to be on Michael Kay's show. I forgot he's also on the YES network for
    those by a TV

All League
    +1

Interview coming up at 3

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Keep us posted on what is said ... Or hinted towards please

Translation: Dominique wanted a ton of cash and the Jets weren't willing to give it to him

idzik crazy like a fox...

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Translation: Dominique wanted a ton of cash and the Jets weren't willing to give it to him
    -- With 12 draft picks , we don't need to overspend on one player ( like Tanny ).. We can really build this year.

...The New York Jets, who suffered significant free-agent losses last offseason, received the maximum number of compensatory picks for the upcoming draft -- four selections, the NFL announced Monday.

They will receive one fourth-round pick (No. 137 overall) and three in the sixth round (Nos. 209, 210, 213). The Jets have 12 picks in what many experts are calling the deepest draft in years.

The Jets have a total of three picks in the fourth round -- their own choice, the compensatory pick and the pick they received in the Darrelle Revis trade. Although compensatory picks can't be traded, the glut of fourth-rounders gives them added flexibility to wheel and deal.

Did someone say DeSean Jackson?

This is the Jets' reward for last year's "Rexodus," when fans and media were criticizing general manager John Idzik for allowing established players to walk out the door in free agency. Now all they have to do is maximize the opportunity by ... you know, not drafting bad players.

Idzik catchphrase: "I won't go into specifics"

The reason the Jets didn't sign Revis is because he was not a long term answer at CB. That's another thing I get from this interview

The reason the Jets didn't sign Revis is because he was not a long term answer at CB. That's another thing I get from this interview
    suggesting they are looking to fill the position via the draft rather than FA. Very convenient to say after the the wave of CB FA signings.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    suggesting they are looking to fill the position via the draft rather than FA. Very convenient to say after the the wave of CB FA signings.
    Well you look at the CBs in FA. The only ones that you could say were LONG term answers were Verner and Davis. The others are stop gaps or questionable players. They tried to get Davis and the Colts out bid them and Verner didn't fit their system

All Pro
    Well you look at the CBs in FA. The only ones that you could say were LONG term answers were Verner and Davis. The others are stop gaps or questionable players. They tried to get Davis and the Colts out bid them and Verner didn't fit their system
    Revis should be a top CB for years to come. I guess they were addressing the viability of keeping him on the payroll long-term.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Get it done, Dartmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Revis should be a top CB for years to come. I guess they were addressing the viability of keeping him on the payroll long-term.
    Bingo. If the Jets signed Revis, the thinking is that he would get back to his ways of whining about his contract.

The two main things I got from that:

1. Jets are looking for players that they think fit and who think they fit with the Jets. In other words, mutual desire

2. Jets are looking for long term answers at important positions. Which means draft.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 03-26-2014 at 04:47 PM.

Im excited about the draft and our financial situation. Some positives this year and next year some good free agents and hopefully we can be a real contender. But if this draft is chock full of busts, the future will be bleak

The two main things I got from that:

1. Jets are looking for players that they think fit and who think they fit with the Jets. In other words, mutual desire

2. Jets are looking for long term answers at important positions. Which means draft.

I am totally fine with this approach.... I think you have to exercise judgment when you are dealing with FA market.. there are some FA players that are available now and potential more players post Draft...

The Jets have a total of 12 picks. Six within the Top 137.... They have some flexibility w/ Trading some of their Non Compensatory picks for players, moving up if desired and future years draft pics..

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    Nobody is keeping Revis long-term. He will be gone from the Pasts* next year, unless, hopefully, he rapes them again.
    He's gonna keep playing for the loser of the Championship game every year.

F*** him. We don't need him and we don't want him. He was a GIGANTIC PITA for the FO. We should know that better than anyone and his best years are behind him, under REX.

I've waited years to see the Jets managed like this, 30 mil cap space and 12 draft picks, talk of building a foundation, long term success, building the right way, it's all music to my ears.

This offseason has been utter bliss thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    I've waited years to see the Jets managed like this, 30 mil cap space and 12 draft picks, talk of building a foundation, long term success, building the right way, it's all music to my ears.

+1

And there are still trades and other cuts we might be able to fit in as well. This organization is at a good place right now. It may not translate into a Championship game or Super Bowl this year, but we'll be very competitive, make a run at the playoffs, and be teed up for a run over the next few years.

Quote Originally Posted by morite View Post
    +1

And there are still trades and other cuts we might be able to fit in as well. This organization is at a good place right now. It may not translate into a Championship game or Super Bowl this year, but we'll be very competitive, make a run at the playoffs, and be teed up for a run over the next few years.
    And the moment we are close we will have the ability to make a few big splashes to take us to the next level (ie Cliff Avril, Harvin, Michael Bennett). What the Jets have done in the past, and the fish/skins continue to do, which is trying to turn average teams into great ones through FA never works and usually ends up screwing the franchise for the years following.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

+2