Thread: Sad day

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad day

Firefighters who perished today were Lt. Edward J. Walsh and Firefighter Michael R. Kennedy. Both of Engine 33. Lt. Walsh was married with three kids under the age of 10 and FF Kennedy was a Marine combat vet. Just horrible.

image.jpg

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    RIP. I have so much respect for the job these guys do and the sacrifice their families make.

A few weeks ago my town was brought to a stand still after it's fire captain died in the line of duty.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/a-he...video-1.734155

I grew up with his children, such a kind and honorable man.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden 2.0 View Post
    RIP. I have so much respect for the job these guys do and the sacrifice their families make.

A few weeks ago my town was brought to a stand still after it's fire captain died in the line of duty.

http://www.northjersey.com/news/a-he...video-1.734155

I grew up with his children, such a kind and honorable man.

So many good men. They get no credit until they pass.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    RIP to both brave men, prayers and best wishes for their families.

-

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do I sense sarcasm with these posts?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most likely would have missed this. Ran into a friend on my route today "day drinking", said he was having a bad day. His cousin was married to LT Walsh. He will be heading home for funeral.

RIP

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    Why do I sense sarcasm with these posts?
    Dude. You are mistaken, lets move on.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sad news. May they rest in peace.m

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened? Is there a news story with this?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Firefighters who perished today were Lt. Edward J. Walsh and Firefighter Michael R. Kennedy. Both of Engine 33. Lt. Walsh was married with three kids under the age of 10 and FF Kennedy was a Marine combat vet. Just horrible.

image.jpg

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Peebag View Post
    What happened? Is there a news story with this?
    BOSTON (AP) — A fast-moving fire that sent smoke and flames pouring from the roof and windows of a brownstone killed two firefighters on Wednesday and injured at least five others.

The deadly fire snarled traffic in Boston's densely populated Back Bay neighborhood. Boston EMS spokesman Nick Martin said 18 people, all police officers or firefighters, were taken to hospitals. Fire department spokesman Steve MacDonald said there were no reports of brownstone residents missing and it appeared everyone who was inside at the time had escaped.

City Councilor Josh Zakim, who represents the area, confirmed the two firefighters' deaths. He said nine units in the four-story building were affected.

"On this tragic day, our thoughts and prayers are with the brave men and women who fought this fire," Zakim said.

Major thoroughfare Storrow Drive was shut down for a time, and people were being asked to stay out of the area. The mayor's office designated the nearby Boston Public Library as a center for people displaced or otherwise affected by the fire to get help.

AP: Boston Fire Department
    In this photo released by the Boston Fire Department via Twitter, firefighters tend to a colleague at the scene of a multi-alarm fire at a four-story brownstone in the Back Bay neighborhood near the Charles River on March 26, 2014.
    An assistant district attorney was sent to the scene, standard procedure in cases in which there are serious or potentially life-threatening injuries or deaths, said Jake Wark, a spokesman for Suffolk District Attorney Dan Conley. There was no immediate word on the cause of the fire, which was still burning several hours later.

Despite strong winds and cold temperatures, people gathered to watch firefighters work from outside the building.

AP: Scott Eisen
    Firefighters and emergency medical personnel rush a firefighter from the scene of a multi-alarm fire at a four-story brownstone in the Back Bay neighborhood near the Charles River, Wednesday, March 26, 2014, in Boston.
    "The smoke was unbelievable," said Kayla Dasilva, who lives a few blocks away and went with her roommate to see what was happening.

Anna Kosmidou, who lives in the apartment building next to the one that caught fire, said she and other residents were told they could not stay there Wednesday night.

AP: Steven Senne
    Fighters battle a multi-alarm fire at a four-story brownstone in the Back Bay neighborhood near the Charles River, Wednesday, March 26, 2014, in Boston.
    "I'm very, very afraid. I'm still in shock," she said. "They called me at work, and then I ran over here."

The last Boston firefighter killed on duty died in 2009, when the fire truck in which he was riding struck a building after its brakes failed. Two firefighters died in 2007 battling a restaurant fire in the West Roxbury neighborhood.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Dude. You are mistaken, lets move on.

I mean the death threads in general. Sometimes it is hard to take FF2 seriously.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 24 View Post
    I mean the death threads in general. Sometimes it is hard to take FF2 seriously.
    Yes. Yes it is.

But not this time, methinks.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Basement fires are the worst. Rest in peace, brothers.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    There are none braver than the guys who rush TOWARDS a burning building. RIP.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rest in Peace, Brothers.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Just awful. RIP Gents.

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    There are none braver than the guys who rush TOWARDS a burning building. RIP.
    Or the ones rushing UP the stairs.

May God Bless them all.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, wow. Heard about it but didn't know anyone died. I think my brother was out there, heard something about it from him...

Apparently, it was on the block Tom Brady has a house on and he had to evacuate.
    I made a funny that he was just burning evidence and it got out of control, but I dint know any Fire Fighters were hurt.

People like that should be paid a lot more, and politicians MUCH less.