Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The official Johnny Football (and Evans) Show thread

Jets Insider VIP

The official Johnny Football (and Evans) Show thread

Pro Day. If you are watching. Let's discuss.

Manziel is going to have such a huge range of where he might go in this draft. Could perhaps be a top 5 pick, could fall out of the 1st round.

That 60 yard bomb down the left side was beautiful

I can definitely see the Texans picking him at 1

Hall Of Fame
    Didn't see it but I heard George HW Bush and Barbara were in attendance.

One thing he can never be faulted for is confidence. Throwing in pads with music playing, and then having by all accounts a great session - really making a statement and backing it up.

Not sure Id risk my job (GM) and possibly career on drafting him, but hes certainly gonna be entertaining.

Kid has skills, but will they translate in the NFL?

There's always some GM out there willing to take a chance, they can't help themselves. Either a home run or a dud, no in between.

Hall Of Fame
    You can tell Johnny signed a nice deal with Nike, everything he had on had a swoosh on it.

Veteran
    Bust!

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Didn't see it but I heard George HW Bush and Barbara were in attendance.
    @nfl: Amazing RT @GeorgeHWBush: With @JManziel2 before his pro day. I could have used this helmet in my previous day job. http://t.co/1cp4LaYDGn

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @nfl: Amazing RT @GeorgeHWBush: With @JManziel2 before his pro day. I could have used this helmet in my previous day job. http://t.co/1cp4LaYDGn
    Don't mess with Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    You can tell Johnny signed a nice deal with Nike, everything he had on had a swoosh on it.
    @darrenrovell: Nike is selling Manziel's Pro Day gear. Gotta make that $ back http://t.co/pMU4ZhxDDX http://t.co/j4Bkg5DNFI (H/T @sandycannold)

Don't think he goes 1. Think O'Brien will go with Bortles at that spot. After Bortles, it's anyone's guess who next takes a QB or trades up for Manziel.

Practice Squad
    All this talk about Manziel, how did Evans look?

Sounds like he had a stellar workout. so do we take Bridgewater when he falls to 18?

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Life View Post
    That 60 yard bomb down the left side was beautiful
    I beg to disagree. that 60 yard bomb shows Manziel's limited arm strength.

Look where Evans lines up: two to three yards from the numbers and fifteen yards from the hashmark. The catch is made three to five yards from hashmark. The ball should have flown towards the numbers. If there's a safety there, that Safety will undercut the route and pick the ball off. There just wasn't enough velocity on the ball. The last few seconds of the clip shows how the ball drifted back towards the right from its apex.

This video though shows just how smooth Evans is. For a 6' 5" 230 guy that's pretty impressive. Excellent ball flight recognition. Made Manziel look good. LOL. Evans should be huge at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by positive View Post
    I beg to disagree. that 60 yard bomb shows Manziel's limited arm strength.

Look where Evans lines up: two to three yards from the numbers and fifteen yards from the hashmark. The catch is made three to five yards from hashmark. The ball should have flown towards the numbers. If there's a safety there, that Safety will undercut the route and pick the ball off. There just wasn't enough velocity on the ball. The last few seconds of the clip shows how the ball drifted back towards the right from its apex.

This video though shows just how smooth Evans is. For a 6' 5" 230 guy that's pretty impressive. Excellent ball flight recognition. Made Manziel look good. LOL. Evans should be huge at the next level.
    I see you a beg to differ and I'll raise you one. Both long balls I've seen in the hilights were very good. There was minimal drift by Evans on the 2nd one I saw and the 1st one was about a 57 yarder rolling out at full speed perfectly placed towards the sidelines. If you don't like Manziles hi-lights you must really hate what Bridgewater did.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    I see you a beg to differ and I'll raise you one. Both long balls I've seen in the hilights were very good. There was minimal drift by Evans on the 2nd one I saw and the 1st one was about a 57 yarder rolling out at full speed perfectly placed towards the sidelines. If you don't like Manziles hi-lights you must really hate what Bridgewater did.
    There's no question Bridgewater had a bad pro day--but so what, I don't think that should take away from his college success. Although Manziel was 61/64, I still question his arm strength at the next level. In other words, the pro day did not make me an automatic believer. Manziel is such a strange prospects. His intangibles are excellent but at the same time his tangibles are mediocre

Truth is, Manziel and Bridgewater are similar prospects--slightly undersized QBs with good accuracy and instincts. I just see Bridgewater as the more polished prospect. And there was 10 yard drift on the second throw based on where he lined up and where he caught the ball.

But who cares anyway. This pro day stuff is mostly nonsense. Teams are mostly interested in meeting the player and spending time with him as well as watching footwork and ball velocity. Everything else comes from game tape. Bridgewater is the classic pocket passer with Manziel as the ultimate improvisor with excellent instincts. As a GM I'd need to do a lot of soul searching before I would use a top pick on Manziel.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRy923 View Post
    I can definitely see the Texans picking him at 1
    I like Evans but #1 overall? I'm thinking more 8-13 range. Clowney to Houston is like 98% likely at this point.

I believe they are referring to Johnny Football at #1