Thread: Tinstar's choice

All Pro

Tinstar's choice

QB : Zach Mettenberger vs Aaron Murray:

Murray all day and especially on game day. Watch the tapes, and if you don't notice that even I loses, Murray shows up where as the big strong arm kid from LSU never does.

WR: Odell Beckham Jr vs Brandin Cooks :
    Watch the tape, and if it's the occasional big play you want, OBJ is your guy. If you want the total package Cooks is your guy.

OT: Taylor Lewan vs everyone else:
    You can have Ogden or Ferguson, so choose.

TE: Ebron vs ASJ
    Ha, Ha, Ha. One guy is a WR posing as a TE with suspect hands while the other is a TE working through some issues.
    If it's me with 4 picks in the 6th round, I wait and spend 1 on Colt Lyerla who I believe is the best TE in this class. On a side note, I would spend another of those picks on Aaron Colvin.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    QB : Zach Mettenberger vs Aaron Murray:

Murray all day and especially on game day. Watch the tapes, and if you don't notice that even I loses, Murray shows up where as the big strong arm kid from LSU never does.

WR: Odell Beckham Jr vs Brandin Cooks :
    Watch the tape, and if it's the occasional big play you want, OBJ is your guy. If you want the total package Cooks is your guy.

OT: Taylor Lewan vs everyone else:
    You can have Ogden or Ferguson, so choose.

TE: Ebron vs ASJ
    Ha, Ha, Ha. One guy is a WR posing as a TE with suspect hands while the other is a TE working through some issues.
    If it's me with 4 picks in the 6th round, I wait and spend 1 on Colt Lyerla who I believe is the best TE in this class. On a side note, I would spend another of those picks on Aaron Colvin.

I like either or in the Wr department. I know Ebron has suspect hands, but the can make some plays as well. I probably would stay away tho.

Since it's looking like D-Jax is staying put in Philly (crossing my fingers this is negotiating) it looks like the Jets are relying on solely the draft to get another WR and TE. If that's the case you get Ebron at 18 and then best WR available in round 2 since this is supposedly such a deep draft at WR.

Jets Insider VIP
    I am big on Murray.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Since it's looking like D-Jax is staying put in Philly (crossing my fingers this is negotiating) it looks like the Jets are relying on solely the draft to get another WR and TE. If that's the case you get Ebron at 18 and then best WR available in round 2 since this is supposedly such a deep draft at WR.
    It will make my day when I hear this kid's name call in the top 10. I on' want my Jets to even be tempted by his gimoke. I don't care what popular opinion is today. If an offensive player like a TE is 1 dimensional, that dimension had better be all world for that player to even be considered a 1st rounder in my book. This kid can't block, has questionable hands and work ethic. Considered a diva in college.

Not a Jet.

I have no idea what you mean by the Lewan comment, let me know.

Beckahm is not a 'big play' kind of player and yet he has shown speed at the combine and such. I like both players and would not complain about either.

You are right about the TE's but that is the position these days. A lot of the best ones are not great all around Te's. As for Lyerla, the guy is nuts, I guess he could give you a couple eyare before flaming out ala Hernandez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

Beckahm is not a 'big play' kind of player and yet he has shown speed at the combine and such. I like both players and would not complain about either.

You are right about the TE's but that is the position these days. A lot of the best ones are not great all around Te's. As for Lyerla, the guy is nuts, I guess he could give you a couple eyare before flaming out ala Hernandez.
    Lyerla is just a conspiracy theorist. I kinda like that, he is a free thinker who thinks for himself. May not agree with him but at least he has an opinion. I find that to be fare from the same level as a murderer.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post

Here's what I mean. If Brick couldn't play LT, where would he play. Lewan can play either the LT or RT position and is effective in either at run blocking or Pass blocking. Lewan is an Ogden type while Ferguson is a pass protector who has 1 position

All Pro
    Don't agree with a lot this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Here's what I mean. If Brick couldn't play LT, where would he play. Lewan can play either the LT or RT position and is effective in either at run blocking or Pass blocking. Lewan is an Ogden type while Ferguson is a pass protector who has 1 position
    I think you are WAY overrating Lewan. Good player but not in the league of either of the guys you just talked about.