the tightness of said ends.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    That was a late round pick though.

With early round picks, whenever somebody says Team ____ is interested in ______, I always assume it's a smokescreen
    Exactly. It is very rare a team actually selects the player they are supposedly "IN LOVE WITH" in the early rounds. It is all smoke screens.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets had scouts at the UNC pro day to watch Ebron, so they have some level of interest.

Ebron is my favorite and has been before the 2013 college season started and would be my choice if available at 18 (depending on who else is available), but I am still pro ASJ in the 2nd if we do not get Ebron. If we get neither than next choice would be AC Leonard late in the draft. I do not care for Amaro.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still favor Amaro the most.

Basically Jimmy Graham-lite.

Put him at TE, line him up in the slot or out wide, etc.

The dude is a weapon and attacks the ball. Is also a tough son of a b*tch to bring down in the open field.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still favor Amaro the most.

Basically Jimmy Graham-lite.

Put him at TE, line him up in the slot or out wide, etc.

The dude is a weapon and attacks the ball. Is also a tough son of a b*tch to bring down in the open field.
    I don't understand why so many here don't like Amaro.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    I don't understand why so many here don't like Amaro.
    Because he's essentially an oversized flex receiver who played on an air raid high power offense in college. Not sure his game will translate well at the next level.

I originally liked him, but I've been down on him the more I've watched him